Home Innovation: Target Canada 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you talking about the area on the sales floor where it looks like IKEA? I saw that a Target store down the road. It looked weird. A lot if space taken up for bowls, plates, lamps, and other shit that people won't buy. It was on a unique setup and not normal Target shelves.

Home innovation. It's not a new topic, but I'm still excited about it. It has been in pilot for a while, so they've obviously got some good test data on sales, and I'd like to believe it's working well. It's rolling out to all stores. The VP mention in this post is what caught my eye. Did she say it was Target Canada 2.0, and that it was causing an overall loss for the company, or was that someone from your store? I wouldn't call the home innovation remodel "Target Canada 2.0," because Canada was an entirely different ballgame. Compare a largescale international franchise launch to a gradual, storewide departmeng remodel. There is quite a difference, and again I'm excited for the remodel and new Visual Merchandise Lead position. :D

Home innovation. It's not a new topic, but I'm still excited about it. It has been in pilot for a while, so they've obviously got some good test data on sales, and I'd like to believe it's working well. It's rolling out to all stores. The VP mention in this post is what caught my eye. Did she say it was Target Canada 2.0, and that it was causing an overall loss for the company, or was that someone from your store? I wouldn't call the home innovation remodel "Target Canada 2.0," because Canada was an entirely different ballgame. Compare a largescale international franchise launch to a gradual, storewide departmeng remodel. There is quite a difference, and again I'm excited for the remodel and new Visual Merchandise Lead position. :D

if your mannequins and your pogs stay "exactly the same" till the next VA/pog then your VML is not doing their job. Our whole purpose is to fill the holes with what looks right and brand and keep it instock. Mannequins will always sell out of their merchandise, thats why you flex in either new trends or same trends? Example right now all our mannequins are wearing plaid for the designer launch since the previous sets sold.

Did you change the title of this thread? It didn't say home innovation up top before...weird.

The thing I don't like is the floor displays for items we don't even sell. People keep asking about those expensive chairs. When they find out they're online only items most ask why do we have a display for them. I already see my store taking a big hit from this "innovation" in the form of less business. The product just isn't moving like before and there is less of it.

So my store was one of the first in one of the largest cities in America.
I work in a group office.
people who have to visit our store for all of the fun things you would imagine you would do at at one from many different districts.
So do you work in a group office, or a store? Which one is it?
If they had of asked me first I could have told them that
What do you do? Do you analyze and advise Target Corp? Or are you a brick and mortar store team member? And again was it the VP who called this Target Canada 2.0 or was it some ETLs from your store?

Target doesn't want to compete with Walmart. They want to compete with IKEA, Macy's, etc. The problem is, we don't have high end guests. We have guests bugging me for our crappy extra hangers because they are too cheap to go back to domestics and buy a 12 pack for $3.

Target doesn't want to compete with Walmart. They want to compete with IKEA, Macy's, etc. The problem is, we don't have high end guests. We have guests bugging me for our crappy extra hangers because they are too cheap to go back to domestics and buy a 12 pack for $3.

Correct! We are a big box discount retailer like Walmart. However, corporate doesn't know that; that's why they want to compete with department stores, stores like Macy's,

this came from people who were explaining why the VP was flying all the way to my city
WHO WERE THESE PEOPLE? Store employees? District employees? Group employees? Regional employees? WHO?
I doubt target isn't thrilled of this "leak"
What did you even leak? You haven't posted about any subjects that aren't already publicly announced by Target headquarters. The only thing that's new is your claim that our home innovation is decreasing sales. It seems specific to your area. And I'm gonna take a long shot and say you're in LA. Probably one of the LA25 stores. It was a Tina visit wasn't it? She visited because you're losing sales after implementing a remodel that has proven to increase sales, which is obviously a little confusing.

WHO WERE THESE PEOPLE? Store employees? District employees? Group employees? Regional employees? WHO?

What did you even leak? You haven't posted about any subjects that aren't already publicly announced by Target headquarters. The only thing that's new is your claim that our home innovation is decreasing sales. It seems specific to your area. And I'm gonna take a long shot and say you're in LA. Probably one of the LA25 stores. It was a Tina visit wasn't it? She visited because you're losing sales after implementing a remodel that has proven to increase sales, which is obviously a little confusing.

Much like Canada, just cause it worked in Toronto doesn't mean it will work in Vancouver. In fact it did fail for exactly that kind of thinking.

My guests are the high end ones. We'd end up having to sell the displays, cause vibe.

Canada failed because they opened too many stores at one time and never let the brand get a chance to grow. They had too many employees and no one in Canada was shopping at the stores.

They opened 180 stores in a year that no one knew about and they are only assuming Canadians would recognize the brand, and were wrong.

Talk to my relatives in those cities. We didn't bother to know them, that and the empty shelves.

Because someone needs to be honest.
Yes. But...
whatchu_talkin_bout.gif

Our store has too much clearance and nowhere to put it.
So many permanent endcaps. So much clearance and nowhere to go with it.

Not to mention that a lot of the product on the tables and VIAs are the same things in the aisle or what would've been on a regular sales planner. They're just glorified endcaps.

Our company is making horrible decisions.

A lot of people are suffering because of it.

I'm sorry if you don't appreciate knowledge.

There's no reason to act like a child, unless you apparently still are, and in that case you won't understand until you grow up.

Don't reply to this thread until you do so.
Don't be bitter because I disagree with you. You're not feeding anybody any knowledge that isn't opinionated from your own mind. I've only requested something more concrete from you.

PS
I just got frustrated because you wouldn't answer most of my questions, and when you did answer, you gave irrelevant responses. I am seeking knowledge from you, but you won't (or can't) give!

Last edited:
So many permanent endcaps. So much clearance and nowhere to go with it.

Not to mention that a lot of the product on the tables and VIAs are the same things in the aisle or what would've been on a regular sales planner. They're just glorified endcaps.

Condense some of your plastics pogs (temporarily) and use an outer run by a main aisle for all your fans. Sign it, and it will go away.

Condense some of your plastics pogs (temporarily) and use an outer run by a main aisle for all your fans. Sign it, and it will go away.
Hahahahahaha you're funny. What used to be the trend runs at the end of home are now small appliances, cookware, and light bulbs. Our plastics are in the middle of d block. The other end of the blocks is greeting cards, towels, and bedding. Not condensing any of that haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back