Archived hey team, can i get a quick update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tell me what has changed in target over the last 3 years. what is the terminology like? how has the work environment responded to target's failings like target canada, the data breaches etc?

is there still a terrible problem with new hire etls?

is there a pukey euphemism for everything in the workplace still?

do they still lie to employeesd about promotions?

I saw this on TV...someone calls a "code black" and every team member rushs to a area to deter a theft. For example AP sees someone concealing they say "code black to A22" every team member on the sales floor rushs to A22 to provide guest service.

I saw this on TV...someone calls a "code black" and every team member rushs to a area to deter a theft. For example AP sees someone concealing they say "code black to A22" every team member on the sales floor rushs to A22 to provide guest service.

That would not fly at my store.

I can just see the lawsuits coming if the person happens to be black.

I caught a guy trying to steal and let the lod know and a bunch of tms started asking him if he needed any help. Never heard a code but it was hilarious he ran out of the store

I heard a shoplifters hit a team member with a stun gun. That is scary. We have been told we would be fired for approaching a thief.

We've been warned off of it 1) for our own safety and 2) it would be illegal to ask to check a purse or under a coat to see if anything was hidden without actually seeing a theft occur. Working at the fitting room, we frequently see guests come out of it with less clothing than when they went in. But we're told we absolutely cannot make any accusations. For that matter even the TLOD can't do much except, as he put it, make the guest feel really uncomfortable. We've had a couple of women who we think are stealing Ladies C-9 left and right, then returning it, claiming they lost the receipt. Gift cards are handed out then two days later, the women reappear to do it all over again. Our Guest Services folks are pretty sure they've seen people just walk right out of the store wearing new merchandise that wasn't paid for but, again, were powerless to do or say anything without actually having seen the guest first put on the item.

Any TM can approach a shoplifter to offer guest service, provided the shoplifter isn't displaying a weapon of some sort. It's how a lot of stores that have thin AP coverage get merchandise recoveries. You can't accuse them of stealing, but you can make them feel extremely uncomfortable. There's times where I will ask multiple TMs to offer guest service to a subject, one after another. They usually get the hint.

We do that, too. Some people do get the hint. I've dealt with a few that persist, even when you stalk them. It took a cop in the store coming up with me when I offered to help before one took off. The sad thing was that she had 2 kids with her and was very obviously using the kids to create a distraction.

I heard a shoplifters hit a team member with a stun gun. That is scary. We have been told we would be fired for approaching a thief.
I saw that, Christmas Eve too. :/ I've heard of people running around with box cutters, knives and this one lady had a sword under her dress. Honestly if I hadn't seen it I would think a TM was pulling my leg.

PDA's have been discontinued and team members now use iPods called myDevices

Spot no longer drug tests

Tons of consolidation. Most ETL positions have been combined. Most TL positions have been combined.

Payroll has been cut down to below bare minimum

Spot still doesn't know what to do with the In-Stocks team.

We now have pfresh area in most stores, lots of produce, meat, yogurt, milk, but still staff the food like a retail store, some times no one scheduled.

The FDC trucks delivers the pallets and the small team pushes the food to the floor always past safety standard times for food that has to be kept at a certain temperature.

The freezer hardly ever gets back stocked.

No more freshness Fridays, who has time for that.

Expired food and moldy produce sits on the shelf for weeks.

Shoplifter + stun gun = armed robbery

Shoplifters would have to be really stupid or really crazy to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back