Archived Hearth & Hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year we had the TV on the Investigation Discovery channel. Hasn't been on since last year though... kind of sad. A James Bond movie marathon was on and everyone would be in the break room just watching it lol
I force them to watch news (RT or OAN) or the history channel. Today it was 'Curse of Oak Island'

I force them to watch news (RT or OAN) or the history channel. Today it was 'Curse of Oak Island'

To be honest, I haven't seen our TV's remote in a while... wonder what happened to it. In that case, I'd gladly torture everyone else while I indulge in History Channel! only if it's not one of their stupid reality shows.

To be honest, I haven't seen our TV's remote in a while... wonder what happened to it. In that case, I'd gladly torture everyone else while I indulge in History Channel! only if it's not one of their stupid reality shows.
They try to hide it. Vizio has an app for their remote so there you go.

The shocked look when the tv changes on its own is always amusing.
I was just imagining that. I want to do it when all the ETLs, STLs, and LOD are on their big break in the break room eating food. It'll be off and then all of the sudden "boop" it's on. The looks would be amazing.

no you use the VM
I'm really new to the whole vm thing... have always worked hardlines and don't really understand what this means. My TL and ETL have been no help. I'm used to researching for replenishment (former instocks), making sure capacities are correct, being able to reconcile OH, etc. This mindset obviously will not work with H & H and I really want to do this right. I've been put in HL as a "home brand tm" even though we all know there is no such thing and have been told that I own the entire domestics department. I like it a lot, sales are soaring, but it came with no instructions! I think our VML got all of the information about H & H, but I've been told that there is no direction with regard to replenishment. Our guests are clamoring for more. I was given a "booklet" with pictures and barcodes, but we don't carry all of it and it will take an entire shift to scan the entire booklet, find the items and enter counts. Am I the only one that thinks this is a thing and I should just not worry about it?

I'm really new to the whole vm thing... have always worked hardlines and don't really understand what this means. My TL and ETL have been no help. I'm used to researching for replenishment (former instocks), making sure capacities are correct, being able to reconcile OH, etc. This mindset obviously will not work with H & H and I really want to do this right. I've been put in HL as a "home brand tm" even though we all know there is no such thing and have been told that I own the entire domestics department. I like it a lot, sales are soaring, but it came with no instructions! I think our VML got all of the information about H & H, but I've been told that there is no direction with regard to replenishment. Our guests are clamoring for more. I was given a "booklet" with pictures and barcodes, but we don't carry all of it and it will take an entire shift to scan the entire booklet, find the items and enter counts. Am I the only one that thinks this is a thing and I should just not worry about it?
Oh there is direction with replenishment Its just that I believe its kinda wonky.

So far our replenishment comes is Red repacks coded 4, The Visual Merchandiser is the booklet you were given. Try (but dont go crazy) to keep it looking that way. Ours has no prices or barcodes of any kind so its hard to keep up on with the booklet so thats where you scan outs I believe. Mind you I myself have never done VM in target.

I suggest you talk to the VM-ETL and ask for pointers or VMTL Or even a A&A TM who does tables. They can explain it.

Oh and for the record, who thought to VM a full aisle or two of HL stuff also is on the time travel list. I Hope they like country.

You guys have a vizio? We have the crappiest Westinghouse in our breakroom it's such a joke.
70 in Vizio.
What happened is when the old 55 started acting up, they though it was the antenna so we went through a cycle that looped PMT until we realize the TV itself was dying. So when Electronics reset One of the display TVs became ours. Funny thing is we are the only one in our district to have satellite. The rest have tiny tvs with on air. Its funny to go into a super target breakroom see a mini tv on the wall.

We have a small Break room (its 20ft by 60ft I think ) Its on the forward wall. It is awesome.

We have some (what seems like and just might be) 24 in TV in our breakroom. It's pretty sad. That, paired with the DirecTV that skips video frames every 30 seconds or so leads to a lot of people not using the break room.

We were "Spoiled" after a good month, and got DirectTV in our Breakroom.

We all hate it, DirectTV is the worst shit ever. What use is Football, if you can only watch 15 mins of it (5 are commercials).

We were "Spoiled" after a good month, and got DirectTV in our Breakroom.

We all hate it, DirectTV is the worst shit ever. What use is Football, if you can only watch 15 mins of it (5 are commercials).
One of our old aptls removed all the "offensive" channels and the stl won't get it reset.

I normally make everyone watch food network.

No TV in our breakroom. :( We get the one they use to show the orientation dvds and that’s only a few times a year. We definitely don’t have DirecTV.

We have a 32 in Samsung with some rabbit ears that will sometimes bring a channel through clearly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back