Archived Hey All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there! I've been with Target for a little over a year now and mostly do backroom day(CAF) along with other things. I started in hard lines on the salesfloor before I was eventually cross trained in softlines before getting in the back room. Unfortunately doing CAF's is getting a bit dull... I enjoy it, don't get me wrong and it keeps me busy and I feel that everyone at my store likes me but I'd like to go TL but I just don't see that happening at my store.

Heh, sorry my introduction was a bit long. I definitely enjoy the insight that I find here it and if often gives me ideas of my own to suggest to my superiors.

I hope to be helpful to the community here. Nice to join you all.

Welcome to The Break Room!

If you're getting sick of pulling CAFs and don't want to go back to zoning, re-shop, and back-up cashing, look into cross-training in more workcenters. Try out Electronics, Guest Service, Pricing, Instocks, Plano, P-Fresh (if your store has it), or even Signing or Bike Assembly. If you want to stay on the logistics side and your availability allows, Flow might work. Or ask about getting cross-trained in Receiving/Reverse. You never know when your receiver is gonna take a vacation or have to go on LOA.

Thanks for the welcome!

Fortunately for me, I have seen a good amount of Spot. I do Instocks when they need me to, I do electronics when they need me to. Heck, I even did Plano(POG) a few times. Not to mention bike assembly. Signing, Pricing and guest service are the only things I don't really know. Other than that, I've been in most all the play areas Spot has to offer. Because of the fact that I CAF five days a week and no other back room TM has the availability or whatever else and I feel it's why I need a new challenge. I will often ask my closing LOD if they need anything else done because I can easily manage myself most nights. And with my most recent CAF partner leaving for a new job they can't afford to put me anywhere else.

Last edited:
Welcome... And get cross trained in receiving! It's an awesome position ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back