Archived Home/Car Buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything that would help in buying a home or a car in our benefits? I can only think of two ways. One is through the discount site. And the other is having an account in Target Credit Union. Can anyone advice me please? Thank you.

Like an actual car and home or auto and home insurance?

Nothing besides what's on the discount site.

You can buy cars at a discount with Target? huh, you learn new things every day.

Well, I'm not much of a house guy but there's plenty of car people here, myself included. Shoot any of us a PM if you need any help or info on a car. As for the actual buying process... I can't help with that, sorry :*(

Is there anything that would help in buying a home or a car in our benefits? I can only think of two ways. One is through the discount site. And the other is having an account in Target Credit Union. Can anyone advice me please? Thank you.

Hey so I looked at Benefits hub at Target Pay and Benefits website, apparently you can get cars for a certain amount of $$$ off the total MSRP, you just have to select which brand and car you want. it looks like it's mostly all online so any haggling/dealing opportunities are probably out of the door. But they do offer local inventory searches for nearby dealers, you'd have to try it out yourself. I did a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo build for the fun of it and it gave me a bunch of options.

Thank you. Yeah, I got the same with home buying. 2 of my coworkers and I are wondering about it. Each of us wanting to buy a home.

I think it depends on the area? Those two are TLs. And they're not the only ones to be paying. I think their spouses are going to help. I was thinking more of a loan. I know there's a loan available through 401k. I'm just on research mode at this point.

At $11.25 I'm making 33k a year if I work full time, definitely hard though since not even TLs are guaranteed 40 hours, but they get 32 at least.

You can buy cars at a discount with Target? huh, you learn new things every day.

Well, I'm not much of a house guy but there's plenty of car people here, myself included. Shoot any of us a PM if you need any help or info on a car. As for the actual buying process... I can't help with that, sorry :*(

I can tell you what not to do when buying a car :D You know never first year release did that twice, never a modified car - did that twice. Never a high mileage car/truck - did that three times.

If you can turn a wrench you can push those limits a lot harder, if not? Keep it conservative and go for something that has a solid rep and anyone can work on.

My best advice for actually buying a car - they need to sell one, you never need to buy one. Even if you need one desperately there is another dealer, seller who will treat you right..

For buying a house, do you homework and know what you have to do, what money you need to get together - this means what loan type you are looking at, what loan insurance you will or not need to carry, what your credit needs to look like, what area you are looking at - this will tell you a clue about how much cash you need. Start with your bank, just ask for a Q&A what is process and what steps do I need to do. And you can go through what I mentioned above.

It took us about five years to stack the cash, and we got lucky and didn't actually look that long for a house before we found one and since we already had our act together it didn't take long to get the purchase done.. It also helped one my car club friends was a real estate agent, so he did our bidding - for a discounted fee.

At $11.25 I'm making 33k a year if I work full time, definitely hard though since not even TLs are guaranteed 40 hours, but they get 32 at least.
We spent 70k on our home, on hubby credit alone when making 13 and change an hour. Mortgage is under $500 a month. We got lucky on the price, but the house is a piece of crap for the most part.

I bought a house this year. I would recommend finding a local credit union. They generally have the lowest interest rates.

You will want to save for a down payment obviously. If you put down less than 20 percent you have to pay what's called mortgage insurance (something to protect the lender in case you don't make your payments)

If you are willing to stay 5-10 years buying is a good investment. If you move around a lot or are a bit unstable it's not advised. After taxes, commissions on a sale you lose a lot of money even if the house appreciates.

One more thing. Do not quit your job until you close on your house. We had a team member have an offer accepted for a condo. He quit his job. The bank called to verify he still worked at Target. Nope. Not sure what happened to him but stable employment will always help you in the home buying process.

I bought a house this year. I would recommend finding a local credit union. They generally have the lowest interest rates.

You will want to save for a down payment obviously. If you put down less than 20 percent you have to pay what's called mortgage insurance (something to protect the lender in case you don't make your payments)

If you are willing to stay 5-10 years buying is a good investment. If you move around a lot or are a bit unstable it's not advised. After taxes, commissions on a sale you lose a lot of money even if the house appreciates.
My buyers agent made over 2k on my 70k sale. Sellers made almost double. It made me sick.

Ouch mental math CAn we get backup for the Checklanes as I line up to get in TTGOz lane hope to get a win fall of cash back.

It's time for the lotto at TTGOz's lane! See how much cash you get back because he can't do simple math! But seriously it's not that bad lol

Especially with the rise of Redfin and Zillow. You're hiring an agent simply to do the paper work.
Our real estate agent is a friend of the family and blind. So we had to pick her up and drop her back off half the time too. Plus put in the door codes.

Im almost certain dealing with her cost us the duplex we really wanted that was a foreclosure.

Especially with the rise of Redfin and Zillow. You're hiring an agent simply to do the paper work.
When I was looking for a house last year, I found the real estate sites to be about a week or more behind the MLS listings. As soon as houses posted to the sites, they were already under contract. My now house I put in a bid on its 2nd day on the market and was bidding against 2 other parties. Agent MLS listings will be better.

If the OP goes with a Fixed Rate, expect 20% down. Adjustable Rates are easier to get but you will be paying more. I had an ARM was lucky the rates didn't move for the last 6 years.

I say go with a local bank/CU or mortgager.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back