Help with malicious termination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, I was terminated at my local target store for breaking policy of changing prices of items without Gstl approval.

But here's how it went, there was a bike sale, and there was a price issue, I had a team member ask a Gstl the price, and I put in the correct price, and again I say, it WAS THE CORRECT price, however, AP guy told me that it was against policy because he in his camera did not see GSTL approve it, even though he did, and so because of the fact GSTL was busy and told someone I could change the price, it meant nothing. Sadly, they waited almost 2 weeks after to do this which i figure was done on purpose so there would be little memory of the issue.

I was very good with redcards and a top performer, the first hour, yes hour, of the AP conversation was him trying to be an ******* and make it so that I changed the prices of items so that people would get red card. Although his logic makes no sense because I would have had already changed the price, and the fact there is no history of people getting redcards and me changing prices at all and all that is in the system as was shown to me.

However, because I performed teamwork at target for my and GSTL, and the customers benefit, I am being terminated and am suggested to put in a promissory note to payback the company for money i did not give people for doing my job correctly. And as I left the store, I quickly found out from a co-worker next day and days more till now that AP had leaked I was terminated for doing false red cards to give my name a bad reputation absolutely disgusting.

Is there nothing I can do to fix this issue? This is an outrage and should not be allowed.

Your AP sounds like an ass to me. Most prices changes aren't a big deal in my store (or many stores), and assuming the GSTL said the price change was alright, makes it even better for your case. Did your GSTL tell the AP it was okay? Bribing guests to get Red Cards by fraudulently changing prices is a new one to me, I highly doubt you would do that.

Last edited:
I agree with LittleJohn and it sounds like they were looking for a reason to fire you. Price changes are not a big issues at my store either in fact we are encouraged to fix the price if there is a guest issue. I don't know what you could do besides call the hotline and give them the info and see what comes out of it. I had something similar happen to me at a different store (not target and I wasn't fired but I was interrogated) and they found the person that stole the money and I waited and waited for an apology but it never came. Sometimes you have to just cut the ties.

How could your AP suggest a promissory note to "payback the company for money i did not give people for doing my job correctly" if they didn't produce evidence that you'd been taking liberty with price adjustments?
And any AP worth their salt would NOT 'leak' termination reasons for fear of a lawsuit.

I smell a troll....

This just feels like we're missing some information but if you feel like you've been treated badly you can still contact the integrity hotline.
Write up a complete and concise outline of the firing then send it to Integrity@target.com.

Hmmm... Let me look at this from an AP perspective. The reason it took two weeks for them to bring this up is because they were looking for a trend of markdowns. They obviously found enough evidence of dishonest activity to pull you for an internal interview. In order to pull someone for an internal interview it has to go through 3 levels of approval. AP won't pull someone for an interview unless we have you dead to rights no way to argue yourself out of it. Now if you hadn't been pulled for an interview and just had a seek to understand with HR and then termed I would say something is fishy but they didn't. You obviously aren't the most honest individual.

Last edited:
How could your AP suggest a promissory note to "payback the company for money i did not give people for doing my job correctly" if they didn't produce evidence that you'd been taking liberty with price adjustments?
And any AP worth their salt would NOT 'leak' termination reasons for fear of a lawsuit.

I smell a troll....

The very first message I got on my phone like 13 hours after term was "i know what happened" and tells me people got the info from higher ups, which clearly would not be possible if they did not just straight up give a reason to someone who decided to leak it all over the floor.

Hmmm... Let me look at this from an AP perspective. The reason it took two weeks for them to bring this up is because they were looking for a trend of markdowns. They obviously found enough evidence of dishonest activity to pull you for an internal interview. In order to pull someone for an internal interview it has to go through 3 levels of approval. AP won't pull someone for an interview unless we have you dead to rights no way to argue yourself out of it. Now if you hadn't been pulled for an interview and just had a seek to understand with HR and then termed I would say something is fishy but they didn't. You obviously aren't the most honest individual.

There was no trend, the whole thing was based on one day and ONE DAY only. THey spend a whole hour trying to push redcards as the reason for markdowns which WERE gstl approved and WERE the correct price, which even AP stated was true, the issue is that a lot of GStls' in my store are not primary, and I was cashier only, they knew that a length of time they would forget and they knew I did not know ther names because temp GSTLS don't wear name tags so that when customers get confused they don't address the temps.

Also it was quite easy to smash them for trying to link me for redcards, the issue was they failed that but has no footage of a GSTL coming to approve the price change, which I may remind you, all this and the termination, was for one day. Thus I was declared a liar because they claimed that no GSTL was infored because they did not see any, yet stuff like GStls saying to change prices without coming over happens all the time many times and not just with TMs. So it's BS, I want a way to fix the problem if it is possible. Who to talk to whatever.

There was no trend, the whole thing was based on one day and ONE DAY only. THey spend a whole hour trying to push redcards as the reason for markdowns which WERE gstl approved and WERE the correct price, which even AP stated was true, the issue is that a lot of GStls' in my store are not primary, and I was cashier only, they knew that a length of time they would forget and they knew I did not know ther names because temp GSTLS don't wear name tags so that when customers get confused they don't address the temps.

Also it was quite easy to smash them for trying to link me for redcards, the issue was they failed that but has no footage of a GSTL coming to approve the price change, which I may remind you, all this and the termination, was for one day. Thus I was declared a liar because they claimed that no GSTL was infored because they did not see any, yet stuff like GStls saying to change prices without coming over happens all the time many times and not just with TMs. So it's BS, I want a way to fix the problem if it is possible. Who to talk to whatever.

As commiecorvus stated, I would contact the integrity hotline. Be very, very, VERY detailed when you write up your report.

As commiecorvus stated, I would contact the integrity hotline. Be very, very, VERY detailed when you write up your report.

If I emailed them who would get it? I put my name on it but where does it go? Is my number still in the system? How does it work?

It will go to a person who does investigations for the company.
They will call or email you for further information, whichever you feel most comfortable with.
Once they interview you, they will follow up with the store.
It will take time but they will get back to you with their findings.
Good luck.

On the register or using your discount card, everything can track by your tm number by ap in multi reports. There is some details missing here.

Last edited:
Please email integrity@target.com if you feel like there is an issue. Include your name, employee number, and the information you provided us. There is absolutely nothing we can do, as this is just a forum for people to talk about things that happened at work. Feel free to PM me when your issue is resolved, and I will re-open this topic for you to followup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back