Archived Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got Hired for Seasonal Team Member, and have been working for only a month or so... I got asked to work the Pharmacy as a pharmacy tech as well, so i figured i will permanetly stay at the target store doing that? But, UNFORTUNETLY my son is Only 4 months and he was real sick last night, he wouldnt stop crying, and i could tell his body was aching so we took him to urgent care and he still isnt feeling right, so i called in at 10 am. and im suppose to go in at 4:30.... Are they going to fire me?!?! i Just dont feel right taking him to the sitter where there are other babies with no full suppot.

i was wondering what do you think would happened? i called the L.O.D. and she said if my son is sick she isnt gunna make me come in..

Your kid is the most important thing here.
Worry about the baby first and pretty sure they aren't going to fire you for that.

I got Hired for Seasonal Team Member, and have been working for only a month or so... I got asked to work the Pharmacy as a pharmacy tech as well, so i figured i will permanetly stay at the target store doing that? But, UNFORTUNETLY my son is Only 4 months and he was real sick last night, he wouldnt stop crying, and i could tell his body was aching so we took him to urgent care and he still isnt feeling right, so i called in at 10 am. and im suppose to go in at 4:30.... Are they going to fire me?!?! i Just dont feel right taking him to the sitter where there are other babies with no full suppot.

i was wondering what do you think would happened? i called the L.O.D. and she said if my son is sick she isnt gunna make me come in..

It's always risky calling off under your 90 days, especially as a seasonal team member. However, as long as you don't make a habit of it, I don't think it will have an effect on them keeping you or not. I agree with you that the fact that you are working in the pharmacy as a seasonal team member means they are probably planning on keeping you.

Let me ask you this though...When they asked you to be in the pharmacy, were you replacing a team member that had left or were you asked to train there to deal with an increased workload during 4Q (does pharmacy see an increased workload during 4Q???)? I would say the answer to this would be an important factor as to whether or not you'll stay.

It's always risky calling off under your 90 days, especially as a seasonal team member. However, as long as you don't make a habit of it, I don't think it will have an effect on them keeping you or not. I agree with you that the fact that you are working in the pharmacy as a seasonal team member means they are probably planning on keeping you.

Let me ask you this though...When they asked you to be in the pharmacy, were you replacing a team member that had left or were you asked to train there to deal with an increased workload during 4Q (does pharmacy see an increased workload during 4Q???)? I would say the answer to this would be an important factor as to whether or not you'll stay.

They first had me as a cashier at the pharmacy, than they had some girl leave so he asked if i would go get my Pharmacy Tech Trainee License. So i got that and now im training to be a pharmacy Tech.

They first had me as a cashier at the pharmacy, than they had some girl leave so he asked if i would go get my Pharmacy Tech Trainee License. So i got that and now im training to be a pharmacy Tech.

They wouldn't have put you into that kind of training if they didn't have faith that they were going to keep you. You're safe. Family always comes first :) Of course, you need to be able to take care of your family financially, so I understand why you're worried. Like I said, unless it becomes a habit, I think you'll be fine. Good luck. Hope your baby is feeling better!

Thanks everyone for the Positive responses! I feel confident that my L.O.D's have faith in me that this wont happened often!!! They seemed at ease when i called today. thanks again!

Also if you bring in proof you took your baby to urgent care they can't hold that against you.
I had someone on final for attendance she had to call in because her car was stolen she brought in paperwork to prove it and she is still employed.
Remember life work balance family before target I hope your little one is ok

As important as your job is, they should understand that family emergencies come first. Plus, you called early enough that they should've had ample time to call someone else in, so as long as you don't make a habit of it, you should be fine.

And Re: pharm tech training - I don't think they would bother with making you get the license and whatnot if they weren't serious about keeping you, so I think you've got a pretty good chance of sticking around for a while.

I hope your son is better by now,he comes first,I am sure everything will work out at the store,good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back