Archived Hours and Payroll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man that’s not bad at all. My store will have 20 or more pallets on the floor until noon at the minimum. Lined up from the fitting room down to electronics, a few hidden in seasonal, and of course blocking all the infant hardlines aisles 😂

If we bring out a pallet after the store has opened, the expectation is that it is worked quickly and completely and never left unattended.

Before open? We work bulk stuff like plastics and furniture etc off of pallets.

we have pallets sitting out almost to leave time at 10:30. it goes against all my previous training but hey...cornell and bunch says it works-sdo it must just magically make room in a medium/small sized store to place these while guests and us are working...right?

Well i used to get scheduled 40 hours but that ended when my flow tl was let go of. So I decided to go to a Walmart market store, became a pfresh associate basically. I started 40 hours for 15 an hour and overtime of 2 hours per week. Never got less hours and I’ve been with the company for about 8 months now. I have a set schedule too. Our reviews merits are 30-40 cents raise depending on performance score. So target is just stupid with hours but again they are trying to save as much payroll to make it to 15/hr since sales aren’t enough...

My folks get everything done & leave notes saying status, if not finished
When I leave I tell the next TM in our area the status of the 5-steps, the truck push, backstock, pricing, revisions, etc., and what to concentrate on the rest of the day. Then every scheduled day I come into a mess of WTF is this? Incredibly frustrating since instead of jumping in to 5-steps, I have to take time to figure out what the mess is. Put a clip on the 3-tier at least so I know right away what it is.

Did no one consider leaving the vehicle(s) of items out on the salesfloor instead of in back? That's what we did for an entire OTC pog for 2 days while we moved everything around. Still accessible to guests and for team members to assist guests in finding the item they were looking for without sacrificing more than a couple minutes here and there.
This is what we did. Not so attractive, but the alternative was less so.

Well i used to get scheduled 40 hours but that ended when my flow tl was let go of. So I decided to go to a Walmart market store, became a pfresh associate basically. I started 40 hours for 15 an hour and overtime of 2 hours per week. Never got less hours and I’ve been with the company for about 8 months now. I have a set schedule too. Our reviews merits are 30-40 cents raise depending on performance score. So target is just stupid with hours but again they are trying to save as much payroll to make it to 15/hr since sales aren’t enough...

Did they voluntarily start you at $15 or did they start you at a higher rate due to your experience with Target?

Reactions: Fyi
Why do you have pallets on the Salesfloor? Five pallets at that blocking everything. This never occurs once in our store and if it did I would indeed have a conversation with my team, but I guess ASANTS
Happens every truck day at my store, although the pallets are blocking most of Men's. And TMs are always blocking aisle access with u-boats - with the u-boat not down the aisle, but parked crossways at the end, blocking access from that end. How does that make sense to anyone?

Happens every truck day at my store, although the pallets are blocking most of Men's. And TMs are always blocking aisle access with u-boats - with the u-boat not down the aisle, but parked crossways at the end, blocking access from that end. How does that make sense to anyone?

No that doesn’t make sense either, trust me I agree. TMs shouldn’t be leaving at the endcaps either unattended. They should be carrying their U-Boats with them through each aisle.

They should be carrying their U-Boats with them through each aisle.
Should being the operative word here. I don't always because a u-boat plus me plus a guest with a cart and a couple of kids in tow makes for a very crowded aisle. Also, I find it annoying when the u-boat is in MY way, so of course a guest will find it annoying as well. When it makes sense, like when I have a lot of product to go in one section, yes. Otherwise, I park it in a place where it's not blocking a heavily trafficked spot but still allows me easy access.

Should being the operative word here. I don't always because a u-boat plus me plus a guest with a cart and a couple of kids in tow makes for a very crowded aisle. Also, I find it annoying when the u-boat is in MY way, so of course a guest will find it annoying as well. When it makes sense, like when I have a lot of product to go in one section, yes. Otherwise, I park it in a place where it's not blocking a heavily trafficked spot but still allows me easy access.

This is what everyone who can manage it does at my store. They say it's sorted, but it's not. It's really not. They tend to get parked in the big space between "back walls" like the gap in the wall between toys+home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back