Archived Help Identifying Cashier from a Receipt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if there is a way to find out who the cashier for a transaction was by looking at the information on a guest's receipt? I was trying to figure this out the other day when I was working at the service desk and assisting a guest with an issue that occurred during a transaction. The cashier had made a mistake and I would like to have a friendly discussion with them about it so they will not do the same thing in the future. Is their team member number located somewhere on the receipt or something? Thanks!

Does anyone know if there is a way to find out who the cashier for a transaction was by looking at the information on a guest's receipt? I was trying to figure this out the other day when I was working at the service desk and assisting a guest with an issue that occurred during a transaction. The cashier had made a mistake and I would like to have a friendly discussion with them about it so they will not do the same thing in the future. Is their team member number located somewhere on the receipt or something? Thanks!

not as a team member you can't

If you are a Team Member, you can not have a "friendly discussion" with the cashier. You are peers. It if was something major, make the GSTL or ETL aware of the issue and the will handle it.
I disagree. You certainly cannot in any way discipline them but I’ve gone over to a cashier after they said we can look up someone’s RC with their phone number. I just said “hey just FYI we can’t do that” and that was that.

you can see register number so if it JUST happened you can walk over. otherwise only GSAs and up can see who the ™ was

This. If you look at the receipt ID #, you'll see your store number, followed by another set of four digits. Those four numbers after the store number is the register number the transaction took place on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back