Archived Hours where art thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always real fun when those are left on the grid and GS is wondering why a cashier didn't show up for their shift....

Oh my that happens all the time at my store. The ETL HR can't tell her TM's to adjust the schedule so they always have no coverage for things..

At least for my store, that sounds like a dummy shift. If it’s not usually scheduled or peak times, dummy shift from what I’m understanding. I’m still trying to get my head around a “dummy shift” and the reason for it.

If you tell some people their last day too soon. They will stop showing up immediately when you are busiest, so the thought is you schedule them as if they are going to be retained.

11 to 730 would be a normal BR closer at my store.

Same

Last edited:
My stores electronic hours dipped from 140 to 106 so I'm not surprised.

Your mid shift could be fake but your closing shift seems real.

Pro tip. Look at the schedule and see if there is another closer in electronics that night. That's a hint it's a dummy shift

Closing shift seems real. Other shift is weird because it’d be double coverage as our opener is leaving at 4:30 as well... but my STL wouldn’t sign off on me taking shifts if I was getting termed yea?

Closing shift seems real. Other shift is weird because it’d be double coverage as our opener is leaving at 4:30 as well... but my STL wouldn’t sign off on me taking shifts if I was getting termed yea?

Definitely.

Some ETLs do sign off on shifts for people about to get fired (shakes my head at my etl log) but you would think an stl would know better.

The fact youre keyed as electronics leads me to believe they are keeping you. Not worth the retention hit unless you completely suck

I wonder if a couple of shifts I took from someone else (don't remember if it's the same person or two people) are dummy shifts. 12-4?

I let my ETL know I was available to come in earlier on NYD. Normally my start time is dictated by the day job, but since the day job isn't a thing that day, I'd be happy to come in a few hours earlier.

Last week was another six day truck. I ended up with 39 hrs. Christmas Eve I worked from 5:15am-12:25pm. Then Wed, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday I work. I'll be seeing how many hrs Ill rack up. New Years Eve week it's going to be interesting. The hrs are getting cut. So I'll be doing my 12+hrs. Yet still, if it's a big truck and the usual suspects leave early, I'll be staying to wrap up the truck.

I'm at 15 next week, but I mentioned to my ETL I can come in earlier on NYD. Hope she takes me up on it, as a few extra at 1.5 would be nice. And I'm guessing there will be a lot of call-ins, if not as many as I would expect on NYE.

Question targets new fiscal year doesnt that start at the end of january? Im curious my tl just called everyone in our dept and made us all cut shifts told us we would all get 5hrs on the 2wks if we didnt cut this week :/ now I know thats a load of bull so I said hell no. I guess market and front end got calls to. But I havent heard of our store cutting the week of a holiday so im wondering why the scramble to cut :/ this store smh lol bts is going to be a blast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back