Archived Guide "B" Interview help....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreeCreeks

Fulfillment TL
I was offered a TL position by my ETL and accepted.... I did my first interview with the HR ETL (Guide "A") and was passed. I was then given the Guide "B" and interviewed with the STL about a week later. They didn't pass me because my answers were TM answers and not TL. I'm not a TL yet so I don't know how to answer them from a TL point of view. So anyway I redid Guide "B" pretending to be a TL and interviewed for a third time and they didn't pass me because my solutions wasn't stuff the TL could do. How am I suppose to know what authority I'd have if I'm not in that position?!? They gave me Guide "B" again and I'm scheduled to meet with the STL again in a few weeks. If I don't pass it this time I'm assuming they'll rescind their offer and I'll quit most likely.

My question is.... How the hell am I suppose to answer the questions in a TL way if I'm not one while still being realistic?

Does anyone on here still have their Guide "B" and be willing to share with me what they used?

I have leadership experience at other jobs but they want all 4 answers to be Target related, hard considering I've only been on the job for 5 months.

I have no doubt in my mind that I can do the position. I'm actually "doing it" right now because the position doesn't exist at my store so I unofficially lead the area but still get paid like I'm a regular TM. And everyone praises my work, it's just this guide I can't get past.

Any advice you can give me would be great...

Only my first interview used the guide, my stl didn’t use the guide because they basically ask the same thing. With him it was more of a discussion about the job and career goals and just target in general. There are plenty of TL interview questions and forums on this if you search.

Only my first interview used the guide, my stl didn’t use the guide because they basically ask the same thing. With him it was more of a discussion about the job and career goals and just target in general. There are plenty of TL interview questions and forums on this if you search.

Thanks, I'll take a look. Our STL isn't very personal. They didn't ask me a single question other than the 4 in Guide "B." Nothing... My HR ETL asked me a bunch of questions so I had answers to those and others prepared in my head. I even tried to lead them into asking me as I asked them questions.

I was offered a TL position by my ETL and accepted.... I did my first interview with the HR ETL (Guide "A") and was passed. I was then given the Guide "B" and interviewed with the STL about a week later. They didn't pass me because my answers were TM answers and not TL. I'm not a TL yet so I don't know how to answer them from a TL point of view. So anyway I redid Guide "B" pretending to be a TL and interviewed for a third time and they didn't pass me because my solutions wasn't stuff the TL could do. How am I suppose to know what authority I'd have if I'm not in that position?!? They gave me Guide "B" again and I'm scheduled to meet with the STL again in a few weeks. If I don't pass it this time I'm assuming they'll rescind their offer and I'll quit most likely.

My question is.... How the hell am I suppose to answer the questions in a TL way if I'm not one while still being realistic?

Does anyone on here still have their Guide "B" and be willing to share with me what they used?

I have leadership experience at other jobs but they want all 4 answers to be Target related, hard considering I've only been on the job for 5 months.

I have no doubt in my mind that I can do the position. I'm actually "doing it" right now because the position doesn't exist at my store so I unofficially lead the area but still get paid like I'm a regular TM. And everyone praises my work, it's just this guide I can't get past.

Ask your TL or a TL you feel comfortable with to practice the interview guide questions with. Keep in mind your answers should be based on what would you do to make sure guests keep coming back and how you do hold a team accountable.

Scope is the biggest thing they are looking for. Tell them how the decisions you make will help to drive success for the whole business, and not just your workcenter. Also, they want independence, not just from you but your entire workcenter. The goal, and your next piece of your development after you become a TL, is for you to get your workcenter to the point where they can succeed without your guidance or presence. Routines are a big part of this, as is developing your team so that you can delegate more to them. The more your team can do for you, the more you can do for the business.

It has nothing to do with the guide and more with your problem solving execution. I have never had any experience in retail whatsoever , I started softlines and 8 months later I was asked about becoming Logistics Key Carrier TL. All my answers were the same just twitched some scenarios. It had really nothing to do with target or any other job and more so was all personal . Fails and trials because you need to show what you have learned from fails and how you came back from it . So if you are not passing is because you are not thinking or have the attitude of a TL , leading the team alone is not all that a TL do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back