Archived Haven't gotten a 90 day review yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jynxille

Salty Cashier
So yeah, I've been a seasonal cashier for a little over 90 days now and I have yet to be told if they'll keep me or not. I really need this job and would love to stay on, but I'm not sure how to ask HR or the TL about this without sounding pushy or anything. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ask its not being pushy you have a life and need to know if you will have to find another source of income. I believe most store have till the end of jan to let seasonals go my store just had the talks this week tbh.

So yeah, I've been a seasonal cashier for a little over 90 days now and I have yet to be told if they'll keep me or not. I really need this job and would love to stay on, but I'm not sure how to ask HR or the TL about this without sounding pushy or anything. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!
Here is how you ask.
“Hi tl/hr as you know I was hired as a seasonal, I have learned alot during my 90 days (or however many), and I really enjoy working here. I would like to stay beyond seasonal.”

Good luck, be confident.

They haven't had the talks at my store yet, either. It's kind of strange since some seasonal TMs are looking at the newest schedule(s) and finding that they aren't being scheduled anymore without actually having been told that they're being let go.

My sister was hired seasonal in another store in our district. I told her to be proactive and talk to the tls she had been working with and let them know she wanted to stay. She did and she was kept on. This may not be the case in all stores but you need to speak up.

That is crap.
It's honestly horrible. I was on one of my 15s in the break room a few days ago and a seasonal cashier couldn't clock out for her shift, wondered why, and then was told it was because it was her last day. She hadn't been told anything beforehand, and was obviously pretty upset since she hadn't found a new job or anything since she wasn't sure if she was getting kept or not.

It's honestly horrible. I was on one of my 15s in the break room a few days ago and a seasonal cashier couldn't clock out for her shift, wondered why, and then was told it was because it was her last day. She hadn't been told anything beforehand, and was obviously pretty upset since she hadn't found a new job or anything since she wasn't sure if she was getting kept or not.

That is wrong in so many ways I can't even count them.

My sister was hired seasonal in another store in our district. I told her to be proactive and talk to the tls she had been working with and let them know she wanted to stay. She did and she was kept on. This may not be the case in all stores but you need to speak up.

This

My softlines tl only kept the ones who asked her (except the lazy ones who asked lol). Otherwise she assumed they didn't want to stay.

Last edited:

This is very sad and yet not surprising.

This is very sad and yet not surprising.

It might be painful to say it, but...

...honestly, every seasonal hire should be half-expecting the axe right now, unless specifically told otherwise by their ETL or HR.

#It'sJanuary

I never had a 90 day review. After my 90 days were up I asked the ETL that hired me when we'd hear if we were going to be kept...he said "If I were you, I wouldn't worry about it...". Needless to say, they kept me. lol

I wonder if they actually let any of the HL seasonals go at my store. My ETL said something about fewer people, but some of the most worth
It might be painful to say it, but...

...honestly, every seasonal hire should be half-expecting the axe right now, unless specifically told otherwise by their ETL or HR.

#It'sJanuary

Yabbut...when I signed the seasonal contract they said they could keep me around until April. I knew it likely wouldn't be that long, but it's not like they said "...but most of the time seasonal employment can expect to end around the first two weeks of January."

Just reading this forum, it's clear ASANTS when it comes to when they actually let the seasonals go, and when I look at the schedule it doesn't really look like they're letting many of the HL seasonal people go, so how can you assume anything?

I was let go today, I've been a good employee and loved my job. I feel awful. Do you think if tomorrow I go in and talk to them they'll change their minds? IT'll be my 3rd to last day. I was hired seasonal btw

I'm sorry to hear that! Others can weigh in, but from what I've seen your best bet is letting them know that you really enjoyed your time here and are interested in being hired back when they have more positions. And keep an eye on the website and apply for them when they come up.

Veteran TMs, if you were seasonal and not marked "don't hire again", do you need to wait 90 days to reapply?

I was let go today, I've been a good employee and loved my job. I feel awful. Do you think if tomorrow I go in and talk to them they'll change their minds? IT'll be my 3rd to last day. I was hired seasonal btw

I'm sorry to hear this sometimes good people are let go. Ask HR to give you a call if an opening comes available.

You can also set target.com to send you an alert when a position opens.

Veteran TMs, if you were seasonal and not marked "don't hire again", do you need to wait 90 days to reapply?

Yes but you can be rehired sooner, there are some HR tricks to allow this

Yabbut...when I signed the seasonal contract they said they could keep me around until April. I knew it likely wouldn't be that long, but it's not like they said "...but most of the time seasonal employment can expect to end around the first two weeks of January."

Just reading this forum, it's clear ASANTS when it comes to when they actually let the seasonals go, and when I look at the schedule it doesn't really look like they're letting many of the HL seasonal people go, so how can you assume anything?

It's just generally that stores make cuts to payroll and TMs during 1st quarter, following the holidays.

Yeah, not every store. But many, if not most.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade or anything. Good luck to all seasonals, but... also be aware, you know?

We kept very few seasonals this year. We just don't have the hours. Some of them cried and gave me a hug on their last day and told me they want to come back when we are hiring again.
Our store does the 90 day reviews now but they weren't done at my store when I was hired a couple of years ago.

I second being proactive. If you're not showing any interest in staying with the company most TLs will ignore you. Unless you're outstanding, but if you are you'll notice a difference in how TLs treat you as oppose to other seasonals.

Being proactive also applies to growing with the company as well. If you want to continue they need to know your ambition before they'll do anything.

I was never informed, nor did I ask. They just kept me. To be fair, my store is notorious for being bad about communication unless you're on friendly terms with someone.

What's a 90 day review? My store keeps you or they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back