Archived Help! How can I get Sundays off? At least once in a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm backroom and have to work Sunday at 4AM and I fucking hate that! I mean I can't do shit Saturday night, like going out, movies, etc. I could work 6 days Monday to Saturday, but not Sunday, all of them except that one at least have it off once in awhile. What's a good and polite way to talk about this with my ETL-LOG? without sounding like asking too much? I mean if it was like one week Work Sunday, next week's Sunday off that would be GREAT! Or if I my shift was like later 8am or 9am I wouldn't have this problemst all.

Last edited:
Just approach the ETL about it. It's not asking too much. The ETL, in most cases, wants their TM's to be happy. Maybe you're working Sunday's all the time because you never expressed you wanted them off, while others have. Maybe you're the only one with full availability.

Again, you're not asking for too much. It's not a demand, but a polite request.

How's your availibility? I have never had a Saturday or Sunday off I didn't request because I have two other days marked as unavailable.
If your availability is open like dowork suggested bring it up with HR or your ETL, preferably with some kinda evidence you always work Sundays (I record my work schedule in my phone calender)

I changed my availability as soon as my 90 days was up to make myself unavailable on Sunday's and evenings.

It was approved because I was on Flow and we didn't take a truck on Sunday at the time.

But because my store is in a constant state of being understaffed, these days pretty much nobody is allowed to make full days unavailable unless it is for school.

That being said, if your store is well-staffed, 5 hours off on Sunday mornings shouldn't be too much to ask for.

Ok so Tomorrow is day I feel I need to talk to him, but still I'm nervous because they like me and they've been cross-training me everywhere I'm Flow, or was IDK if I'm Backroom now, but now they're training me for In-Stocks, so I don't want them to feel disappointed or something. @SFSFun yeah we also never get trucks Sunday. Truck Days are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Wednesday and Sunday (No Trucks), is rare only like when holidays and stuff like that. Usually EVERY Sunday I've been there they will ask most people to leave early just "SAVE more hours" the rest of the week, staying later a couple of days during the week, so you don't run out of your 40 hours, so because of that I feel like there's no really point for me to be there if I'm only going to be there less than 8 or 7 hours while I can do that the rest of the week starting on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back