Archived Health Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may not be right any more with the ACA. I think there is a shorter wait period that would allow you to jump on at a different time than open enrollment, but I am not sure what that is.
Last year it was 1 year. And the one year starts over after your seasonal 90 days end and you become a non seasonal employee. It restarts over because its considered a rehire Somehow.

Went online to look at this yr's offerings & so far it looks like little has changed, including cost; I noticed that vision is included at no additional cost but there's a fee for lens/glasses coverage; a few changes in the smokers' clause & steps for the health $$s.
Seemed like some changes in dental but I didn't look too closely; we gave up dental a while back & just learned to chew differently.

"Firms with a 100 or more full-time equivalent employees (FTE), and average annual wages above $250,000, will need to insure at least 70% of their full-time workers by 2015 and 95% by 2016. Small businesses with 50-99 FTE will need to start insuring full-time workers by 2016. The mandate does not apply to employers with 49 or less FTE."

Before Obama care came out it was 1 year. This is from the website Retail girl was talking about. Each store counts as its own business under the eyes of the law. Your store most likely falls under the mandate for employers under 49 full time empoyees. If your store doesnt have more than 49 full time employees the mandate doesn't apply to you, and You have to wait one year to get health insurance. Thats the way my ETL-HR explained it.

The HR team lead where I work stated to all of us that we automatically get enrolled in the benefits program. My question is how do I opt out? I'm one of them part-timers as well even though I'm available to work full-time. Me along with a bunch of other team members only get like 12 hours a week and when we ask if we can get an extra day or so we're always told that the store didn't make enough money this week so we can't give out any more hours. I'm wondering how true that really is...

The HR team lead where I work stated to all of us that we automatically get enrolled in the benefits program. My question is how do I opt out? I'm one of them part-timers as well even though I'm available to work full-time. Me along with a bunch of other team members only get like 12 hours a week and when we ask if we can get an extra day or so we're always told that the store didn't make enough money this week so we can't give out any more hours. I'm wondering how true that really is...

You don't get enrolled, you qualify.
They will send you a package.
If you don't sign up for anything, you've opted out.

You don't get enrolled, you qualify.
They will send you a package.
If you don't sign up for anything, you've opted out.
That's what I thought as well.. The way it was said to us by this hr TL was confusing.. Thank you for responding. Have a great day!!

Is united health care a PPO or HMO? I'm really interested in knowing if they would cover any out of network costs ?

PPO or HMO? Neither.
The choice is HSA (Health Savings account) or HRA (health reimbursement account).
Out-of-network costs (if approved) are usually paid out at 60% after deductible or - if deductible is unmet - applied to the deductible at the lower rate.

PPO or HMO? Neither.
The choice is HSA (Health Savings account) or HRA (health reimbursement account).
Out-of-network costs (if approved) are usually paid out at 60% after deductible or - if deductible is unmet - applied to the deductible at the lower rate.
Target needs a PPO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back