Archived Helllpppp

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got through interview and signed offer and filled out med. history. and was drug tested and signed consent for background check. Went home and filled out tax survey online to finalize process. It’s been 3 days and no word. Do I expect phone call or email? How long usually does it take for confirmation or rejection to orientation and will they let me know either way it goes????

So I got through interview and signed offer and filled out med. history. and was drug tested and signed consent for background check. Went home and filled out tax survey online to finalize process. It’s been 3 days and no word. Do I expect phone call or email? How long usually does it take for confirmation or rejection to orientation and will they let me know either way it goes????
Call them up , ask to talk to the hr.

What should I say
By doing all the background checks , and drug test. Seems like they offered you a job. Call and say I had a interview on such date , I’ve done my drug test and filled out my survey online , what is the status on my application .

It’s been 3 days and no word. Do I expect phone call or email? How long usually does it take for confirmation or rejection to orientation and will they let me know either way it goes????

I am not familiar with the distribution center hiring process. However, if it is similar to the retail store hiring process, it would be like this:

The time it takes for HR to receive results on the background checks varies for each applicant. Some checks may clear in a day or so while some may take several weeks. First Advantage (third party) does the background checks so HR has no control over how long it takes.

HR will usually call you for orientation once your background check clears and an orientation is planned. They can also e-mail you but that is up to the HR person whether they want to utilize that method.

You will get an automated rejection e-mail if you fail your background check. HR cannot proceed with onboarding if the background check does not clear.

I recommend waiting a week. If you have not heard back after a week, call HR to follow upon the status of your background check.

Last edited:
Wait a week.

Background checks that clear take 3 to 5 days. Sometimes more if you went to a high school that no longer exists.

Not unusual at all to wait a week or two to hear back.
Especially this time of year with payroll in all areas under scrutiny, they're not in any hurry and likely scraping for training hours.

Call them up , ask to talk to the hr.
I recommend waiting a week. If you have not heard back after a week, call HR to follow upon the status of your background check.

No, no, no, no and no. Don't call, they aren't going to talk to you. Even if the operator does take your name and phone number, they are not going to call back. I've answered the phones during the terms of three HR-ETLs and they all had the same message - "Don't call us, we'll call you." All you are going to do is waste a couple of minutes of everyone's life, and if you sound rude or demanding and aggravate the operator, that's going to get passed along.

No, no, no, no and no. Don't call, they aren't going to talk to you. Even if the operator does take your name and phone number, they are not going to call back. I've answered the phones during the terms of three HR-ETLs and they all had the same message - "Don't call us, we'll call you." All you are going to do is waste a couple of minutes of everyone's life, and if you sound rude or demanding and aggravate the operator, that's going to get passed along.

ASANTS. My team didn't mind checking the status for applicants as long as they were not rude to us. We called people back as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back