Archived Has anyone implented the new RFID rollout or is about to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told eventually all our products will have this. It will help with on hand counts. Eventually, we will be able to ring up an entire cart just by waving this device around and it will also help AP with theft.
I can see having it on all Target brand products, but I don't see how they are going to get outside companies to implement it on their merchandise (things like Crayola crayons, Sharp alarm clocks, Progresso soup, etc).

I can see having it on all Target brand products, but I don't see how they are going to get outside companies to implement it on their merchandise (things like Crayola crayons, Sharp alarm clocks, Progresso soup, etc).
Walmart wants all of its suppliers to incorporate RFIDs on their products. Walmart has the sales volume to make it happen, so Target will just ride Walmart's coat tails on this.

Walmart wants all of its suppliers to incorporate RFIDs on their products. Walmart has the sales volume to make it happen, so Target will just ride Walmart's coat tails on this.
This was actually tested and failed with Walmart (from what I was told).

My store is very far along in this new process (can't say how far, cause that would give away my store), the RFID is going to be in most of softlines (not shoes, intimates, and baby hardlines) and domestics (rugs, towels, and sheets(I think)). My STL has described it as painting a fence, you go down the aisle with the scanner (kinda looks like a meat tenderizer), scanner beeps as it counts the products, after you're done you hit submit (on the mydevice, I think?) and it instantly updates the counts. It also works in the backroom. This is just a general overview, I haven't dealt with it personally but we've been talking about this for a couple weeks at huddle.

So spoke to our instocks tl today. Certain items in home and domestics and Softlines will have the tags on them when shipped to the store. The instocks team will use s new scanner and walk down the aisle waving it and it will pull the on hands of those items. They will no longer need to be researched

So our new "Leave with a Bang" will be to stockpile these tags, then leave them in random places/under base decks etc? Especially in the month leading up to Inventory?

So our new "Leave with a Bang" will be to stockpile these tags, then leave them in random places/under base decks etc? Especially in the month leading up to Inventory?
Why would you stockpile the tags? They're embedded into the tag.. To rip them off would be bad. They stay on even after being bought.

I heard the same thing.
I remember hearing about the RFID implementation when I was O/N Support mgr. at Walmart... a decade ago. The process was supposed to start with scanners mounted on the truck doors that verified the truck automatically.

Basically we're getting a magic wand and instocks will wave it around domestics and soft lines that will help them research faster.

I had a similar image in my head we have an older lady on our instocks team that spends 99% of her time complaining about everything and I just couldn't stop imagining her in an aisle having a "wacky waveable arms man" moment trying to get the equipment to work. I also had a great laugh.
This made me laugh as I imagined the new Instocks uniform.
flailing arms.jpg

My STL told me today that the RFID receiver, which they said looks like a gun with no barrel, will connect via Bluetooth to the myDevice for the scans.

Great, since at least two of our myDevices won't even turn on, another stops scanning after about a half-hour, and I lost track of how many just don't scan, I can see us having a problem with this.

My STL told me today that the RFID receiver, which they said looks like a gun with no barrel, will connect via Bluetooth to the myDevice for the scans.

Great, since at least two of our myDevices won't even turn on, another stops scanning after about a half-hour, and I lost track of how many just don't scan, I can see us having a problem with this.
Cause Bluetooth pairing is easy and had no room for error...bwahahaha. I can't wait.

I still occasionally find Room Essentials stuff with the old ugly green color packaging. The RFID program isn't going to be very accurate for a long time because it takes a while for old merchandise to actually sell. Usually the old stuff sits at the back of the shelf.

Maybe we should have TMs FIFO in domestics...

I still occasionally find Room Essentials stuff with the old ugly green color packaging. The RFID program isn't going to be very accurate for a long time because it takes a while for old merchandise to actually sell. Usually the old stuff sits at the back of the shelf.

Maybe we should have TMs FIFO in domestics...
I think a part of the rollout is reticketing old merchandise with new RFID tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back