Archived Hello! New to Target :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there!
After lurking for a day or two, I decided to come out of hiding and introduce myself.

I'm Amanda.
I'm a brand-new team member; today is my first day of cashier training!

I'm excited, but also super nervous... I've never worked in retail before.

Any pointers for a noob?

Greetings and salutations.
Not too much experience on register beyond basic training a few years back so my only words of advice are Illegitimi non carborundum est.

Also, this questiin is probably better suited for "I'm Lost!", but here goes nothing...

I start my training at 1:30 today, with "Katie"

Where am I supposed to go?
Do (/can) I clock in and then try to find Katie?
Or do I have to go somewhere and ask someone?
Will Katie show me how to clock in?

This probably should have been brought up in my orientation, but it was one if those things I didn't consider until just now.

And now... I have no idea what I'm supposed to do when I get there.

You can go to Guest Services or TSC and ask for the GSTL (which might be Katie).
They will show you what to do from there or direct you to the right person.

Welcome to the company and the forum!

My first day went pretty well!

It started off kind of slow, but after like two hours (I had an 8.5 hour shift), I finally got the hang of it.

I finished the day with a 94% and one redcard... is that good (or at least average) for a first-timer?

And my trainer was cracking up all night because I kept getting really weird customers.

But overall, it was a pretty good first night!

94% and a red card on your first day. Very good. Keep up the good work and welcome to the Team. Are you planning on cross training in other parts of the store? It's always a good idea to get cross trained, you get better hours that way.

Welcome, hopefully your first month went well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back