Archived Hardlines TL Training Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am brand new to Spot as a Sales Floor Team Leader and at my store I was put in charge of Electronics, Toys and Domestics. I am getting training little by little but each day seems to end with just me zoning by myself and not learning much. I mean, I'm glad I am doing something and I am at least learning the aisles a bit more.

But no one seems to be able to answer my questions very well. Like, What do I do when I clock in and check my email? How do I know what needs to be done that day or where to start? Is there an easier way to approach sales planners for endcaps? And don't even get met started on the supervisory side of the job... I have been in a management position before but I feel like they already expect me to know their systems and where to locate everything...

They have mentioned that they are sending me to another store to finish training with another Hardlines Team Leader. I guess my questions will be answered there?

I just feel so unprepared every time I show up for work and I feel like I'm just walking around with a dumbfounded look on my face...

I am brand new to Spot as a Sales Floor Team Leader and at my store I was put in charge of Electronics, Toys and Domestics. I am getting training little by little but each day seems to end with just me zoning by myself and not learning much. I mean, I'm glad I am doing something and I am at least learning the aisles a bit more.

But no one seems to be able to answer my questions very well. Like, What do I do when I clock in and check my email? How do I know what needs to be done that day or where to start? Is there an easier way to approach sales planners for endcaps? And don't even get met started on the supervisory side of the job... I have been in a management position before but I feel like they already expect me to know their systems and where to locate everything...

They have mentioned that they are sending me to another store to finish training with another Hardlines Team Leader. I guess my questions will be answered there?

I just feel so unprepared every time I show up for work and I feel like I'm just walking around with a dumbfounded look on my face...
First, congratulations on your position!

Team Leaders are typically promoted internally, because they're the ones who are supposedly the "experts" in their departments and know target's systems inside and out. So you'll have a lot of catching up to do! You'll get a lot of useful information when you train at another store. Learn from your team trainers, target lifers, and top performing team members! They're below you but they're usually the top knowledgable employee's in your departments and have lots of knowledge to share. Partner with other sales floor team leaders to get idea's on developing routines.

As far as your email goes, start off slow. Read through them and if there's anything that demands action from you, take care of it. If it's some useless inspirational email, skim it for the highlights and main points.

Salesplanners- partner with your Presentation Team Lead to get tips, because they essentially do the same thing but for every aisle in the store.

Lastly, study these boards! This website has taught me 10000x more than my entire on-the-clock experience at Target

Last edited:
Welcome to The Break Room.
Like @paidtosmile said there are a lot of great threads on being a Team Lead.
Also when they send you to the other store grab hold of everything you can because that will be about all the training you will get.

Good luck and I'm sure you will be one of the good ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back