Archived Hiring Process?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was recently hired as a seasonal hardliner, but I was curious about the hiring process...
I applied online, and about 2 days later I received a call from someone telling me the hiring process is different this year, and they asked to set up a phone interview. I did the phone interview, and she told me to speak slowly that she was typing up my responses for someone else to read. At the end of the interview she set up a normal interview for the next day, this time I talked to someone else, and they told me to speak slowly that they were typing up my responses for someone else to read, again. At the end of the interview, she asked f I had any questions, I asked when should I find out if i was hired... She then told me to hold on, and she took me to the women who conducted my phone interview, and nothing was exchanged, but I was offered the job.

I don't understand why they were typing up my responses, and they made it seem like they couldn't make any decisions until this 'person' read my responses, but no one ever read them

I know I am obsessing over something small, but I am genuinely interested in how the hiring process works.

yea this year is alot different, this is how my store does it now. before they just called you for a interview, you went in and had two interviews and they would hire you that day and you would go take the drug test. when i did my interview, they were writing down my answers... they do it to everyone, i wouldnt trip about it. i asked my ETL HR about it and they said they want to be sure to hire the best of the best, so if you made it through this new interview process, kudos to you !

yea this year is alot different, this is how my store does it now. before they just called you for a interview, you went in and had two interviews and they would hire you that day and you would go take the drug test. when i did my interview, they were writing down my answers... they do it to everyone, i wouldnt trip about it. i asked my ETL HR about it and they said they want to be sure to hire the best of the best, so if you made it through this new interview process, kudos to you !

99.9% chance they are typing up answers now for legal reasons - to cover their ass in case anyone tries to sue for discrimination or anything of the kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back