Archived Hitting your fifth

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's five hours here, Target not state law. I have hit it a couple times a year since I started. Normally because it's quite far from the backroom to tsc and a guest always grabs me.
You're backroom doesn't have a timeclock?

I know all the stores in my district do, even our ancient, dinky little ULTRA ultra low volume store has two timeclocks.

Ours didn't.
It sure would have made things nice to be able to clock out from the back and not have to worry about getting snagged by customers.

Our new to our store LOD was nervous the first night he closed with me because the night before he had someone go into compliance. I told him to relax, I was on it, and I had never let anyone go into compliance and I wasn't about to start then. He did relax some, and it was good.

The next night we closed together, I had a cashier scheduled to work 5:30 to 10pm (generally works out to 10:05 for the last guests). We're a five hour state, so that's normal. Anyway, unbeknownst to me, the cashier (who was quite new) came in early, so he had her clock in at 5pm and didn't tell me (I was off covering guest services at the time). At 9:45pm, I got an alert on my PDA that she was about to go into compliance. What the what?!

So I asked around, found out what he did, and sent her to clock out at 9:55pm. So my closing LOD, whom I then told cannot punch my cashiers in early without telling me so I can fix breaks and lunches accordingly, ended up being my closing cashier for the last 10 to 15 minutes.

I was NOT happy. I will keep my front end out of compliance. I will work it down to a science and be sure that if anyone has to get close to that 5 hour mark, it will be me so I know to drop everything and run to the time clock if need be. But the LODs have got to work with me...otherwise they'll be answering for their lack of communication...not me.

No time clock in the backroom for us either. I spend all day waking from the front of the store to the back, whether in market or down the main racetrack.

Very strict on fifth hour compliance in my store in CA. I've seen a few good TMs and some TLs termed. I hit my fifth once and two days later I was written up. They were very clear about the seriousness of fifth hour compliance.

My store has been trying to reward us for going a month without. I think they gave up.

They had our goal at one week to get popcorn. And it took us two months to do it. And I don't think it ever happened again.

Well it's been over a week and no one has said anything. I don't know if it's because I immediately filled out the punch correction or because our HR was on vacation and the clerks fixed it because they didn't know any better. Ah well.. on to the next topic of stress at Target.

This is such a stupid question, but by fifth you y'all mean 5th hour straight of working without lunch/break?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back