• Start date
  • Replies 15
  • Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pfreshbackroomguy

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they're redistributing the hours to flow, backroom, and sales floor because they figure Christmas presents are more important than food? Oh, and seasonal cashiers - they get tons of hours.

If you are a new Pfresh store, your hours will be hacked after your first 90 days. Target has be cutting hours across the board, so it's not that big of a a surprise.

Well Black Friday was a bust for the company as in we did not see any real gain for for all the extra payroll used to open at midnight. I would expect that HQ will want us to pay for them being stupid and cut hours when it will hurt us the worst. As usual HQ screws up and the stores have to clean up the mess.

We are feeling the pain at our store. Cuts were deep and we are bleeding....

Why when sales are down, they cut payroll first? Right now, our shelves are empty because we have no one on the floor to fill. If you sold two more Christmas trees (our flat is empty) it would pay for 1 employee for an entire day....

In my humble opinion, Target should be spending payroll now to fill the floor.

I used to say the same thing when I worked salesfloor. I was there when a guest asked for help and found and pulled that expensive vaccuum from the backroom that more than paid for my hours that day. With hardly anyone on the sales floor some people will shop elsewhere if there is nothing on the shelf and there it sits in the backroom. Penny wise but pound foolish.

We are feeling the pain at our store. Cuts were deep and we are bleeding....

Why when sales are down, they cut payroll first? Right now, our shelves are empty because we have no one on the floor to fill. If you sold two more Christmas trees (our flat is empty) it would pay for 1 employee for an entire day....

In my humble opinion, Target should be spending payroll now to fill the floor.

I cringe at the thought of how many sales my store is losing because they have cut instocks team members from 3 people to 1 person during research days. Empty shelves empty shelves.

My store is trying to bank hours to use later during all the transitions and because we bombed on black Friday...we sent people home early that day we try getting out early almost every night now because we're not making sales

payroll slashed in our store across the board,but we have empty shelves in every dept even electronics and a lot of that stock sitting in the backroom.

Opposite for backroom dayside. This week we had about 260 hours this week. Going up to about 290 this upcoming week and almost 350 the next week. Enough to have a 5th regular TM in the backroom every day. And lord knows we need it.

Yea for backroom, it has been keeping steady for me at about 34-38 hours a week, and the reason being is the pulls, especially seasonal being freak'n huge every hour!!!

Every dep. needs more hours during the season. My store is down a couple od % in sales, plus, they hired a lot of seasonal TMs (they need hours, too). The hours are cut, everywhere... BUT, you can always get 40 if you know other workcenters, and you are wiling to work.

Hours must not be being cut at my store because the entire softlines team was kept an extra hour the past two nights to help zone seasonal and do pulls.

Hours must not be being cut at my store because the entire softlines team was kept an extra hour the past two nights to help zone seasonal and do pulls.
Omg the last 2 nights of course softlines was done first then we all had to stay and help toys and electronics with zoning it was a nightmare.

I'm down to about 18-20 hours. I check the swap shift board, but they seem to fill up as quickly as they go there. I reminded HR that I'm quite global (trained in 9 or 10 work centers) so maybe I'll get some hours from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back