Archived Hours cut! Everybody is really pissed off at my store!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a prevailing reason why (other than first of the fiscal year)
Our store posting 6% growth over last year and our cosmetics managed to go from 17% in red (17 down) to break even. I don't know what to say because I always assumed the forecast was to blame.

Seriously I think all that should vanish and hours be based on task alone (ie pay out hours first and let sales recover it. If they don't, then there is your problem store)

From what my ETL was saying, at least now we don't have to pay back hours when we don't make sales. So if you're given 1000 hours and you spend 1000 hours but you only make sales for 950 hours, they don't make you cut those 50 hours anymore.

Oh we waited and drove the LOD nuts case every 5min we needed in there last time they tried this. Though this time we are waiting a lot longer cause this set of ETL's are lazy fucks. It got locked this last time cause our VML and softlines just leaves their shit anywhere and everywhere.. I had enough since they blocked the access to one of the big ladders so I took all the carts and left them in the fitting room one morning.. They ended up in the fixture room, it got locked two days later..
Be honest with you. If they isn't a camera fixed on a the fixture room door, wait until br is empty and take a hammer to door handle.
Our pets backstock area is in an area that was added during the most recent remodel so it doesnt have a built in ladder. After no one listened to me saying don't remove the ladder several times, I took a bike lock and locked it to the shelf. Three 14 foot ladders back there as well as a hertz lifter and they want to drag that busted old ladder out and leave it.

You know how they say, the pig that yells is the one that hit was hit with the corn cob, ETL-LoG reminded him that certains were unavailable for a reason. I wasn't there that day but I am sure it was a fun chat.

Didn't hear. Just showed up one day and there was a padlock on the door and only TLs had keys.
quicker solution: Unlock it and oops its gone. There is noting to steal in the fixture room so no reason to lock it.

Locking the Fixture Room has always been about keeping it neat. Left unlocked anyone can go in and anonymously dump their stuff back there. If a Leader let's you in, that leader sees if you are putting anything in there and if the TM just leaves it, they know who did it. In general it works, until the Leads get tired of doing it. At that point the Fixture Room returns to its natural state.

I've been scheduled at 24 hours for the ps4 month, yet I've hit 40 every week. I'm very good at picking up shifts, and I'm always the first one to be given hours when they open. I have been very lucky.

M
One result of bounce back is that our storage room is now locked at all times...lol what a joke. One day in and a cart full of shelves were already left in the hallway outside, and people can’t get to the signing printer inside (which means nobody is going to stand around and wait for someone to come and unlock it. Any bets on how long the locked door will last?
Last time we fight this fight they broke my goddamn door. Seriously thunk three pmt might have to build a new one to get it to hang straight.
quicker solution: Unlock it and oops its gone. There is noting to steal in the fixture room so no reason to lock it.
Next time you spend a week organizing it to have it trashed in a weekend you won't feel that way. We have two keys that tm can sign out plus lod and they still bitch. A trashed room slows down any tm needing fixtures, is a steritech violation, etc. Just fucking leave it alone.

M

Last time we fight this fight they broke my goddamn door. Seriously thunk three pmt might have to build a new one to get it to hang straight.

Next time you spend a week organizing it to have it trashed in a weekend you won't feel that way. We have two keys that tm can sign out plus lod and they still bitch. A trashed room slows down any tm needing fixtures, is a steritech violation, etc. Just fucking leave it alone.
I have spent a weekend organizing it. I have spend weekends cleaning the baler room because its trashed constantly and near a exit door. If it is trashed, yes that sucks but if you honestly need that left of control, you need a) a camera on the door and a large note that says you will coach people who leave it trash. Then follow up when they do. IT WILL STOP.

2 years we had trash cages and people who empty them. Suddenly they stopped. Well in the space of six weeks after people ignored the you must empty the trash cage lecture, the cages were bound and put up into the steel in a permament area and 4 people received written documentation of their inability to follow rules.

Accessing a room with nothing in it to steal that you lock because people are lazy is a discipline problem on the part of the TM and a 'focused on the wrong area' problem with the BRTLs and up. And finally a sterirech violation is cause for a written coaching. So leave the door open, coach the mess maker, make him/her clean it up AND do their assigned tasks and if they fail coach them again on the failure. It gets the point across far more that locking a door

It's weird but hours went up in my store..

No it didn't.

What happens is hours for certain work centers fluctuate from week to week. While your hours may go up because you have a heavy SFS forecast or there are a bunch of HL salesplans to do. In a week those hours will plummet and softlines will get a bigger piece of the pie or plano.

For those who have been through a remodel, what does that do to TM hours? I know TMs can sign up to work overnights, but what about regular hours? I would assume sales floor & cashier would go down because sales are bound to be lower during the remodel, but at the same time, guests might need more people on the floor to find shit.

Curious how it usually works. We're a SuperTarget, if that matters.

When we did our remodel the hours went way up and they hired more people who specifically were for the remodel.

For those who have been through a remodel, what does that do to TM hours? I know TMs can sign up to work overnights, but what about regular hours? I would assume sales floor & cashier would go down because sales are bound to be lower during the remodel, but at the same time, guests might need more people on the floor to find shit.

Been through the remodel and was part of the dayside remodel team which made for a bad guest experience what with moving fixtures and doing construction work even when store was open (there was an overnight remodel team as well).

Hours from salesfloor got relocated to remodel to an extent (while we also got extra hours) so if you weren't part of that team and you were hardlines - you got horrible hours. The remodel hours were almost 40 hours each week, fixed schedule of working 6am shifts Mon-Fri and off every weekend.

Hm. I'll have to ask if they are doing daytime remodel hours. They've specifically mentioned overnight in huddle, but I haven't asked our HR ETL about it specifically, because I wouldn't be able to do overnights. Or days, either, really, I'm mostly just curious to know what will happen to evening & weekend hours.

Been through the remodel and was part of the dayside remodel team which made for a bad guest experience what with moving fixtures and doing construction work even when store was open (there was an overnight remodel team as well).

Hours from salesfloor got relocated to remodel to an extent (while we also got extra hours) so if you weren't part of that team and you were hardlines - you got horrible hours. The remodel hours were almost 40 hours each week, fixed schedule of working 6am shifts Mon-Fri and off every weekend.

They sucked that is hours went, cause they were all given to remodel which will go over their allotted hours so they cut from salesfloor and flow to make up for it.

Pleased to announce that I've made a breakthrough in the delicate science of keeping my hours up. Paper will be published soon pending peer review, but the summary is, there seems to be some quantum superposition going on with the push and autofills as of late. They exist in two states (backstock, and not-backstock) at the same time!

How does this help me? Well, I've been getting approved to stay for full shifts every day, but the flow crew now has so many people that the truck gets blown through and finished well before lunchtime. Naturally I don't want to take a leaver penalty by dropping out of the game too early, so I step into the pocket dimension known as The Backroom where all sorts of weird physics are happening. I can grab a flat of leftovers from the truck and autofills, dutifully marked with a pink Backstock clip, and upon exiting into the Salesfloor dimension, the entanglement collapses and the "backstock" becomes "not-backstock!" FREAKY AF!!! What's this, a YUGE ottoman that pulled for an empty endcap loc that can be seen from a mile away? Up it goes! Cases of Valentine's candy tied to a second, third, fourth and fifth location by the checkout lanes? Check. Suddenly it's 3 PM and I'm still not done, probably time dilation or something

Might be worth looking into if y'all are needing more hours...if you're lucky your store is interdimensional too. According to my research, the hours always exist somewhere, you just gotta be at the right point in the spacetime continuum. Hope this helps!

You definitely want to be on the remodel team. Sales usually plummet during a remodel so being dayside isn't ideal.

I did get a sweet gig one week as an ambassador. My job was to help people find stuff that was moved while they were rearranging our market.

Hm. I'll have to ask if they are doing daytime remodel hours. They've specifically mentioned overnight in huddle, but I haven't asked our HR ETL about it specifically, because I wouldn't be able to do overnights. Or days, either, really, I'm mostly just curious to know what will happen to evening & weekend hours.

It would be in your best interest to be on that team. It opened up opportunities for me to move to other departments since I came from hardlines and having TLs fight over you because you learn alot of new skills.

I worked two remodels, one at my store and then was sent out to another local store to help with theirs. I got 40hrs almost every week I was on remodel and I never dipped below 34 when I didn't get the 40. From what I saw, regular hours at both stores were on average between 20-30 depending on work center. So if you have the option for working remodel I suggest getting onto that team.

Overnights aren't in the cards for me these days, sadly, but I only work 10-15 or so hours per week anyway. I don't think my meager hours will be impacted too much, personally (though they might be!), but I'm curious as to what normally happens.

Is flow going to be nuked after remodel

Has more to do with how committed your district is to modernization than it does to whether you are remodeled. We have stores with brand new remodels in my district that have flow team members getting 30 hours a week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back