Archived Hey (just some warnings regarding my behavior)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am marcus903 and I see that I'm already off to a bad start:

Here is just some quick clarifications regarding my behavior:
1. I am 17 years old and have terrible grammer.
2. I may ask or post some illogical questions or threads (I am interested in becoming a target employee)
3. I am austistic and have some social disabilities.

Just giving you guys the heads up so I won't have to become argumentive about my behavior!

Thanks.

A - "Helloooo"
Hello.gif

1. - Being 17 is no excuse - The fact you are warning us --- shows some machurty -- and I type like I think and talk -- so there --

2. - How ya gonna learn if you don't ask ?

3. - No excuse -- just do your best -- every day --

Greetings and salutations.

We have an TM at our store who is autistic, though not a minor.
I'm sure the folks here will be happy to let you know when you've stepped over the line, politely the first time.

Welcome to The Break Room! Thank you for sharing so much about yourself - if nothing else, it helps us to help you.

One thing to know about Target, that I am extremely proud of, is that they are very inclusive to all backgrounds and disabilities. At least from my experience.

I have a moderate speech impediment that can make life very hard some times. I have many gay and lesbian friends that work with me. My best cart attendant has downs syndrome. We have people of different nationalities, who some still struggle with English, working at my store while they attend school. A guy on our flow team has aspergers, although I know that its no longer considered to be a part of the autism spectrum.

We come from ALL walks of life. This is one thing corporate got extremely right. Diversity is a major key to our success.

Welcome, Marcus903. You answered my query from another thread.
We'll answer what we can but remember than some things can't be posted because of corporate privacy laws. One of the guys who created this forum was sued by Target when confidential info was posted on here so, if something isn't posted or a question not answered, it's not because we WON'T answer but because we CAN'T.
Hope you enjoy the ride.

1. Age isn't important. There are many here, and at Target, who aren't fluent in English. So, don't worry about it.
2. Just post, even if you think they are illogical or not. So, again, don't worry about it.
3. There's an autistic cart attendant who has been with the store for, I think, 20 years? And there are a few at Target with mental issues. In fact, but I can't confirm it, but I think there was a team lead with a mild case of a mental disability.

Welcome! Enjoy the all the fun we bring.

Welcome, Marcus903. You answered my query from another thread.
We'll answer what we can but remember than some things can't be posted because of corporate privacy laws. One of the guys who created this forum was sued by Target when confidential info was posted on here so, if something isn't posted or a question not answered, it's not because we WON'T answer but because we CAN'T.
Hope you enjoy the ride.

Got any old links to this? Im interested in where this lawsuit went.

Got any old links to this? Im interested in where this lawsuit went.

It died with the old forum.
Scram was the point man on that one. He lost & paid a fine so folks are pretty tight on self-policing. Some confidential items that posted a while back were yanked pretty quick because we DON'T want Scram or Formina to pay for the stupid mistake of others.

My boyfriend has mild autism. He's technically classified as PDD-NOS... which you probably know means he's somewhere on the autism spectrum, but he doesn't fit into any category perfectly. I love that you were brave enough to make this post to let everyone know about yourself, and I understand why you did it too. My boyfriend is very often misunderstood by people who either do not know of his disability (as much as I don't like that word), or don't know what it means. Sometimes he comes off as rude, or inappropriate, when really what he's doing/saying makes complete logical sense in his head. I wish he could walk around with a sign saying "I'm not trying to act goofy, I'm not rude, and I'm not being lazy or distracted! I just function differently than you!!".

Anyways, before I set off on a tangent..
welcome!

Welcome to our forums. I agree with Crohl about how Target includes all backgrounds & disabilities. Several months ago we hired someone who was deaf. She is able to read lips & knows ASL. As to asking questions, I've often heard the only stupid questions are the ones not asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back