Drastic hours Cuts?

I always set early for every major transition. BTS, Halloween, Trim, etc always early. We go truck to shelf. The impact on fulfillment is too much when your merch is in pallets beamed up.

Wish the company realized that they should space out set dates and freight flow weeks accordingly.
I have never understand why Target doesn't get all it's deliveries on weekdays not the weekend.

Fullfillment doesn't enjoy digging through the eight foot tall dairy pallet that shows up Saturday morning that is barely touched until the next day.

I have never understand why Target doesn't get all it's deliveries on weekdays not the weekend.

Fullfillment doesn't enjoy digging through the eight foot tall dairy pallet that shows up Saturday morning that is barely touched until the next day.
Depends on the store as my store gets them on Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

Depends on the store as my store gets them on Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

My store is 7 days. Delivery every day.

I find it interesting that people are upset that their hours are cut. Except for ETLs and corporate, do not most people in retail realize the companies view them as expendable - otherwise, how can they offer cheap goods except to cut labor which is the greatest expense? If you came to Target or retail with the expectation to have stable hours year round, then you may not understand the cyclical nature of retail. Been in retail 20+ years, but only for side money. That's all you can expect. If you disagree, then know Jan to March is even less hours...
Well, sure. On the other hand, it's in any employer's best interests to have a stable work force. Having reasonably predictable hours is part of that. I don't expect to have 35 hours every week and I know that sometimes there's OT during Q4. So I can make the uneven cash flow work enough of the time that it's not a huge problem.
But when hours go way, way down, it gets a little rough. Fortunately at my store, we have at least a couple of TLs who will make their own schedules short and use vacation time so their TMs can have a couple more hours.
And while usually Jan-Mar is really low, they weren't as low this year as they are now. Weird, because that's how it's been in past years. Our trucks were mostly the same as before Q4 until the last month or so.

Well, sure. On the other hand, it's in any employer's best interests to have a stable work force. Having reasonably predictable hours is part of that. I don't expect to have 35 hours every week and I know that sometimes there's OT during Q4. So I can make the uneven cash flow work enough of the time that it's not a huge problem.
But when hours go way, way down, it gets a little rough. Fortunately at my store, we have at least a couple of TLs who will make their own schedules short and use vacation time so their TMs can have a couple more hours.
And while usually Jan-Mar is really low, they weren't as low this year as they are now. Weird, because that's how it's been in past years. Our trucks were mostly the same as before Q4 until the last month or so.
I also think consistent START times is a factor.

I start at 6 every day for either fulfillment or cash office. There are 2 6 am fulfillment tms every day.

There were 5 cashiers (with short shifts) scheduled all day and 2 called out. Local college athletes are already starting to come back. What idiots are handing out these hours? All that talk about not letting the guest wait in line too long and you schedule us like this???

I'm really beginning to hate this place.

There were 5 cashiers (with short shifts) scheduled all day and 2 called out. Local college athletes are already starting to come back. What idiots are handing out these hours? All that talk about not letting the guest wait in line too long and you schedule us like this???

I'm really beginning to hate this place.
Our store just posted a 5.5 hour shift that I am sure no one will take because it is too long and on a weekend night.

We have 6 shifts available 3-4 should be from the same person as it’s from 6-10pm in the same dept . No one is taking it up .😵‍💫
We have a bunch of shifts posted too, of course they are when I'm already getting good hours and/or when I'm already scheduled.

When I want extra shifts there's bupkis.

Last edited:
That is ONE good thing about my store, ETLs will do register work and OPU

But like, guys, if you scheduled you wouldn't have to. Surely there's manager sh*t you should be doing, or would rather be doing. Having the boss up front makes everyone more stressed too because they just looooooooooove dinging you on minor shit that doesn't matter. Getting on you for standing idle for 1 second after checking someone out. Etc

That is ONE good thing about my store, ETLs will do register work and OPU

But like, guys, if you scheduled you wouldn't have to. Surely there's manager sh*t you should be doing, or would rather be doing. Having the boss up front makes everyone more stressed too because they just looooooooooove dinging you on minor shit that doesn't matter. Getting on you for standing idle for 1 second after checking someone out. Etc
You are also paying someone a higher wage to do said jobs.

You are also paying someone a higher wage to do said jobs.

That's also a good point

In today's sh!tstorm, no cart person was scheduled until 1 o' clock and there were 3 cashiers ALL DAY because of a callout of the only other cashier. wtf corporate. This is back to school season!
The person doing the job would be there anyway. By not scheduling someone else, they ARE saving money. Especially if it's an ETL doing it because they are on salary and get paid the same no matter what.

Back