Archived guests that bug me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I had an old lady steal my 3-tier the other day to shop with. Had parked it next to the dog/cat food cooler while doing SDAs and gotten called up for a long bout of fast service at the front, came back to find it missing. On my way to grab another one she strolls on by going the other way with my 3-tier.

Guests who come to the SD to do a price change after they've checked out and use the line "The cashier over there rang this up for the wrong price"
......really? If the cashiers entered the prices, we wouldn't have computers at the checklanes. Do you see the cashier stopping after each item to type in a price? No? Hmm.

When people come up to me on the sales floor and say "HOW MUCH IS THIS" as if I know the price of every item in the store.

That's when you walk them over to the scanner and using small words show them how to use it.

The customers who watch you bag up their entire purchase and at the very end 'remember' they have reusable bags and expect you to take everything out and start again.
The customers who come up to express and then stand around for 5 minutes holding up the line because they want to take their time paying. I want to shout 'you're in express, hurry up or move on.'
The customers who go through express and act surprised that instead of having 10 items they have 30....that didn't just sneak up on you, you hid them under your coat.
The customers who act like they are doing you a favor by speaking with you. As if they are so high and mighty they don't usually speak to someone ole you

The guys who grace me with their presence & ask "How's your day goin'?"
Like you really care? No....didn't think so.
I don't really give a rat's a$$ about your day either.

Annoyance of the day...swiping their credit/debit card, putting it away in their wallet, putting wallet in purse...
Oh! I have to answer a question on the card reader? Answers question. Me-still waiting. Them noticing that the screen says Use Card Reader. Oh! Answers 2 more questions on card reader.
Seriously, you have a Redcard (which means they probably shop here a lot)! You don't know the routine by now???
I'll take "Things that happen 50 times a day in Pharmacy" for $1000, awbuckit....

The only difference is they swipe it before I've even pulled their prescription out of the bin, then get pissy because they have to get the card out again OR, they do it while the signature box is on the screen so it doesn't read it.

I have to admit, though, the "Do you want it all on the card" IS a pretty stupid question. I don't use my debit card much, but I don't recall EVER seeing it at the few places I do...

We just got the new card readers with the push buttons, but guests STILL use the pen to push them! SSTTTOOOOOPPPPP!!!! You're going to ruin the damn pen, especially since you're banging on them so hard! Why do you think we GOT them? Because idiots like you broke the OLD ones by BANGING ON THEM!!!!!

Oh, and the guests that come and want to check out at pharmacy with a full effing cart of stuff and proceed to pile it on the counter with no rhyme or reason. We only have 1 set of bags for each register so it's a nightmare trying to bag things when they're just thrown up there all willy-nilly. I actually got snippy with a guest one time because she had a ton of crap and I wasn't going to pick through it so she got 1-2 things per bag. She started to complain about the number of bags and I said "Well, I'm sorry, but we aren't equipped to ring up carts full of items back here. I have 1 set of bags and am not going to dig through the pile of stuff to find things that go together. If you want it bagged differently, next time you should go up front where they have multiple bags and can put like items together." She seriously had so much stuff, I couldn't even put her bags on the counter for her, I had to hand them to her and she had to put them on the floor because she still had stuff in the cart!!! I probably went through an entire pack of bags in that 1 transaction. THEN, she complained because I put 2 loaves of bread in the same bag :mad:

Where to start...Let's see, the parents that let their kids play in the toys as they shop, like the toy aisle is daycare? The customer who hands me a boogie, soggy item that needs to be scanned, the lady arguing with her kids on her cell.... The customer that purchases an abundance of toys and wants a gift receipt for each and every toy in her cart. The old man who passes gas loudly in the same aisle that I'm zoning and hes just laughs and walks away.....

Where to start...Let's see, the parents that let their kids play in the toys as they shop, like the toy aisle is daycare? The customer who hands me a boogie, soggy item that needs to be scanned, the lady arguing with her kids on her cell.... The customer that purchases an abundance of toys and wants a gift receipt for each and every toy in her cart. The old man who passes gas loudly in the same aisle that I'm zoning and hes just laughs and walks away.....

We had a sign like this one in the kids section in the bookstore, only it said double espresso and a kitten.

unattended-kids-sign1.jpg

I don't know if it's just me but I can't stand the guests that come in with a full cart or two of items with their own bags...and just stand there as I bag. It kills my speed score and I end up in trouble over it. It takes quite some time to try and bag $300 worth of stuff into recyclable bags with kids trying to pull the bags off the counter while the mom is on the phone. Ugh!

We had a sign like this one in the kids section in the bookstore, only it said double espresso and a kitten.

unattended-kids-sign1.jpg

There's a restaurant near me that has this sign.

Guests that buy gigantic items, in my most recent case a giant grill, and then they pull up to the front door in a tiny sports car like a Hyundai Tiburon and are shocked that you aren't able to make it fit after you spend 20 minutes cutting open the box and trying to fit it in there like a puzzle piece by piece. I get these cases all the time, then they'll try to direct you, and say oh please, don't force it, or damage my car if you try to gently nudge something at their direction trying to fit the monstrosity in their tiny car. Especially annoying when you completely destroyed the packaging, and they have to return it because it won't fit.

This is especially annoying on a windy day when protective foam, chunks of cardboard, and plastic from the packaging starts flying off the flat into the parking lot.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's just me but I can't stand the guests that come in with a full cart or two of items with their own bags...and just stand there as I bag. It kills my speed score and I end up in trouble over it. It takes quite some time to try and bag $300 worth of stuff into recyclable bags with kids trying to pull the bags off the counter while the mom is on the phone. Ugh!

Oh, yeah, I had forgotten about the recycled bag people. Now, I'm all for recycled bags. I have some myself. But I hate it when Suburban SuzyQ stands there watching me struggle to scan and bag her multi-itemed conveyer belt of items. It's like someone, somewhere told these people they absolutely cannot offer to help or help in any way. It's Tarrrrrrget, not Bloomingdales/Nordstrom/Dillards!

You either get people who scan their card as soon as they are in front of the card reader or people who wait til every item is rung up. I don't know what gets into the premature swipers. It's like they can't see that you haven't scanned a thing yet....

Premature Swipers... Lol. I hate having to tell the premature swipes that they have to swipe their card again because I hadn't even started yet. They give you the dumbest look like they don't understand life.... Sheesh.

On the other hand I can see why people wait until the end. I didn't even know you could swipe your card during the transaction before I worked at Target. Also, I've been to other places and have swiped it during the transaction and have gotten yelled at... Ok time to stop typing the cat is sitting on my mouse

On the other hand I can see why people wait until the end. I didn't even know you could swipe your card during the transaction before I worked at Target. Also, I've been to other places and have swiped it during the transaction and have gotten yelled at... Ok time to stop typing the cat is sitting on my mouse

Well in honesty, at my last job you had to wait until the end to swipe your card, people would swipe and put their card away and then get pissy when I asked them how they would like to pay. So we got to the point that we would not mess around with people. Cause we had signs up stating to wait and punishment for getting pissy with us? The full credit card speech, the hard sell speech..

THOSE ARE THE EXACT WORDS I HAVE SAID!!!! I hate zoning toys just to have a brat follow me through each aisle and mess up my zone.

The guests who assume we know everything about products details.... as if we are trained to know every product detail we have in the store by default.

Their sentence doesn't start with "Excuse me I don't mean to bother you, but do you by any chance know", but rather just "How does this...", "what does this..."

Ummm, Google or Wikipedia it?

Unfortunately, a lot of these shoppers that annoying are just lazy and stupid to do their own research, and act as if we know everything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back