Archived Help! Drowning in toy clearance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any other store getting absolutely loaded down with toy price changes and clearance pulls? I know there is usually a big toy clearance in the Summer but this around five thousand pieces of clearance. Not clue where to put it all since its way too much for end caps. Only solution is maybe for a clearance isle.

Any other store getting absolutely loaded down with toy price changes and clearance pulls? I know there is usually a big toy clearance in the Summer but this around five thousand pieces of clearance. Not clue where to put it all since its way too much for end caps. Only solution is maybe for a clearance isle.

This is pretty normal for this time of year. Clearance aisles and valleys can be a good option.

We are super heavy on clearance too. Have an entire pallet in back not ticketed yet. No room to make a clearance aisle or valley either as the summer sport/toy aisles are still plump full and there are no significant aisle changes with the upcoming transition. Someone stupidly flexed clearance EVERYWHERE in the toys aisles instead of within their respect pogs so the entire dept looks like shit and it is next to impossible to reticket what is out there and make sure you catch all of it.

We don't have a plan. Probably just going to let it sit in back until some room opens up on an endcap. Or just let it ride out until salvage....😕

So tired of seeing all the toy clearance. On Friday there were 12 pallets on one of the stockrooms and more yet to be pulled. Got through most of those pallets over the weekend. Today I priced 2 tubs and there were two more pallets to do. Of course nowhere really to put them.

we had 6 pallets two weeks ago, none of which has sold. Every toy endcap full, spots in pool and cooler aisles full, a valley in mini full. Pull tonight was 1300 pieces - no space left . Considering delaying setting the edge of BTS to throw it there for a while. Problem is no traffic in the back corner of the store may ensure it sits there unnoticed til salvage and we wasted our time detrashing and ticketing it.

goddamn tell me about it. i did price change today and i had to do the price change pulls for toys... yikes. that shit took me forever.

Last time a full toy reset happened at my store, they turned the first three panels of the toy "back" wall into a clearance zone to get it all together in one place. I think the items that normally would have been in those panels on the POG were re-tied to end caps instead.

Like I know there are new POGs coming in a month and ya gotta clearance out what’s on the isles to make room for it but does nobody think about the fact that you’re clearing an isles and expecting it to fit on an end cap???? I’ve pitched the idea of just doing a full isle or flipping all back endcaps for clearance but DBO or not, it’s not my final decision in the end. Lol ☹️

My store is trying a new idea. My SD and ETL insist on doing it this way since they don’t want to have clearance laying around.

We’re pulling everything, ticketing it, and then backstocking it. Their theory is that then it should drop with autofills as needed. I think they’re wrong lmao but I guess we’ll find out...

My store is trying a new idea. My SD and ETL insist on doing it this way since they don’t want to have clearance laying around.

We’re pulling everything, ticketing it, and then backstocking it. Their theory is that then it should drop with autofills as needed. I think they’re wrong lmao but I guess we’ll find out...
Oh wow. Bold assumption. Let us know if it works 😂

Can’t remember if clearance will drop into autofills, since it’s not supposed to be located to start with, but unless things have changed, all of that backstocked clearance will continue to drop into price change batches. If they burn the batches or re-backstock the items, the clearance items will just keep dropping in as long as they are located. 🙄

We've got loads of it too. It has a whole half an aisle and a bunch of endcaps too.

And not much of it is moving.

Like I know there are new POGs coming in a month and ya gotta clearance out what’s on the isles to make room for it but does nobody think about the fact that you’re clearing an isles and expecting it to fit on an end cap???? I’ve pitched the idea of just doing a full isle or flipping all back endcaps for clearance but DBO or not, it’s not my final decision in the end. Lol ☹

If your summer pool/toy aisles have sold down enough to condense that's where you could come up with an aisle to use for a clearance run. Attempting to use any of the toy aisles will only create more work for resetting them because not everything in an aisle goes clearance and fixtures and shelving do not have significant moves for a reset. Salesplan endcaps (front or back minus focals) should be fair game for clearance but not permanent pog endcaps. Again, these will have minimal changes for the reset and taking them down creates more work later. We've used front endcaps for clearance as long as it is either a lot of one item or all of the same brand/type of toy (all Fisher Price or all board games or all of that one watermelon slice game).

Can’t remember if clearance will drop into autofills, since it’s not supposed to be located to start with, but unless things have changed, all of that backstocked clearance will continue to drop into price change batches. If they burn the batches or re-backstock the items, the clearance items will just keep dropping in as long as they are located. 🙄
This is exactly what I told my SD. She said since they were already pulled they won’t drop into PC batches. I’m not positive if she’s wrong or not, but I know damn well that I’ve found clearance in the backroom before and it wasn’t ever pulled with my price change batches, so I honestly have no idea.
Frankly I don’t really care what happens because I leave for school in less than a month... so if it ends up all salvaging out in the Backroom, it won’t be me dealing with it.

I am amazed your store has time to pull, ticket, backstock, pull again, and push the same clearance item which in fact has no location on the sales floor. Then next week do it ALL AGAIN for that SAME item when it goes second markdown. Perfect example of a WASTE of payroll ! Methinks you will find loads of salvage in the backroom at inventory.

I am amazed your store has time to pull, ticket, backstock, pull again, and push the same clearance item which in fact has no location on the sales floor. Then next week do it ALL AGAIN for that SAME item when it goes second markdown. Perfect example of a WASTE of payroll ! Methinks you will find loads of salvage in the backroom at inventory.
My SD thinks it will be faster because we won’t just have repacks of clearance sitting in the back. NOP stuff we pushed when it’s ticketed, everything that has a home will be backstock we. But yeah... I have no fucking idea what we’re gonna do at second markdown, we’re gonna have to literally go to all those backroom locations to mark it down...
She thinks it’s going to be faster this way. I guess we will see.

Is a price change batch just items that have gone clearance? Or are there other items in there too? I want to get all my clearance marked before the next reset

This is exactly what I told my SD. She said since they were already pulled they won’t drop into PC batches. I’m not positive if she’s wrong or not, but I know damn well that I’ve found clearance in the backroom before and it wasn’t ever pulled with my price change batches, so I honestly have no idea.
Frankly I don’t really care what happens because I leave for school in less than a month... so if it ends up all salvaging out in the Backroom, it won’t be me dealing with it.
This WILL work BUT every week another price change batch will show up for the fill group and anything that is clearance in the back at the time the system "screens" the backroom will be captured in the batch

This WILL work BUT every week another price change batch will show up for the fill group and anything that is clearance in the back at the time the system "screens" the backroom will be captured in the batch
The PC batches don't follow the clearance cadence though, do they? We have price change batches dropping in on days other than the old days that those batches would drop into RF Apps, more like how the OOS batches drop in semi-randomly throughout the day.

The PC batches don't follow the clearance cadence though, do they? We have price change batches dropping in on days other than the old days that those batches would drop into RF Apps, more like how the OOS batches drop in semi-randomly throughout the day.

I've seen both happen recently. The first toy week, we didn't pull right away, so there ended up being a TOY2 54(whatever) and a TOY2 58(Whatever) the following week on the toy day

But then I've also seen like, office and beds drop in randomly because someone back stocked salvage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back