Archived Hours for Cashiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cashier, or GSA?

My store has a lot of back up GSA trained cashiers. They may only get 1 shift a week as GSA, but they're trained and keyed in so that they can pick up GSA shifts.
Guest Service, ended up deciding against the GSA position lol I hate my job so much that it just wasn’t worth it to add even more stress

Meanwhile I’ve posted like 6 shifts on Branch in the last week and no ones taken them lol
I wish you were at my store, I’d probably have picked up all of them!

(And I’m glad you guys like the pic, cute bull terriers are a weakness of mine, so it’s perfect for Spot)

I’m limited to nights and weekends and was only scheduled twice this week but I was called 2x about picking up shifts (one I couldn’t and one I could). I think they know I’m reliable and usually say yes...

I have picked up 2 shifts already this week and it's only Wednesday. Both shifts HR called and asked, I think they were both call outs.

I got to get another PT job because hours are low, it shows your priorities are not set on Target.

Well, no, your highest priorities are and always should be keeping yourself alive, fed and sheltered.

Yeah, you certainly do need to be careful with how you phrase this and react to the response (they may not be able to offer your more hours, depending), but noting that you don't want to have to get a second job and are available and would like more hours doesn't necessarily signal that Target isn't important to you, just that you do need to, yanno, survive and that does take priority. Any reasonable human being should understand this, and if your leaders penalize you for it, well, there's your answer.

Another idea is to let team members know they can call you if you need a shift covered. Our Starbucks has a group chat and they always cover for one another

I’m so jealous. It’s like pulling teeth to get our Starbucks to fill a shift.

Meanwhile I’ve posted like 6 shifts on Branch in the last week and no ones taken them lol

Idk about branch, but if it is like Kronos then only people coded primarily as GS (vs cashier) would even see your requests. So while my fellow cashiers would’ve been fighting over grabbing those shifts, they might’ve had no idea that they existed. That’s if your app/store are anything like mine....either way though if you have GS shifts to offer up, go ask the cashiers during your shifts. Most would love the hours, especially “off the lanes” lol.

Idk about branch, but if it is like Kronos then only people coded primarily as GS (vs cashier) would even see your requests. So while my fellow cashiers would’ve been fighting over grabbing those shifts, they might’ve had no idea that they existed. That’s if your app/store are anything like mine....either way though if you have GS shifts to offer up, go ask the cashiers during your shifts. Most would love the hours, especially “off the lanes” lol.

Branch is superior to kronos. Everyone in the store can see every shift posted.

I’m so jealous. It’s like pulling teeth to get our Starbucks to fill a shift.

Thankfully ours are close knit. Our mid called out and my etl asked me to find someone. Right as I picked up the phone the replacement walked into TMSC a half hour early.

Cashier, or GSA?

My store has a lot of back up GSA trained cashiers. They may only get 1 shift a week as GSA, but they're trained and keyed in so that they can pick up GSA shifts.

I didn’t know that was possible? We have those veteran cashiers that are fully trained up front that we designate to watch the lanes for our breaks and lunches when we need to, but it’s always been a big no no to give a cashier GSTL keys or give them GSTL access on the register.

I didn’t know that was possible? We have those veteran cashiers that are fully trained up front that we designate to watch the lanes for our breaks and lunches when we need to, but it’s always been a big no no to give a cashier GSTL keys or give them GSTL access on the register.

I’m given the GSTL keys at least once or twice a shift (covering the front as a cashier). Basically what you said, but any reason not to give them the keys so they can get change for the registers/SCO? Tbh I don’t know what half of the keys on the GSTL keys do lol

We give cashiers the keys but not supervisor codes. If they need codes covering gstls break they call the lod

My store also has 5 GSAs to go with our 2 gstls. You can never have too many people with supervisor codes and emails for the cheap cost of 50 cents more an hour

Yep, we have a lot of GSAs (8+ off the top of my head), but it seems that only maybe half or less of them have supervisor codes?

Edit: still not used to acronyms. We have 2 GSTLs, both on LOA......so just GSAs here.

We have 2 GSTL’s and I’m one of three GSA’s, and one of the GSA’s only works a couple days a week. They act like we are over staffed with GSA/GSTL’s but I don’t see it. Lol. When I was hired in October I was hired in as seasonal, and until a couple weeks ago when they finally let me know I was going to be offered a permanent position, I was worried that they wouldn’t keep me because they made it seem like 3 GSA’s was one too many.

Can someone explain the difference between a gsa and gstl. I’m newish and my store never explains things

Let us know how that goes.
Its worked for me for the past two years. When I took signing it was on the guarantee I didn't lose hours or pay. My tl, etl, and stl all abided by it. New stl may not, but tl and etl will do their best.

This week's pog load is 30hrs. My team each got two days in something sfs/pog/ pricing. I got my 40 in signing with back borrowed hours they dug up from somewhere.

Can someone explain the difference between a gsa and gstl. I’m newish and my store never explains things

Guest Service Attendant vs. Guest Service Team Lead

GSA and GSTL perform many of the same functions on stage (watching the front lanes, assisting at Guest Service, speedweaving, getting change requests, etc), but your GSTL is the one actually in charge of the team. GSTL would handle any coachings, make sure TMs are getting their trainings done, and other off stage leader type stuff. GSA is not a leadership position, so they don't handle any of that.

GSA and GSTL perform many of the same functions on stage (watching the front lanes, assisting at Guest Service, speedweaving, getting change requests, etc), but your GSTL is the one actually in charge of the team. GSTL would handle any coachings, make sure TMs are getting their trainings done, and other off stage leader type stuff. GSA is not a leadership position, so they don't handle any of that.
Thanks for the response...my store has had some upheaval (someone just stopped showing up - I think the gstl. One of the Gsa’s quit because she wants to find a job that uses her education ) so I’m not sure who is who at the moment

bG4x9zu.gif

I wish my store used that lol basically gsas here do everything, such as training, and running the team other than coaching, which is incredibly rare at my store.. we only have one gstl and the rest are gsas and we are basically all treated equal other than you know the pay

I wish my store used that lol basically gsas here do everything, such as training, and running the team other than coaching, which is incredibly rare at my store.. we only have one gstl and the rest are gsas and we are basically all treated equal other than you know the pay

we've got two GSTLs, so most days we've got at least one GSTL to take care of any of those sorts of things

We give cashiers the keys but not supervisor codes. If they need codes covering gstls break they call the lod

My store also has 5 GSAs to go with our 2 gstls. You can never have too many people with supervisor codes and emails for the cheap cost of 50 cents more an hour

Just the opposite here. My GSTL was talking about select cashiers having supervisor codes, primarily for when GSTL goes in break. My GSTLs have to pull teeth to get someone to cover their meals, and forget breaks. Our front end is pretty much ignored by our ETL.

What is "branch?" I've never heard this term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back