———————————————————-

It's possible. I know some jobs have like an unwritten rule where if someone quits, leaves, anything to do with becoming unemployed by the company twice results in a "permaban" so to speak. That's why a lot of people who are on their 2nd run with the company are usually in for a longer run than their first. I've seen it in all of my retail jobs. I don't know if seasonal follows that same rule though since seasonal is basically the company putting out an SOS for their busiest season of the year. Actually, I'm sure they don't! When I worked at Target, we had a seasonal come back for her 4th or 5th run. She always did outstanding work though, so I can see how she would stand out from the rest. Maybe she's an exception? Who knows tbh.

The team member who locked in the bathroom for 7 hours.

@Hardlinesmaster I hereby nominate you for the title of Official Archivist of The Break Room. I don’t know how you remember or find this stuff!
Spot doesn't forget your past. Especially when we called your store about the bathroom event.
Then you want to carry a gun while working.

It’s always the little details they leave out that explains everything.

No offense but the key to getting your foot in the door is Say Anything (John Cusack reference). Open availability all minutes of all hours of all days of all nights. Anyone who says they are available ON PAPER more than you ON PAPER is worth more than you ON PAPER even through they might not be able to do a full Saturday either, other than ON PAPER. Understand?

Fact is... you'll never know what you'll never know until you get to talk to someone on the inside and in order to get inside you must be willing to promise them everything and explain any discrepancies after you're on board. Then explain to remain above board because you don't want to end up below board because that's equivalent to falling through the cracks of the boards. And don't even think about being overboard because that's crazy.

The key is to get inside. If you eliminate one of the busiest retail days (Saturday), then they have no choice but to red flag you into File 13 (trash bin reference).

No offense but the key to getting your foot in the door is Say Anything (John Cusack reference). Open availability all minutes of all hours of all days of all nights. Anyone who says they are available ON PAPER more than you ON PAPER is worth more than you ON PAPER even through they might not be able to do a full Saturday either, other than ON PAPER. Understand?

Fact is... you'll never know what you'll never know until you get to talk to someone on the inside and in order to get inside you must be willing to promise them everything and explain any discrepancies after you're on board. Then explain to remain above board because you don't want to end up below board because that's equivalent to falling through the cracks of the boards. And don't even think about being overboard because that's crazy.

The key is to get inside. If you eliminate one of the busiest retail days (Saturday), then they have no choice but to red flag you into File 13 (trash bin reference).
Application now asks if they can commit to their availability for 90 days.

Application now asks if they can commit to their availability for 90 days.
And it should, since that is the requirement. Can’t tell you how many people we hired with open availability who decided within a week that they couldn’t work closing shifts, or Saturdays, or Sundays, or whatever and on and on and on. That was the fastest way possible, except for ncns, to the leadership sh*t list and being last in line for hours...

And it should, since that is the requirement. Can’t tell you how many people we hired with open availability who decided within a week that they couldn’t work closing shifts, or Saturdays, or Sundays, or whatever and on and on and on. That was the fastest way possible, except for ncns, to the leadership sh*t list and being last in line for hours...

I hired 4 starbucks TMs in a row that pulled that crap. I let every last one of them go (only one did it after orientation). They were SHOCKED. A fifth only gets 4 hours a week but she had the sense to wait until a month in.

I hired 4 starbucks TMs in a row that pulled that crap. I let every last one of them go (only one did it after orientation). They were SHOCKED. A fifth only gets 4 hours a week but she had the sense to wait until a month in.
Yeah this one lady that got hired tried pull this. She couldn't work nights because of her kids during the weekdays and could only nights during the weekends. But I wish Tarshit would have worked with her because I hated working nights on the weekends would have gladly given them to her.

Yeah this one lady that got hired tried pull this. She couldn't work nights because of her kids during the weekdays and could only nights during the weekends. But I wish Tarshit would have worked with her because I hated working nights on the weekends would have gladly given them to her.
Idk what area you worked in but I'm much more generous with this in market. Starbucks is such a specialty skill and I can't get them trained on only weekends. I can let them refine their schedule after 90 days but before that they really need the time in the department to learn.

Idk what area you worked in but I'm much more generous with this in market. Starbucks is such a specialty skill and I can't get them trained on only weekends. I can let them refine their schedule after 90 days but before that they really need the time in the department to learn.
Food ave is where I work.

Thing is, with the shit hours Target gives, they should expect their workers will need a second job to survive. That cuts availability.

Retail is Saturday, no way around it. I never had a Saturday off in my many years at the Dog. I didn't mind it at all, I preferred a week day or two off any time. At my age, and the fact that I'm a very boring person, it suited me just fine.
Plenty of people have Saturday's off.

I had Monday and Thursday off two weeks ago. I had those same two days off last week. This week I have Monday and Saturday off. Next week I have Tuesday and Wednesday off. That's only one weekend day off in a 4 week period, so, yeah I usually work them, but I don't think anyone in my entire store has literally worked EVERY Saturday for the past year, unless they specifically work every Saturday and have every Sunday off and have a set schedule.

That said, there's no way I'd hire the OP even if he could work 24/7 for free.

Last edited:
I don't work Saturdays. I could. Just not my day in the set schedule for fulfillment openers. But that means I do work every Sunday.

Young folks socialize and go out weekends and like weekends off. Understandable, I was young once too. At my age it's exciting to trim my fingernails, fill my little pill reminder medicine holder and if I get really cranked up I'll bang out a load of laundry. Nothing like a full Friday night.

Back