Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m on inbound and i’m scheduled 4am to 8 and i usually leave at my scheduled time. in 2 weeks, i’m scheduled on the weekend and i was told crappy workers are scheduled then. i’m stressing so much.

You sound young, like you still think like a high schooler young. Leave that mentality behind because the real world doesn't think that way. Workplace rumors are mostly never true (except tawdry sex, that has a decent chance of being true), cliques are counter productive, form your own opinion instead of being a sheep and forming it from third hand information, and if someone speaks ill of another coworker to you, they are likely saying the same about you.

You sound young, like you still think like a high schooler young. Leave that mentality behind because the real world doesn't think that way. Workplace rumors are mostly never true (except tawdry sex, that has a decent chance of being true), cliques are counter productive, form your own opinion instead of being a sheep and forming it from third hand information, and if someone speaks ill of another coworker to you, they are likely saying the same about you.
does this make me a bad worker? i’m 19

Weekends are meant for everyone. Unless they are the receiver or PML, of course. Weekends are the busiest times with the most guest traffic and most work to be completed. That’s when All Stars are used. Lazy TMs are meant for Tuesday afternoons when nothing is happening. Consider yourself a good worker who has proven they can handle some hustle!

Yeah it does. It means that you dont have a mature outlook on business and professional respinsibilities.

disgraced.gif

Okay, I've tried to matter of factly explain that developing teenagers think differently than mature adults, and therefore the immature social thinking is counterproductive in a workplace. I tried to give you some wisdom to help you.

But you seem to be contrary on purpose to everyone on this thread. So it's either a game or you are far too immature to be trying to navigate the adult world, ie hold a job.

Damn why y'all so salty? This person is young and has anxiety issues, maybe a little tolerance would help?

Kitty, just go to work and do the best you can, it's all any of us can do. Dealing with chronic anxiety sounds rough but take care of yourself and seek out help from others, no shame in that. Don't let workplace gossip get you down, I've found that most of it is nonsense anyway.

Last edited:
@happygoth, I offered some good advice in post #8. Other people have also given wisdom. And the OP has responded to all of it with snark and insult and acting spoiled.

I don't think it's anxiety. Yes immaturity, but deliberate refusal to grow, not just being young. Or it's a teenager game, to get one over on the adults.

Post #4, #5, #9.

Imagine if it were your own kid saying all this. Me, I'd be (and have been) a great deal more blunt.

They just look like questions to me. Like they want a bit more elaboration. Now, if someone answered in more detail and then the OP came back with the same question again, I think we would be on the same page, lol.

Imagine if it were your own kid saying all this. Me, I'd be (and have been) a great deal more blunt.
I have teenagers at home and work in a college town. I’m constantly around “kids” and I have heard them ask all of these questions. I have more patience than a saint tho and I’ll answer them every time, rarely losing my cool. OP doesn’t sound like they’re up to any game, just an ordinary kid who can’t see the gallon of milk right in front of their face when they open the refrigerator. 🤷‍♀️

@kittykat99 you’re going to do just fine this weekend! You said you work 4a-8a so I’m guessing you’re somewhere on the Inbound team? How long have you had this job and how is it your first Saturday shift? At most stores new hires work the weekends so the TMs that have been there for a while can get weekend time off.

You guys are fucking rude. I’ve been diagnosed bipolar and chronic anxiety. I want to do well at work. I care about the fucking job. All I asked was if I being scheduled on the weekend, was a bad thing because my coworker told me that!! i’m just seeking some damn advice from fellow target workers. My coworker said bad workers are scheduled on the weekend because they don’t stay later to help and they leave at their scheduled time. Y’all are turning this into something else. For those who understand where i’m coming from, THANK YOU. Oh, and I’ve been here since January on remodel and I was KEPT ON AFTER SEASONAL. They put me on inbound. Fucking assholes y’all are being.

They kept very few people after seasonal. So if that doesn’t fucking tell you something, then I don’t know what does. Literally I’m just asking if being scheduled on the weekend meant you’re a bad worker. I don’t have a problem working that time. IM JUST WORRIED IS ALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back