Hours after remodel

Following a major remodel does a store suffer reduced hours for everyone and does the cost come from another accounting fund?

Remodel hours get billed out to a separate account. Payroll is based off your forecast and that has nothing to do with a remodel. There’s a possibility if your sales interruption tracking shows your sales are going to be be 1-2% lower, you’d see that accounted for in payroll but realistically that would be like 50 hours for the store. Most remodels drive really good comps so if anything your payroll will increase.

Assuming and documented 1-2% via interruption. Hard number to predict. Thnx...
It was an example not need to be so serious. But to answer your question hours will stay the same or grow after remodel. You have nothing to worry about. Next time I’ll just avoid your question.

Hours were already short, it just doesn’t seem like it because they’re seasoned with remodel hours. After a remodel you don’t lose hours, it’s more like reverting to normal.

It was an example not need to be so serious. But to answer your question hours will stay the same or grow after remodel. You have nothing to worry about. Next time I’ll just avoid your question.
BUT all the remodel hours will be gone. So everyone hired or kept after Christmas to do the remodel, will have to be squeezed into store side payroll. So technically individual hours will drop. Unless they get rid of all the temp help.

BUT all the remodel hours will be gone. So everyone hired or kept after Christmas to do the remodel, will have to be squeezed into store side payroll. So technically individual hours will drop. Unless they get rid of all the temp help.
You’re supposed to hire temporary help for a remodel with the understanding they will be gone after. But also every remodel finishes in the earliest March when hours start to come back so you’ll lose remodel hours but get them elsewhere

don’t forget, you earn flex hours at 0% comp for the first two months after remodel too

Can you translate this for those of us who don't speak payroll? Thanks!

(serious question--I'm just a sales floor goon, so I'm curious about stuff like this.)

At my store, a lot of people went to overnights during remodel, but they hired temps, too. Hours went back to normal post-remodel, and people who went to overnights went back to their normal positions. Our remodel finished in August.

Can you translate this for those of us who don't speak payroll? Thanks!

(serious question--I'm just a sales floor goon, so I'm curious about stuff like this.)

At my store, a lot of people went to overnights during remodel, but they hired temps, too. Hours went back to normal post-remodel, and people who went to overnights went back to their normal positions. Our remodel finished in August.

Some will have the technical answer, but flex hours are earned when you exceed sales, %0 means I believe you are not loosing sales but hitting where they predict so they will award flex hours to your store just for hanging on. And if you go above that you would get more.. This is how I understand it in the years I have worked.

If I am wrong peeps please correct me..

Ah, ok. Our store maintained sales during remodel, that much I know, but I don't know if they got flex hours. I know that my store takes thorough advantage of being an "enhanced SFS" location and pulls SFS to other areas every chance they get, so it can be hard to tell when we've earned more hours vs just scheduling people creatively.

Back