Archived Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
meh, remodeling store here, promised more hours during remodel for everyone, but went down from 40 hours for the last 3 months or so to (drum roll) 25 . really?

Cutting hrs during a REMODEL?!
Is nothing sacred to spot's clod squad?

You must work at my store. You are echoing what many team members are saying. I hear we are cutting hours tohelp support Canadian stores openings.

It has nothing to do with Canada. There are a few reasons for the high productivity goals (which esentially means the same thing as tigher payroll budgets). This might be a bit much, but I find this stuff interesting...
1) Mature store (stores that have been opened more than 1 year) have an average productivity improvement goal of 7%. Also, the average productivity goal for all stores is about $175 of sales per hour of payroll spent. This means that if your weekly sales goal is $500,000 you will get 2857 hours that week ($500000/$175). The next year, let's assume you have the same sales goal of $500000. Your productivity goal goes up 7%, which makes the new goal $187 of sales per payroll hours spent. For that same sales goal this year, your payroll budget would be 2673 hours, or 184 few hours than the previous year. This productivity makes sense for a lot of stores (new stores get vastly more productive for the first few year) and for a lot of reasons (technology makes some jobs more productive). However, it also has a breaking point...which many of you probably feel in your stores. In my opinion, there is not a lot more juice that can be squeezed out of the orange, but we keep on squeezing.
2) Depending on who you know, you can find out that another major reason for the payroll crunch is that the teams at HQ claim that they have been tasked as much as they can to make their own payroll budgets. This means there is only one other spot to squeeze to get the payroll. You guessed it...stores. This really set me off when I learned about this, but not a ton I can do but be frustrated.

All that being said, payroll really stinks right now. The company made some major cuts back in 2008 when the economy tanked. That huge jump combined with a few more years of productivity increases are really making it tough on the payroll front. Bottom line, I spend a lot of my time as an STL zoning the store because I don't have a lot of hours for the tms.

Last edited:
I'd say that's why I see my ETLs out zoning more but our Exec culture has ALWAYS been "more on the floor"

I'd say that's why I see my ETLs out zoning more but our Exec culture has ALWAYS been "more on the floor"

LOL Ours have even attempted to set sales planners when times have been tough hour wise, and those turned into major disaster...I guess they should get an "E" not for Exellence but for "Effort".
What really ticks me off is when they send flow team home, but not one entire dept is completely done, so we have to do our "Mid Zones" in those areas and finish truck. I don't like that... they should take those times and payroll hours spent and put them on Flow, not keep us in our workcenters, because most of the time those pushes take much longer than the normal 10 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back