Drastic hours Cuts?

The person doing the job would be there anyway. By not scheduling someone else, they ARE saving money. Especially if it's an ETL doing it because they are on salary and get paid the same no matter what.
You have an ETL to do work a cart attendant's work is still paying someone more to do a task regardless of whether they are salary.

You have an ETL to do work a cart attendant's work is still paying someone more to do a task regardless of whether they are salary.
But it doesnt cost the store more money..

The store saves money by not having another TM in the building getting carts. If you have someone who is already getting paid to be there collect carts, it saves on payroll, as that person is there already and already getting paid. If they had another person there to collect carts, that ETL would still be there, just doing something else. And now there is another TM getting paid.

Your statement also makes it sound like ETLs should be above collecting carts. Maybe in a perfect world but retail is far from perfect. My SDs and ETLs have collected carts, as well as worked FF, pushed truck and even jumped on a register.

It feels like they're relying on it more and more while also pressing the cashiers to do more and more. I feel so stressed just walking in there.

And of course with fewer people on we get more speeches about how we need to work faster and get more people through our lines!

In a related matter an ETL just blew some shit to a TL for eating a popsicle in the Break Room for some reason.

She is actually transferring to another store and stepping down to a just a TM.

She told me that until the transfer she now start acting like a TM if you are going to treat her as one!

Back