Archived Guest services help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever lost a CRC receipt/ print out whatever it's called, today I lost it and my etl said they would let me know the next day what would happen for losing it. First time ever losing it.

I have not lost one but I'm pretty sure they can print another one out. As long as everything in the CRC box matches everything on the list it should be ok. Try not to worry and get some sleep. Really. I think you will be fine.

Actually it's usually a coaching because there is no way to reprint those. But there are still ways of seeing what was CRC'd that day, it just takes longer.

I've never lost one wen I was service desk, but one time one printed out and recipes paper was ripped right where the box number was supposed to be. Which made backroom a bit irritated.

Also, a friend lost it but they still had all the CRC items. I think it just comes down and making sure they're all verified and there. But they should be able to look up any transaction/recipient print in the system. So I don't see it being a huge deal.

Actually it's usually a coaching because there is no way to reprint those. But there are still ways of seeing what was CRC'd that day, it just takes longer.
I've had backroom print out a report before on everything that ESIM'd and who did it. I think they should be able to do that with CRC. But I could be wrong.

Yeah exactly techniques like that will work, and I know AP has access to something similar. But that all requires additional follow up by a separate team bc the original reciept they don't let us reprint on the registers. Just kind of adds extra workload for others, ergo the coaching.

I've lost it once before too. Shit happens.

This is sort of related, but I have a few questions about Salvage and CRC. What exactly happens when items are missing? Sometimes stuff defects on accident or they get mixed with ESIM, or they just disappear into nothingness. What does the person who handles the Salvage do? Also, is it a big deal if there's only one receipt, but the Salvage is split up into two boxes? I've been in Guest Service for a while, but I still wonder if how I've been trained is correct or not.

Well anything that gets defected out twice or the label is still present for (as in the item didn't get sent back at all including the label) should be returned to stock with a PDA. This effectively cancels the defective label like it never happened.

But if items are straight up missing, it's usually just chalked up to shortage. Which is sometimes investigated into by AP.

Best technique I've seen for 1 slip but multiple boxes is the following:
Write Box Number (on slip) on EVERY cardboard box you're send out
Number the boxes. (1 of 2, 2 of 2)

This is sort of related, but I have a few questions about Salvage and CRC. What exactly happens when items are missing? Sometimes stuff defects on accident or they get mixed with ESIM, or they just disappear into nothingness. What does the person who handles the Salvage do? Also, is it a big deal if there's only one receipt, but the Salvage is split up into two boxes? I've been in Guest Service for a while, but I still wonder if how I've been trained is correct or not.

If something has been CRC'd and wasn't meant to, it should be voided out on a PDA before printing the list (if you know you accidently had it go to CRC.

as for the handling of the missing items I'm not exactly sure. When I was at guest services we handed that part to AP so they could look into it and really never heard about it again.

As far as splitting the boxes up. I was told to just make sure the stickers have the same box number written on them so they know it's on the same list. Also writing box 1 of 2 helps so they know there are mutiple boxes of that list and know to look for more than 1 box.

If something has been CRC'd and wasn't meant to, it should be voided out on a PDA before printing the list (if you know you accidently had it go to CRC.

or the handling of the missing items I'm not exactly sure. When I was at guest services we handed that part to AP so they could look into it and really never heard about it again.

As far as splitting the boxes up. I was told to just make sure the stickers have the same box number written on them so they know it's on the same list. Also writing box 1 of 2 helps so they know there are mutiple boxes of that list and know to look for more than 1 box.

Thanks! I never knew about labeling additional boxes, but I always wondered. We have a new person handling that stuff in the backroom right now, and it's been absolute chaos back there. All of the ESIM bins are full too, which is frustrating.

I've also never been shown how to void accidental defects. Lol. How is it possible they think I'm so good?! I get nothing but praise. I gotta learn that shit though.

Thanks! I never knew about labeling additional boxes, but I always wondered. We have a new person handling that stuff in the backroom right now, and it's been absolute chaos back there. All of the ESIM bins are full too, which is frustrating.

I've also never been shown how to void accidental defects. Lol. How is it possible they think I'm so good?! I get nothing but praise. I gotta learn that shit though.

My store made it a pretty big deal at Guest Service to label every single box with the
Box #:
Initials
Date & Time
& if there were mutiple boxes for the same list label 1 of 2 and 2 of 2, etc

As far as the PDA you just need to go into defects, and I beieve it's return to inventory and you scan the defect label and it should be voided. :)

Become great at defectives and AP will appreciate it.

Items do once in awhile come up missing though. Usually thrown in go backs or put into the wrong defect box.

My store made it a pretty big deal at Guest Service to label every single box with the
Box #:
Initials
Date & Time
& if there were mutiple boxes for the same list label 1 of 2 and 2 of 2, etc

As far as the PDA you just need to go into defects, and I beieve it's return to inventory and you scan the defect label and it should be voided. :)

Become great at defectives and AP will appreciate it.

Items do once in awhile come up missing though. Usually thrown in go backs or put into the wrong defect box.

Thanks! I'm going to start doing that. Maybe it will help clear up the chaos in the backroom.

In my district, CRC is audited on a nightly basis by a TPS, and we report everything missing from the box to the ETL-AP to figure out what happened to it, which has lead to big internal theft cases.
As for loosing the receipt, I don't think it's a big deal, I've lost it a couple of times. Where ever it goes has a list of everything that's supposed to be on each pallet.

In my district, CRC is audited on a nightly basis by a TPS, and we report everything missing from the box to the ETL-AP to figure out what happened to it, which has lead to big internal theft cases.
As for loosing the receipt, I don't think it's a big deal, I've lost it a couple of times. Where ever it goes has a list of everything that's supposed to be on each pallet.

Yes, it's the same in my store as well. AP is supposed to close out CRC nightly, however they're usually too busy/ don't get around to it. So occasionally Guest Service closes it if it's overflowing, and AP is already gone for the night. Whenever someone new comes to Guest Service, and a CRC item is missing, 99% of the time, it's an "E-cycle" item...and it's in the ESIM boxes. Sigh. At least it's consistent I guess.

I have one more question for everyone. On a scale of 1-10, how bad is it for ESIM to NOT be in a proper tub with a lid? Like I mentioned previously, our Backroom area where Salvage is taken has been an absolute wreck lately. It's not uncommon for all the ESIM bins in the back to be full as well. So, I've been taking my ESIM to the back in a basket, so that I can keep my bins in Guest Service, because it's possible I won't have room for it. Usually, it's been no issue, and I can manage to squeeze all my ESIM stuff into the bins. However, the other night, I couldn't even get to the bins because there were huge pallets blocking the entire area, as well as just stacks of nonsense. So I had to leave my ESIM without being properly stored. I've always been told this is a huge no-no, and I fear getting in trouble. But some nights I'm at a loss for what to do. Should I put my ESIM in a box at least? Or just sacrifice my Guest Service bins and leave them in the back? Should I have the LOD requisition some more bins? We have a lot...they're just all full. All I know is, I'm not going to get away with leaving everything in a basket for long.

Guest Service has always been responsible for taking care of closing out CRC boxes at my store. We haven't had any pressure from Leadership or AP to number the boxes, so I assume that either we are doing a good job or they don't really care enough to enforce something like that.

Yes, it's the same in my store as well. AP is supposed to close out CRC nightly, however they're usually too busy/ don't get around to it. So occasionally Guest Service closes it if it's overflowing, and AP is already gone for the night. Whenever someone new comes to Guest Service, and a CRC item is missing, 99% of the time, it's an "E-cycle" item...and it's in the ESIM boxes. Sigh. At least it's consistent I guess.

I have one more question for everyone. On a scale of 1-10, how bad is it for ESIM to NOT be in a proper tub with a lid? Like I mentioned previously, our Backroom area where Salvage is taken has been an absolute wreck lately. It's not uncommon for all the ESIM bins in the back to be full as well. So, I've been taking my ESIM to the back in a basket, so that I can keep my bins in Guest Service, because it's possible I won't have room for it. Usually, it's been no issue, and I can manage to squeeze all my ESIM stuff into the bins. However, the other night, I couldn't even get to the bins because there were huge pallets blocking the entire area, as well as just stacks of nonsense. So I had to leave my ESIM without being properly stored. I've always been told this is a huge no-no, and I fear getting in trouble. But some nights I'm at a loss for what to do. Should I put my ESIM in a box at least? Or just sacrifice my Guest Service bins and leave them in the back? Should I have the LOD requisition some more bins? We have a lot...they're just all full. All I know is, I'm not going to get away with leaving everything in a basket for long.

ESIM items need to be in a plastic, labelled tub with the lid secured. Have them requisition more tubs if needed. I have been told that hefty fines can be exacted if this procedure is not followed.

Guest Service has always been responsible for taking care of closing out CRC boxes at my store. We haven't had any pressure from Leadership or AP to number the boxes, so I assume that either we are doing a good job or they don't really care enough to enforce something like that.

There's been no pressure on me either, though anything to do better, I'll do. :p

ESIM items need to be in a plastic, labelled tub with the lid secured. Have them requisition more tubs if needed. I have been told that hefty fines can be exacted if this procedure is not followed.

Yeah, that's what I was told too. I wonder what the consequences for NOT doing that are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back