Archived Help!! Unrehireable...So confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm honestly so confused....

Back in 2016 I had put my two week notification in as I had become unhappy in my role as a GSA. I was working two jobs and going to school, and I had thought it best to leave target. Essentially my ETL came to me and asked me to stay on as she loved working with me. I agreed, then a week later I had turned in my two weeks again due to managements comments to me, which ended up making me feel uncomfortable and crying.

So about a week ago i had put in an application for target, as i'm moving, and was looking for a new job. Two days later i had been emailed by the HR team and they had stated that they didn't have a job to offer me at that time. I thought it was due to my entered schedule or something... two days later i noticed the same store had an opening for a GSA so i called to see if i could have an interview, the store agreed.

When i went in for the interview, i was essentially told that i had been marked un-rehirable from my previous store and had no idea why. Per the store i was interviewing at, they were curious as there was no comment regarding the reason why i was un-rehirable. So i called my old hr store, provided my past employee number and was told to call back and speak with the HR TL.

Well when i called back, she was unable to tell me any information as she was not the individual who had entered in the information regarding my leave. She stated that HR only keeps the termination paperwork for 1 yr then its disposed of. Apparently they reached out to corporate, and as there was no information provided, they couldn't tell me anything. Apparently the only way to undo it, per hr's word is to be hired at another store, but the problem is they wont take me due to the non-rehirable status, even after i left on good terms!!

is there anything i can do to change this!?! i'm so confused, and it doesn't help the HR person that filled out the paperwork and essentially been let go/ forced out.

Thank you for any information or advice :)

I'm honestly so confused....

Back in 2016 I had put my two week notification in as I had become unhappy in my role as a GSA. I was working two jobs and going to school, and I had thought it best to leave target. Essentially my ETL came to me and asked me to stay on as she loved working with me. I agreed, then a week later I had turned in my two weeks again due to managements comments to me, which ended up making me feel uncomfortable and crying.

So about a week ago i had put in an application for target, as i'm moving, and was looking for a new job. Two days later i had been emailed by the HR team and they had stated that they didn't have a job to offer me at that time. I thought it was due to my entered schedule or something... two days later i noticed the same store had an opening for a GSA so i called to see if i could have an interview, the store agreed.

When i went in for the interview, i was essentially told that i had been marked un-rehirable from my previous store and had no idea why. Per the store i was interviewing at, they were curious as there was no comment regarding the reason why i was un-rehirable. So i called my old hr store, provided my past employee number and was told to call back and speak with the HR TL.

Well when i called back, she was unable to tell me any information as she was not the individual who had entered in the information regarding my leave. She stated that HR only keeps the termination paperwork for 1 yr then its disposed of. Apparently they reached out to corporate, and as there was no information provided, they couldn't tell me anything. Apparently the only way to undo it, per hr's word is to be hired at another store, but the problem is they wont take me due to the non-rehirable status, even after i left on good terms!!

is there anything i can do to change this!?! i'm so confused, and it doesn't help the HR person that filled out the paperwork and essentially been let go/ forced out.

Thank you for any information or advice :)
You left on good terms?

Yes, i put in my two week notice, and worked my full two weeks. A few of my old coworkers verified that when i asked them if i had left on good terms. i'm so confused by this, and the fact that they had left no comment regarding why i was non rehirable

There were issues though right? All was not peachy when you left? You mentioned Management comments making you feel uncomfortable, and you crying? I have never had a job make me cry. Did you cry at work?
That could be a reason, maybe you seemed unstable and unsure at the time, putting in your two weeks, redacting it, and then putting in two weeks again.
Just a thought....

Essentially my manager decided to tell me how she didn’t want me there, and how she was already looking for my replacement. I honestly couldn’t do it anymore after those comments. I didn’t cry at the store but, I couldn’t work there without having her as my manager.

But would putting your two weeks in twice within the same month really constitute being non rehireable, I had spent three years with that store

Was this the same one who asked you to stay after you'd put in notice the first time?

The manager that asked me to stay was ETL For the sales floor, the TL HR was the one to enter the paperwork into the system

Honestly it does not sound like you left on good terms. There's so much more to that than putting in and working your 2 weeks. Re-hire status is basically meant to answer: "Would this person be an asset to the team if we were to hire them again?". It sounds like your relationship with someone in leadership was strained. Were there any conflicts with your other jobs/school? If you had attendance problems with that then it could affect your re-hire status. Were you flexible with your work schedule or were you always that person that would never come in to help with coverage issues? Obviously I can't know for sure why you're non-rehireable, but a GSA that has 'meh' performance and loyalty issues (putting in a 2 weeks, redacting it, and the putting it in again) would be a questionable re-hire at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back