Archived Hardlines PDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the basic functions of the PDA besides item search that I will use in a Hardlines shift?

If you're new (and not using a mydevice), then I'd mostly stick with item search. There's an app called SUBT used for pulling from the back, but don't use it if you haven't been properly trained. The 'NOP' function in RF apps is helpful, but can be confusing if you've never been shown how to use it. So stick with item search and if you need help pulling anything for a guest, ask another team member for assistance.

There's an app called SUBT used for pulling from the back, but don't use it if you haven't been properly trained. The 'NOP' function in RF apps is helpful, but can be confusing if you've never been shown how to use it.
Can you tell me anything about SUBT and NOP? Like maybe explain them both

Can you tell me anything about SUBT and NOP? Like maybe explain them both
Both SUBT and NOP are RFApps, so they are not on a myDevice, just L/PDA's.
SUBT(Subtract): This is the app that tells the computer that you are taking an amount of a certain product out of a certain backroom location and putting it on the floor/giving it to a guest. Follow the on-screen prompts. My understanding of the process is:
  1. Scan the item.
  2. Select what you are doing with it (CAF pull/guest request/etc)
  3. Scan the location and put in how many you are taking from the location.
NOP(Not On Planogram): This app gives you the status of an item. Scan the item and it will tell you its status (Active, Discontinued, etc) as well as the salesfloor location. The salesfloor location looks something like A17 2-4-2 and is used to locate the item on the shelf. Usually, NOP will be faster than Item Search, but at my store NOP and Item Search take about the same time and for the floor, Item Search has much more of the information you need in one place.

As a hardlines TM, I prefer Item Search because it takes a bit longer but it has much more information in one spot. Another nice feature I use if a guest wants something and we don't have it is Merch Locate on the registers. (Log in, hit the Merch Locate key and scan the item or key the DPCI) This brings up a list of all the stores nearby that have the item and you can hit K2 to print a list for the guest that has the addresses and phone numbers of the stores that carry it so they can call and put it on hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back