Archived Hours where art thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah.. I have always taken time off in January and its never been an issue as long as you are around for New Years if you are front end or a salesfloor.
I'm talking off Dec 31st to Jan 10th (I booked vacation when I worked my old job, where New Years wasn't a big staffing time and I had enough seniority to get some bennies, anyway), and when I was hired, HR said they'd give me New Years Eve and New Years Day off if I promised Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas Eve, and the day after Christmas would all have totally open availability. Which is fair enough, I guess. I asked for the 30th a week ago so I could pack, and they let me.

The front end and apparel took the biggest hit in terms of hours. Hardlines still has a decent amount.

What?! The gods of softlines were touched? At my store they could basically do whatever they wanted, it was like Consumables when they first rolled out their departmental changes but much worse.

Not at my store. EVERYONE in our electronics dept has 20 hours next week lol, I saw some veteran hardliners with 12

I imagine that has something to do with being closed monday.

Our electronics next week was 126 over 6 days and drops to about 105 over 7 with 5 team members the week of new years. Yikes

I imagine that has something to do with being closed monday.

Our electronics next week was 126 over 6 days and drops to about 105 over 7 with 5 team members the week of new years. Yikes

My store also has 5 Electronics TMs. Totally expecting to only get 8-16hrs that week

I have 20 hours and 4 days off. It's a good thing I'm rich!

8OGfcJz.gif

One would think that knowing Cashier/SCO/FoodAve/GS you would get plenty of hours (and I have been) but after next week...

You would think. Im trained in cashier/softlines/fitting room/hardlines/SFS/presentation/price accuracy/instocks with complete open availability and have still gotten 20ish hours a week.

I was at 70, now I'm at 40, next week at 28.

Those amplified gifting shifts really inflated my hours, and as much as I love personally destroying those grey monstrosities I know that they were giving me hours

R.I.P
Wait, your store is actually having someone stand by every single one of those...? :confused: Ours are a disaster

Whenever I get guests complaining about the store, depending on the issue, I just flat out explain it's due to a lack of payroll, and I highly encourage them to complain. I am so pissed off about scheduling this year. Not for the sake of my paycheck, because I'm getting 40 hours, I just don't have any goddamn help to handle the crowds of people we're dealing with. No body does. This stress is fucking killing everyone. THIS IS NOT PUTTING GUESTS FIRST!
Our store is the same. Team members are very short tempered with each other. Little team work anymore. It's become all CYA. Putting the guest first is nothing but lip service.

HL is tough here, too. We had 1 TL (who spent a lot of time in electronics because they only had one person), me, one other guy and a woman in H&B. Bunch of toy pulls, continuous stream of guest questions, phone calls and fast service all over the store oh, and come help back up the lanes, well, the night went fast, I suppose.

Damn, our store is big.

I've got 15 hours for the first week in Jan, so there's that.

Unpopular opinion but I love my iPhone, granted I get a new one every year and sell my old one for a fair price, so I always have the up to date one.
So when are you going to be like the commercial a nd get a samsung?

I have 11 hours the first week of the new year, and I'm not complaining! I don't have to go back to my school job until the 8th, so it's gonna be party time!

40 hours for the first week of the year, all closing shifts, hopefully im still allowed OT, i've hit OT every week since Nov

21 hours week 3 but I work overnight and I start 11:45 on Saturday so my hours spill over making it almost 30. Good thing I'm taking all the overtime I can this week.

I guess I can't complain about my 28.

Come on, SS check!!!

6 our of 8 of our market TM’s have been at 40 hours. The other two have a max of 32 becuase they are older. We’ve consistently been 2-3 TM’s short since they started E2E. Great that we have hours, sucks being short staffed.

6 our of 8 of our market TM’s have been at 40 hours. The other two have a max of 32 becuase they are older. We’ve consistently been 2-3 TM’s short since they started E2E. Great that we have hours, sucks being short staffed.
Short staffed with 8 as I cry. We have only have 5 tms to push dry dairy and freezer since October
And we are a pfrexh store with currrent sales at 320 k per day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back