Archived Hours where art thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRZone

Former ETL HR
I know hours go down in January but we went from 4100 Christmas week (6 days) to 3100 over 7 days the schedule we are posting this week.

We have some team members still at 40 but I was struggling to get a lot of team members to 20.

It's a little frustrating at my store because it's forcing our hand with seasonal reduction. Lots of folks are coming back the day after Christmas to be told thanks for your service and bye instead of in January as we initially planned.

I would be more sympathetic to that if we had more mydevices and better technology

The Zebras are far better than those garbage IPODs we had. Specifically why I do not own an iPhone. If an iPhone is as much garbage as an iPOD..

The Zebras are far better than those garbage IPODs we had. Specifically why I do not own an iPhone. If an iPhone is as much garbage as an iPOD..

Got rid of my iPhone but they are solid phones. As mentioned here the problem with the apple my device was using an apple product for industrial retail use. Not built for that with the battery life issues.

nQjASDg.jpg

I overheard our ETL HR saying they weren't getting their bonuses because the flow team kept staying past their shift. Now they are forced to leave at 8 am this week.

I lol at the etls

My store has seen people getting 10-12 hours during Christmas season. Can't wait to see how much they sink in a week

I was at 70, now I'm at 40, next week at 28.

Those amplified gifting shifts really inflated my hours, and as much as I love personally destroying those grey monstrosities I know that they were giving me hours

R.I.P

Went from a 34ish to 38 hours a week from Black Friday week to this week and now to 22 hours for a Christmas week. Ship from store did give me hours but I’m surpised all the other non-seasonals got 34-38 hours for Christmas week but I got degraded. Let’s hope someone needs a swap shift Christmas week.

Went from a 34ish to 38 hours a week from Black Friday week to this week and now to 22 hours for a Christmas week. Ship from store did give me hours but I’m surpised all the other non-seasonals got 34-38 hours for Christmas week but I got degraded. Let’s hope someone needs a swap shift Christmas week.

Post Christmas week it's going to be a darn bloodbath

Ship from store did not give anyone at our store more hours. They just moved everyone from the salesfloor to SFS. Then they whined about how we had nobody to back up cashier. I feel sorry for the guests that actually walk through the door.

Whenever I get guests complaining about the store, depending on the issue, I just flat out explain it's due to a lack of payroll, and I highly encourage them to complain. I am so pissed off about scheduling this year. Not for the sake of my paycheck, because I'm getting 40 hours, I just don't have any goddamn help to handle the crowds of people we're dealing with. No body does. This stress is fucking killing everyone. THIS IS NOT PUTTING GUESTS FIRST!

Does it usually get better in February? I’m taking LOA for most of January.
No, it doesn't. It get's worse. Much worse. February is not only a low volume sales month in retail, but it is also the first month of Target's fiscal year. They try to save as much as possible. I don't even think we hired anyone for Easter season last year.

Whenever I get guests complaining about the store, depending on the issue, I just flat out explain it's due to a lack of payroll, and I highly encourage them to complain. I am so pissed off about scheduling this year. Not for the sake of my paycheck, because I'm getting 40 hours, I just don't have any goddamn help to handle the crowds of people we're dealing with. No body does. This stress is fucking killing everyone. THIS IS NOT PUTTING GUESTS FIRST!

And not to store management they need to complain on twitter, or facebook to corporate.

We are doing ok all things considered.

We are planning on revisiting the attendance policy in January so will probably weed out several people quickly.

My hours are pretty stable. Perks of being front end, I guess. Definitely not looking forward to the significant drop in hours after people stop returning stuff after Christmas.

I know hours go down in January but we went from 4100 Christmas week (6 days) to 3100 over 7 days the schedule we are posting this week.

We have some team members still at 40 but I was struggling to get a lot of team members to 20.

It's a little frustrating at my store because it's forcing our hand with seasonal reduction. Lots of folks are coming back the day after Christmas to be told thanks for your service and bye instead of in January as we initially planned.

It gets worse, much worse. Just wait until February.

Even more fun with the hours reduction is the huge number of transitions that usually take place right after Christmas. Toys, seasonal, and most of softlines change almost immediately. MMB has a gigantic scanback as they purge out most of the movies we only carry during the holiday season.

That really sucks. I was hoping to get at least 20 hours a week for this part time job. Last week I worked 4 days. This week only 1 and next week scheduled for 1 the day after Christmas. I work fulfillment. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back