Archived Hanger box question

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a new Logistics STL, suddenly we do not have room for the hanger box in the backroom. I complained that I had to chase someone down everyday to get it down. Their response was to train me how to use the scissor lift. I barely have enough time n a day to do everythng as it is. Is this something a cart attendant normally has to deal with?

Wait, slow down. So they are saying there is no room on the line for the hanger box so they put it up on the steel and you have to get it down with the crown?

That seems a little ridiculous to waste that much time on something that is pretty easy to move out of the way.

There was room for the hanger box, but they put two big recycling cardboard boxes where the hanger box was (one for plastic, another for bottles and cans). I think they are doing this because I have not been grabbing the empty ESIM plastic totes to take back up front. Kind of hard to do hat when I don't work the same time as receiving and don't know where she puts them.

So yeah, everyday I worked last week, I'd get someone to pull it down, then when I cme back the next day it would be back up. Just because I am trained doesn't mean I'm comfortable using that thing.

So they formally trained you how to use the crown?
And you have to use it every time you need to get the hanger box down?

I've never heard of that being done in any store.
Anybody else have a CA trained to use the crown?

We keep the current one down, sometimes more than one if we have room. BR day used to have to switch em out when full, but now we have to work the 5's. Cart attendant switches em out with the Crown now.

We keep the current one down, sometimes more than one if we have room. BR day used to have to switch em out when full, but now we have to work the 5's. Cart attendant switches em out with the Crown now.

That answered my question.

Was this a recent change? I hate that what would be"up" on a game controller is "down" on the crown. Plus, I know the other cart attendant won't get it down. I hate having to be the one to make the new hanger box constantly.

Not too recent. Try to get one spot on the floor and then you can put some sides and bottoms on their sides on each side. Also try to get a spot for the extras on the shelf above so you can take them down by hand. Then you can slide the full one somewhere else and probably get in trouble for doing that.

At my store, we keep the current box under the steel in receiving near the baler. New boxes and the pallets that go with them are on the other side of the baler. I can't remember off-hand where the full boxes go.

I've got another question. Somehow a hanger box ended up on the side of the building. I told the ETL and told him about it. He said he would take care of it. I go back over there on Saturday, and the black lid part is still there, but someone stole the box (since cardboard is worth money). Ripped it, the blue tabs were still there. The ETL on duty Saturday night got the lid back inside. Do I need to report this any higher?

I have always used to use the Crown to put the big hanger boxes on the high steel at my old higher volume stores. At my lower volume store, I just pushed it to the line for the Logistics team. But you have to be signed off on the Crown before you ever use it. There are supposed to be designated spaces for hanger boxes and other Logistic loads. Its usually on the high steel by the dock doors, above the line, or around chargeback. Sometimes you have to find a spot and let Logistics or the LOD know if its in a different spot. Just be sure to pack it down hangers tight. I mean tight, or the DC will throw a fit saying you are returning them too quickly.

Serious...someone took a hanger box outside. I would report the box situation to your AP and STL as the boxes should never be taken outside. Those hanger boxes are allocated by the DCs. They only allow stores to have so many and return so many each month.

I have always used to use the Crown to put the big hanger boxes on the high steel at my old higher volume stores. At my lower volume store, I just pushed it to the line for the Logistics team. But you have to be signed off on the Crown before you ever use it. There are supposed to be designated spaces for hanger boxes and other Logistic loads. Its usually on the high steel by the dock doors, above the line, or around chargeback. Sometimes you have to find a spot and let Logistics or the LOD know if its in a different spot. Just be sure to pack it down hangers tight. I mean tight, or the DC will throw a fit saying you are returning them too quickly.

Serious...someone took a hanger box outside. I would report the box situation to your AP and STL as the boxes should never be taken outside. Those hanger boxes are allocated by the DCs. They only allow stores to have so many and return so many each month.

That's the thing, I told 3 different LOD's before one took care of it, one being the AP-STL. Would Integrity Hotline be ale to help?

I wouldn't. You have pretty much let the box situation be known, and you already outed yourself as one of the TMs knowledgeable of the situation. If you take it to the Hotline, it might come back on you.

I wouldn't. You have pretty much let the box situation be known, and you already outed yourself as one of the TMs knowledgeable of the situation. If you take it to the Hotline, it might come back on you.

Good thinking. I guess it would be kind of obvious.

I've got another question. Somehow a hanger box ended up on the side of the building. I told the ETL and told him about it. He said he would take care of it. I go back over there on Saturday, and the black lid part is still there, but someone stole the box (since cardboard is worth money). Ripped it, the blue tabs were still there. The ETL on duty Saturday night got the lid back inside. Do I need to report this any higher?

Anyone ever been visited by the hangar recycling reps, (not sure exactly what they are called, but that's what they are). I have a few times, when we started the cardboard boxes in the backroom for the plastic recycling, we could fill 5 of those in 2 nights so we used hangar boxes, vendor visited threw a fit. Apparently there is a weight threshold they like (cant remember exact number) vendor says should way 500 lbs, yours are coming in at 490 lbs (seriously that close). Apparently I had one sitting in the steel upside down as well, like it matters, he didn't like that.

I should throw a box outside the building that might be enough to send him over the edge. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back