Archived Hello! past TM, prospective ETL signing in

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabria

Savor The Love
Well I've lurked here for the last month while going through the ETL hiring process.
My situation is a bit unorthodox due to my age and only having finished a 2 year degree.
My first interview gave me a lot of doubts since the guy interviewing me kept bringing up my lack of experience/young age/2 year degree when we were in the phase where I was asking questions about the company/advancement/store placement/pay/etc. However the 2nd and 3rd went fantastic and I really enjoyed talking to them. I have my 4th already tomorrow.
Anyways read all about that here in this thread which was the main reason I finally signed up to post:
Specialty - ETL 4th Final Interview - Misc Questions | The Break Room

+ this seems like a fun place if I end up getting the offer and taking it I'd be happy to stick around here for knowledge and hopefully being of some help to others.

Anyways about me. I finished my AAS in Business Administration in August after finishing two final summer classes. I work right now as a Technology Center Supervisor for Staples. I worked as a sales associate for a little over a year now as part time while in school full time and though I told them I planned to leave in December they asked me to assume this position until then so I did. I figured the management experience would be nice and the full time hours would give me something to do since I doubt I could stand to sit around at home TOO much. Basically I could of gone straight to the university I planned to in August however after busting 18credits a semester and 6-9 in summers I figured I'd take a semester break + if I move to the university which isn't super local - I wanted more time than the 2 weeks I would of had in August to get moved and settled. My initial plan was go straight for my BS in business administration and then an MS but this potential opportunity to jump into an ETL spot now is tempting. This is all stuff I also wrote in my thread I linked above haha!

Basically that's me though. My hobbies are friends, video games, animals (I have a dog and a pet goat), and I'm an avid swimmer which is probably the only reason I stay in shape because it sure isn't because of my diet/daily routines(besides swimming).

I actually do have some previous target experience though. I applied at Target the day after my birthday when I turned 16 because I had a couple friends working there at the time. I got hired as a seasonal cashier. After a month they had me exclusively working the guest service desk and occasionally sales floor. I did that for a little over a year until I went away for a month in the summer and I decided to just put in my two weeks. I did love my time as a TM though. My ETL position 'might' end up at that store again though - the DTL said she can try to get me there if I'm hired. I really enjoyed the store so I wouldn't mind it one bit!.

Anyways - happy to be here!

Well I've lurked here for the last month while going through the ETL hiring process.
My situation is a bit unorthodox due to my age and only having finished a 2 year degree.
My first interview gave me a lot of doubts since the guy interviewing me kept bringing up my lack of experience/young age/2 year degree when we were in the phase where I was asking questions about the company/advancement/store placement/pay/etc. However the 2nd and 3rd went fantastic and I really enjoyed talking to them. I have my 4th already tomorrow.
Anyways read all about that here in this thread which was the main reason I finally signed up to post:
Specialty - ETL 4th Final Interview - Misc Questions | The Break Room

+ this seems like a fun place if I end up getting the offer and taking it I'd be happy to stick around here for knowledge and hopefully being of some help to others.

Anyways about me. I finished my AAS in Business Administration in August after finishing two final summer classes. I work right now as a Technology Center Supervisor for Staples. I worked as a sales associate for a little over a year now as part time while in school full time and though I told them I planned to leave in December they asked me to assume this position until then so I did. I figured the management experience would be nice and the full time hours would give me something to do since I doubt I could stand to sit around at home TOO much. Basically I could of gone straight to the university I planned to in August however after busting 18credits a semester and 6-9 in summers I figured I'd take a semester break + if I move to the university which isn't super local - I wanted more time than the 2 weeks I would of had in August to get moved and settled. My initial plan was go straight for my BS in business administration and then an MS but this potential opportunity to jump into an ETL spot now is tempting. This is all stuff I also wrote in my thread I linked above haha!

Basically that's me though. My hobbies are friends, video games, animals (I have a dog and a pet goat), and I'm an avid swimmer which is probably the only reason I stay in shape because it sure isn't because of my diet/daily routines(besides swimming).

I actually do have some previous target experience though. I applied at Target the day after my birthday when I turned 16 because I had a couple friends working there at the time. I got hired as a seasonal cashier. After a month they had me exclusively working the guest service desk and occasionally sales floor. I did that for a little over a year until I went away for a month in the summer and I decided to just put in my two weeks. I did love my time as a TM though. My ETL position 'might' end up at that store again though - the DTL said she can try to get me there if I'm hired. I really enjoyed the store so I wouldn't mind it one bit!.

Anyways - happy to be here!
Welcome. What kind of goat? I want a goat so bad...but hubby is making me feel bad about wanting a couple chickens and a goat when all he wants are bees...

Welcome. What kind of goat? I want a goat so bad...but hubby is making me feel bad about wanting a couple chickens and a goat when all he wants are bees...
Bees?... well could be worse - could be spiders or cats. I actually dislike cats. No I don't dislike kittens, they're too cute. Cats for the most part - at least the ones I've met have been buttholes no matter how they were raised lol.

Anyways I have a pygmy goat. He's a funny loving guy. Half the time he's pretty active, other he's sleeping/cuddling. They're totally worth it, such fun pets!

Bees?... well could be worse - could be spiders or cats. I actually dislike cats. No I don't dislike kittens, they're too cute. Cats for the most part - at least the ones I've met have been buttholes no matter how they were raised lol.

Anyways I have a pygmy goat. He's a funny loving guy. Half the time he's pretty active, other he's sleeping/cuddling. They're totally worth it, such fun pets!
He hates cats. We have dogs and a parrot. But when I talked about getting bees he ran with it. You'd think they were cuddly and fun the way he gets all excited.

I want a fainting goat...so bad. But anything cute would do. I'm worried keeping just one will be bad though, and our acre isn't really big enough for two. Cause we want a bacon machine as well.

Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to The Break Room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back