Archived Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our ETL-RX informed us today that our DTL-RX & HIS boss (RTL?) are coming for a "visit" tomorrow and we should ALL be prepared to answer questions as to "being brand" and "diversity" in the pharmacy. At least, that's what I think the email said...I didn't really get to see it :( It implied that these things in pharmacy are somehow different??? Other than observing HIPAA laws, I'm at a TOTAL loss. Any ideas on what to say if I'm questioned on these? I've never been present at one of these "visits" before???

Oh, and she is COMPLETELY :blowup: about this. Are these REALLY such a major deal??

"Brand" I could see as being crucial - knowing best practices, critical points during the processes.
"Diversity" I could only see as to respecting someone's beliefs for declining to fill a Rx because of "moral objections" (ie: contraceptives) & being able to step up to complete the Rx for the guest.

Know this too:
F - fairness
A - accountability
R - recognition
Along with knowing your store mission.
Be in stock - always in stock
Fun, fast, & friendly - great service, redcards, surveys, rx rewards
Great looking store - presentation, cleanness, FIFO
Drive sales - know your sales
I forgot the rest.
You can find your store mission on workbench under your core roles. I am closing tonight, so I can't look it up, right now.

this might help to:

The Es and Leadership Dimensions
your role with regards to assessing and managing team member performance and future potential should be guided by the Es of Excellence. They are:
Es of Excellence Leadership Dimensions

Energy

Courageous; strong bias for action; a drive for speed; will do whatever it takes to get the job done.

Demonstrate Accountability

Takes responsibility for his or her performance; honestly assesses him or herself; understands strengths and developmental opportunities; solicits, is open to, and uses performance feedback; is resilient; learns from mistakes; is curious; seeks new ideas and experiences is committed to learning and development; models “speed is life;” does what it takes to get the job done while managing own personal work/life balance.

Demonstrate Courage

Exhibits self-confidence and asserts him/herself appropriately to advocate a point of view; is willing to ask thought provoking questions and state an unpopular/differing opinion; challenges upward; takes risks; is willing to accept challenging assignments; accepts personal responsibility; approaches conflict proactively; addresses team member issues quickly and takes action; shares perceptions, observations and feedback openly; willing to challenge any potential ethical issue.

Enthusiasm

Enthusiastic attitude for maximizing organizational
potential; able to motivate and inspire others; challenges to
ensure every team member contributes.

Communicate Effectively

Presents a clear, consistent vision; provides the timely information people need to do their jobs; maintains confidentiality appropriately; listens actively; encourages others’ input and ideas and values differing perspectives; correctly restates the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees; effectively customizes and presents his/her message to a variety of audiences; thinks and responds promptly and without hesitation; writes clearly and succinctly; conveys excitement and belief in projects and company initiatives.

Maximize Relationships

Is approachable and considerate; shows respect for people of all backgrounds; values diversity and promotes inclusion; treats people fairly; shares vision and reasons behind initiatives; inspires people to be their best; obtains commitment, not compliance; recognizes and gives credit to others; gives sincere praise often; listens with empathy; is team focused; takes partners; works towards collaboration; negotiates solutions that benefit all individuals involved; builds a network of resources across multiple pyramids and/or functions; is someone people like working for and with and builds the kind of team people want to be on; teaches others key skills and processes and shares best practices.

Build Trust

Creates an environment of trust; tells the truth in a direct and constructive manner; encourages candor in others; actions are consistent with words; shows accountability and credibility by following through on commitments; admits and learns from mistakes; does not misrepresent him/herself or others for personal gain or protection; demonstrates integrity; maintains confidentiality; is sincere and shares appropriate personal information; practices ethical decision making and encourages the same in others.

Manage Talent

Models talent management and challenges others to do the same; actively and enthusiastically recruits talent; hires/promotes/places talented people based on all information available in assessments, interviews, resumes and performance history; accurately assesses others’ performance and potential; gives responsibility, authority and autonomy in the right amount to match peoples’ developmental priority; develops others through on-the-job experiences; leads team members and courageously provides timely, relevant feedback; connects/provides resources for continued growth; holds others accountable; takes action where performance is not meeting expectations; facilitates developmental relationships; maximizes training experiences; develops peoples’ self-confidence; gives visibility and recognition; actively and enthusiastically retains valuable team members; develops fully engaged teams; proactively and intentionally uses tools and resources to build plans for assessing, staffing, developing and retaining talent.

Execution

Prioritizes; focuses on the things that are important; follows best practices; creative where appropriate; gets things done.

Think Critically

Develops broad knowledge; stays current with information about the business, the guest, the competition and global trends; can quickly assess what will help/hinder achieving a goal; is future-oriented; identifies key information and institutionalizes knowledge regarding that information; asks questions and locates/probes all useful sources of information; identifies and uses appropriate corporate tools and resources to analyze and synthesize data; develops balanced perspectives; looks beyond the obvious for underlying patterns; challenges assumptions; bases decisions on the right mixture of data and analysis as well as wisdom and experience; anticipates the outcomes of a single decision; poses different future possibilities; makes connections among previously unrelated ideas and looks beyond the first "right" answer; focuses on what's important.

Manage Execution

Has a strong action orientation; values and uses his/her time and the time of others effectively and efficiently; sets objectives; develops accurate timing and action plans; organizes information, resources, activities and people to get things done; delegates both routine and important tasks; establishes clear directions; sets appropriate measures and monitors progress and results; can handle multiple tasks at one time; anticipates potential obstacles and addresses them appropriately; makes tough decisions in a timely manner; takes charge in a crisis; drives efficiencies with processes, teams and guests; effectively maneuvers through complex situations; gets results.

Drive Change

Approaches new strategies and assignments with a positive attitude; demonstrates flexibility in changing interpersonal behaviors; adapts quickly; is comfortable with ambiguity; makes decisions and takes action without having all the information; generates new ideas and seeks the ideas of others; uses good judgment about which ideas and suggestions will work and moves those ideas forward; is innovative and implements ideas to improve performance and solve problems; strategies and implements change; shares the reasons for decisions and changes; can be both firm and compassionate in leading team members through change; uses trends to maximize competitive advantage.

Excellence

Delivers great results; provides a superior Target Brand experience to both guests and team members; the product of energy, enthusiasm and execution.

Brand Management

The Es of Excellence are Target’s Expectation of Leaders
The Leadership Dimensions are the specific skills that define each of the Es. The Es of Excellence are shorthand for discussing overall team member potential and performance. The Leadership Dimensions provide the specific language for team members to use when creating individual development plans. With the Es of Excellence and the Leadership Dimensions, we have the complete package for performance management.

Last edited:
You can find your store mission on workbench under your core roles. I am closing tonight, so I can't look it up, right now.

Thanks for all the help...next question...I don't suppose there's any way to access this from home, is there? :(

No. But go in a few minutes early. Go to tsc, access workbench from there. If anyone asks what you are doing there, just say I am using ehr for a day off.

Good luck!

Thanks! I could probably snag my training folder too...all the info should be in there as well and it's probably still in the file ;)

/me gives Hardlinesmaster and redeye a round of applause and a GTC. Good job guys.

All went well...I wasn't asked anything :p As a pharmacy overall, we have "nothing to improve on" and had "no dings against us" as the ETL-RX put it...they were quite impressed and our ETL & STL were pleased to say the least:thumbsup:

btw, I DID manage to snag my training folder before my shift and review "best practices" (which I "follow", but don't know that I could recite chapter and verse if you asked me)...interestingly enough, I also found the folder of the person who started BEFORE me...a YEAR before me LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back