Archived Holidays are here! *internal screams*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reported from flow team at my store, today's truck contained the first batch of Christmas/holiday items.

readImage

My stl has already started talking to people about holiday hours. He said be prepared for a midnight close on Christmas Eve and to be open to working split shifts this holiday season. I don't know if the midnight close thing is accurate; my stl seems to be misinformed about a lot of things. Save me, employment God's - I just want out!!!

We've already cleared out racks for extra Q4 freight and are expecting trim-a-tree and some TR freight to drop any day now...

Ah, yes. I was reminded of this when I walked in the backroom to discover multiple pallets of christmas seasonal product tactically placed in the fire isle. I actually do enjoy Q4, though.

I've had two pallets for the back wall behind Halloween for almost a month now..and guests asking for lights every week all dang year.

Already reports from Headquarters tell us the days grow shorter. The Team Leads are always right eventually - winter is coming. This one will be long, and dark things will come with it. The store teams are the only thing standing between the sales floor and what lies beyond, and it has become an army of undisciplined boys and tired old men. There is less payroll now; we can't man the other areas on the Floor. We can't properly help the guests. We've barely enough resources to keep our own lads equipped and scheduled.

Already reports from Headquarters tell us the days grow shorter. The Team Leads are always right eventually - winter is coming. This one will be long, and dark things will come with it. The store teams are the only thing standing between the sales floor and what lies beyond, and it has become an army of undisciplined boys and tired old men. There is less payroll now; we can't man the other areas on the Floor. We can't properly help the guests. We've barely enough resources to keep our own lads equipped and scheduled.

"Wildling invasion at Castle Black. Service level exceeded. Who is responding?"

Set up some christmas displays today, my halloween sign kept getting in the way just for spite.

Never before have so many come together, from all corners of the retail sector, but never before have we faced an enemy such as this. the Guests will show us no mercy, we must show them the Vibe. They will advance until our last endcap falls but we will not fall.... we will prevail. Each of us will be defined by our actions in the coming battles. Stand Fast, Stand Strong, Stand Together. keelah se'lai

well it has started! we have holiday napkins plates... ect. oh and Happy Rosh Hashanah to my fellow Jewish Team members!

well it has started! we have holiday napkins plates... ect. oh and Happy Rosh Hashanah to my fellow Jewish Team members!
My tm who does signing saw mensch on a bench out back...can't wait to see all the risque pics of elves and menschs (not sure on the plush here) interacting....

We started season hiring too. :( 20 each for cashiers, salesfloor, and flow. FML.
Apparently we can't hire flow TMs worth a damn. Probably because nobody knows what the hell it is. And signs at the entrance advertising openings in "Merchandising (Flow)" (or is it the other way around?) probably don't help.

When people ask me if we are hiring, and it's for flow, I simply say we are hiring for our early morning stocking team. Half of them run away screaming right then and there. For those brave enough to apply, I tell them they are looking for flow team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back