Archived Guest Service Routines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! I was wondering what are the daily routines for opening and closing at guest service?

Last edited:
ASANTS. I always close but I'm just a GSTM not a GSA/TL so there may be different expectations for your store.

Primary job:
1. Box up and close salvage and CRC.
2. Print out slips and attach to appropriate box along with salvage or CRC stickers.
3. For CRC, have it audited by AP/LOD
4. Make sure all GS abandon is put in appropriate cart
5. Check and fill bags.
6. Zoning anything near the front entrance i.e, Bullseye and random food/soda displays.

Last edited:
I feel like Guest service doesn't have much of a routine it's kind of do what you can on the time you got left, ususally I open so I clean up the leftover reshop from flow and the night before and make sure the desk is looking clean and presentable, set up salvage boxes if they were taken the night before, start over in bullseyes and get the reshop and pulls done before it gets busy. Make sure you have all your equipment, such as walkie, PDA to audit and maybe a mydevice if you get lucky. Sometimes I go through RFID and make sure that's either defected out or a tag is created. Go through the boxes of holds and paid and left to see if any needs to go back to the floor and so on.
When ever I open that's the kind of things I go thorough, there isn't much of a routine just kind of clean everything up from the day before so you can be productive and ready. It's just to make sure I have the materials that let me do my job efficiently.

With closing for me it doesn't happen as often but we make sure salvage and CRC are ready to be boxed up for the night, we close them if they are full and go down the list for CRC to make sure we got everything, go through our online order log book to make sure every order was processed and charged. Zone and reshop bullseye when it gets super quiet and make sure it looks good for either flow or the opener. Also maybe go through RFID if you have time so it doesn't pile up. Make sure you have the essentials, tape, staples, receipt paper, registry bags, regular bags, pens, highlighters.
When I close I kind of just straighten things up to make it looks presentable and not leave much clean up for whoever is coming in the following morning.
Sorry for the ramble just there is a lot of tasks to do at guest service so it's a good way to just know what to do it

@Amanda Cantwell you got anymore input on the matter? :p
:)

The other posters covered everything I can think of. We don't do anything with boxing CRC at my store. Or at least I don't. But doing pilferage is important. I would recommend making print out lists for what your store does do (ASANTS)

What concerns me is if your GSTMs are overwhelmed focus on making sure theyre providing good guest service and not getting scammed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back