Archived Hey Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright well introductions, here goes...

Hey everyone! I joined the red and khaki army in November of 2012 as holiday help in my store's electronics department. Target is my first job (I just turned 16 in September) and I really like my store. I know there's good stores and bad ones but I think I landed a good one. All of our ETL's and TL's are friendly and understanding and all the other TM's are great and fun to talk to. Maybe fun is a strong word for work but it's always pretty great when we reach certain amounts of redcards in a day and the ETL's have to do something like hula hoop, try a cart wheel, ride a ripstick once around the race track and even once two male TL's had to put on dresses! Anyways, I won't claim my store is the best because I've never worked at another but based on the reports from people who have transferred or temporarily helped at another location the environment at our Super Target is a cut above the rest.

Anyhow, back to me. I guess I must have been doing a good job because after the holidays they asked if I'd like to stay on. Now I work about 20 hours a week. I usually work 2 or 3 weeknights closing out electronics and then a weekend shift (working on sales floor, usually zoning grocery). Overall Target so far has been a great first job and I have no plans to leave anytime soon!

Wow..our store won't hire minors anymore because of the restrictions in their hours.

Wow..our store won't hire minors anymore because of the restrictions in their hours.

Really? That's interesting. We have 3 (including myself), actually it was 4 as of a few months ago. One guy turned 18 in late November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back