Archived Hours where art thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It hard to cross-train when your only scheduled 1 day and the online training courses are only accessible in the store. If I am seasonal TM then It will suck.

At this point if you don't know if you're seasonal, you're probably seasonal

Does it usually get better in February? I’m taking LOA for most of January.

Doesn't really get better until Easter. You get another solid spike in the summer with back to school but I know most of the year my store is in the 2000s when it comes to hours per week.

I'm at a store where it's a five or six truck days, only getting 18+ hours total. But when you are short handed, no one else wants to stay late to wrap up the truck. So, I'm one of those TMs who will get 20-30 hrs. To the newbies or the ones that are wanting hours will complain soon.

I know hours go down in January but we went from 4100 Christmas week (6 days) to 3100 over 7 days the schedule we are posting this week.

We have some team members still at 40 but I was struggling to get a lot of team members to 20.

It's a little frustrating at my store because it's forcing our hand with seasonal reduction. Lots of folks are coming back the day after Christmas to be told thanks for your service and bye instead of in January as we initially planned.

So no 2 week notice at your store?

Yeah I noticed this week some seasonal hours were cut . I wish we could keep at least 5. A few are hardworking and dependable

so I approached the STL about this today and told him I have this funny feeling or premonition that corporate will be reaching deep into their bag of capitalist tricks come January for a bunch of fake reasons to not give hours..."oops we blew our payroll on Shipt, oops we also blew it on Zebras so here's 4 hours a week forever" and he lol'd and said "Well yeah hours will be tighter but there will still be plenty for a select few who didn't shuffle their feet all through Q4, and you're definitely at the top of that list so don't sweat it"...guess we'll see won't we

I'm sure by "plenty" he meant "40"...right??????

I've been hearing rumors that us electronics regular part timers who were hired in October are all gonna be terminated right before our 90 days, because we couldn't be made seasonal. No idea how true that is, but, push comes to shove, I'll live if I get fired.

I'm hoping that by knowing all the front end areas this year my hours won't drop TOO bad. If not, I may try to crosstrain to another area of the store to make ends meet. One would think that knowing Cashier/SCO/FoodAve/GS you would get plenty of hours (and I have been) but after next week...

so I approached the STL about this today and told him I have this funny feeling or premonition that corporate will be reaching deep into their bag of capitalist tricks come January for a bunch of fake reasons to not give hours..."oops we blew our payroll on Shipt, oops we also blew it on Zebras so here's 4 hours a week forever" and he lol'd and said "Well yeah hours will be tighter but there will still be plenty for a select few who didn't shuffle their feet all through Q4, and you're definitely at the top of that list so don't sweat it"...guess we'll see won't we

I'm sure by "plenty" he meant "40"...right??????

If you are seasonal, SFS, and still have a Presentation team, its where a lot of the workload goes post, 4th Q.

I've been hearing rumors that us electronics regular part timers who were hired in October are all gonna be terminated right before our 90 days, because we couldn't be made seasonal. No idea how true that is, but, push comes to shove, I'll live if I get fired.
That sounds shady. They would still have to coach and CCA everybody. They could have just hired all of you as HL if they wanted you to be seasonal.

I think we are doing two week notice but for our just in time they are getting 1 four hour shift for the whole week (the minimum) with two week notice.

The ones with attendance issues were told to turn in their badge and discount card because today is their last day.

Before this weekend even? Dayumn. My store is expecting Saturday to be worse than Sunday, even, so I can't imagine letting people go until Tuesday.

I'm at 20.5 hours next week (20 is technically my max) so I'm happy with that. I'm pretty much keeping my mouth shut and seeing how things shake out. A TL asked me a week or two ago if I was planning to be just seasonal or looking for perm, and at the time I told her I was on the seasonal bench but things have changed a bit and now I might be able to use some hours. I'd rather not, as 2 jobs + kids + husband + a disaster of a house = major suckage, but needs must and all that.

I know hours go down in January but we went from 4100 Christmas week (6 days) to 3100 over 7 days the schedule we are posting this week.

We have some team members still at 40 but I was struggling to get a lot of team members to 20.

It's a little frustrating at my store because it's forcing our hand with seasonal reduction. Lots of folks are coming back the day after Christmas to be told thanks for your service and bye instead of in January as we initially planned.

I feel you. We went from 3800 to 2200. There are SO many people who are getting 4-8 hrs and I feel awful about it.

And I know we wouldn’t actually need more hours than given, but I still hate that so many people who need the hours aren’t getting any.

I'm still at 40 that week. Although it technically is lower than what I have been working.

Glad your store took care of you. We only kept our non seasonal in flex. And moved the good sfs people to backroom and flow so our flex people stay at 40.

That sounds shady. They would still have to coach and CCA everybody. They could have just hired all of you as HL if they wanted you to be seasonal.

Plus it hits retention. Sounds like a rumor started by someone who feels treatened. Most leaders aren't going to hire someone as regular they don't believe in.

I feel you. We went from 3800 to 2200. There are SO many people who are getting 4-8 hrs and I feel awful about it.

And I know we wouldn’t actually need more hours than given, but I still hate that so many people who need the hours aren’t getting any.

Yeah I already know when I audit tomorrow I'm going to have to find the balance of taking care of regulars and being fair to those with open availability.

The front end and apparel took the biggest hit in terms of hours. Hardlines still has a decent amount.

My issue is that we kept a few "meh" cashiers but now they are taking a slice of an already small pie.

So it sounds like my request for a few days off the 1st week of January might've been a good call? It's non paid so win/win?

Yeah.. I have always taken time off in January and its never been an issue as long as you are around for New Years if you are front end or a salesfloor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back