Archived Have You Even Been Ratted On

Status
Not open for further replies.
And by rats. I mean people. So far i have been ratted out for....

1) pushing the line when unloading the truck becasue items feel off.
2) using a different blade
3) telling people that we are going to start coming in a 6am
4) drinking water on the floor from a bottle

Don't people have other things to do beside worring about what im doing.

Part of the list of things that got me performanced out was a safety thing caused by some displays that were in the fixture room tipping over.
I had asked if I should wrap and put them away or work on another project before the day was over.
My PTL told me to take care of the other project.
The person who tipped over the displays is a friend, she has no idea that what she did became part of my jacket.
I never told her because it would crush her.
I don't blame her at all.
If the PTL wanted me to do both he should have given me the time or done one himself.

Sometimes people say things without realizing the end results and how they will effect other people.

Unless it is an AP-related situation, I stand by the line I heard either in a movie or on TV: "Snitches get stitches."

I've been ratted out on by a cocky TM (not gonna say what for because it may reveal my identity) and got put on a final CA for safety but the other person was terminated who participated in the act with me.

I had a hot wheels collector call HQ on me cause i was "short" with a tm for standing around talking to him for 20+ minutes. i said .. "ray are you going to finish pushing that pallet after you help that guest?" apparently that meant I was mean and all my team was afraid of me... i never got in trouble lol

I had a hot wheels collector call HQ on me cause i was "short" with a tm for standing around talking to him for 20+ minutes. i said .. "ray are you going to finish pushing that pallet after you help that guest?" apparently that meant I was mean and all my team was afraid of me... i never got in trouble lol
So, how much did the guest put down on that new car? Did he lease it or buy it? Hopefully that TM was gracious enough to share his commish with you.

I have "ratted" and will continue to "rat." But only if its something that causes a safety issue or makes our jobs harder. Like when the cleaning crew lets in the morning shift, or someone is driving the wave down the aisles in grocery stockroom, or I notice someone is burning batches... Etc, etc. ad infinitum

I ratted out an ETL for lying to the STL about a promise to a tm, nothing happened to the ETL. I was eventually removed from my position because I wasn't happy. ETL was promoted but then eventually fired for gross misconduct. Karma is great!

I've been "ratted on" multiple times, a couple times for doing things when I wasn't even working! We have one tech who "rats" on EVERYONE (particularly me) so we've all learned to cover each other's asses!

The person who always rats on me skipped over the chemical aisle. Must be nice to just go. I don't feel like doing that. What would be the point on saying somethign about it. When this person is part of the GOLDEN crew. Who never does anything wrong.

So now when we go on the 1st 15min break. I sit in the training room. All by my lonesome.

I don't think I've ever been ratted on. But I have no issue bringing up things other people do, but only if it is something major. Example: improperly putting meat on my meat pulls. That's a food safety issue, obviously I'm gonna tell someone. If a TM is giving me serious attitude or other issues, I'm gonna tell someone. If you're having a bad day, it's cool. But if you keep acting like an ass repeatedly, I'm not putting up with it.

I was ratted out as an ultra-leftists and full on union supporter. So my chances of becoming an TL is dead.

My store is one of the "no earphones" stores. they use to allow them for flow. so some team members are pushing on a no truck day, we pop them in one ear. but these softlines girls keep telling on us. out tl and etl said it was a stupid rule and they really dont care unless they are told. so these girls keep telling. its really annoying. what danger am i in for wearing them in one ear while pushing/bowling/signing?

it makes no sense at all. they are just bitter old ladies

My store is one of the "no earphones" stores. they use to allow them for flow. so some team members are pushing on a no truck day, we pop them in one ear. but these softlines girls keep telling on us. out tl and etl said it was a stupid rule and they really dont care unless they are told. so these girls keep telling. its really annoying. what danger am i in for wearing them in one ear while pushing/bowling/signing?

I am a tl and our policy was no ear phones.. so i would tell tm's they werent allowed etc. id keep seeing the same people with em so i approached their tl and said hey if they are allowed then tell me cause i hate being the bad guy. "absolutely not they areet allowed" so i would continue to tell them no ear phones etc... finally i said to the etl.. im done coaching anyone on their team( for more than just earphones cell phone use etc) so he went to talk to the tl's and they admitted that they told the tms they could do this stuff just to not get caught by me.. i was like .. im so done.. you guys always want me to coach for safety etc.. never again..
my stance on the ear phone thing.... i dont care of tm's are allowed to or not.. but if one team is allowed everyone should be allowed and thats not how the store plays..
be consistent and fair.. I want to wear my headphones... i love my tunes..

I don't care about the ear phone rule, recently it was enforced on us and it had no effect on me I don't wear earphones. But a rule is a rule, you're at work for a company that pays you for your time. If you want to wear headphones find a job that allows it.

You guys are listening to music AFTER store open or before? If its before I dont see why anyone would care. If its after when the store is open NOBODY should be wearing them on the actual salesfloor but I could see backroom and some other areas being fine.

It's about liability. If some moron is wearing headphones and gets injured while working he/she could try to sue Target for not "enforcing a safe work environment." Target is very good at protecting their asses from litigation.

A few months ago some kid was pushing I market just outside the entrance to the backroom. I come out with a tub clipping along pretty good, he's halfway up the aisle and as I get to him he backs right out in front of my tub and goes flying. I hadn't noticed that he had ear buds in...he wasn't injured but that was the end of ear buds in our store

In our store, all teams before 8am are allowed to wear earbuds just so long as you're attentive and alert. If it becomes a problem then they ban one specific person from wearing them not the entire store. It became a problem for me so I'm banned. :p If I'm caught with a single bud in I'm automatically thrown on a final for safety. If you're backroom you're allowed them so long as you hear backroom calls.

We just wear earphones during ad-set on sunday mornings, our truck and replenishment teams are pretty chatty!

I usually rat if it's important or has a serious effect on things.. Example: my peer never takes apart strapped ones in 239, and I've been consistently finding bunches strapped incorrectly in the change fund and guest service registers. Constant inaccuracies like that are not acceptable and if he won't take my word for it he can take it from the higher ups. I also won't take the fall for somebody else, I have no sympathy for someone who can't take ownership of their mistakes.

Last edited:
My store went with the one earbud rule before open, none after open.
Many of the backroom guys who never went up front would wear them all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back