How and why?

How does this even happen? And why would the person who put it here say ... this is normal. I'm just confused how the system works to allow this.

Attachments

• 20230421_105929.jpg
    20230421_105929.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 88
Due to bad taping or bad boxes you get quite a few strays in the trailers and they may have just shoved it in the nearest box. Most teammates it the lanes have no idea what a zone is.
Packing is normally done by zone. One zone per station so they should not be able to mix it up.
Only Inventory Management build mixed boxes when clearing partials/damage or for special requests from the store called AER.
TR is transition and to me this doesn’t look like a TR box

Continuing the trend, why do mispicks happen so often?

And who decides what gets sent to stores? If our store has 10 futons, our order threshold for futons is 7, and our forcasted sales are under 10, why do we get 20 futons on a truck (while getting 11 trucks a week) while other stores being served by the same DC recieve none at all? When HQ blames the DC through chatbot for sending freight they shouldn't be sending, who is making that call at the DC and why? And why 20 futons on one truck if we have another 10 trucks that same week?

Laziness. Apathy. Stupidity. Possibly because it was a nice day and someone was told they could leave early once their lanes were clear, so loading everything onto a single truck was the quickest way to make that happen. DC are not getting the sharpest tools in the shed when they hire sight unseen, based on how someone answered questions tied to their application, and them toss them into whatever team needs bodies.

Aside from the panties, everything appears to be the same ssz, so were they already worn or are we being that petty?

Last edited:
Continuing the trend, why do mispicks happen so often?

And who decides what gets sent to stores? If our store has 10 futons, our order threshold for futons is 7, and our forcasted sales are under 10, why do we get 20 futons on a truck (while getting 11 trucks a week) while other stores being served by the same DC recieve none at all? When HQ blames the DC through chatbot for sending freight they shouldn't be sending, who is making that call at the DC and why? And why 20 futons on one truck if we have another 10 trucks that same week?
HQ decides not us. We just print up labels and fulfill them

Every item in the repack was Over The Counter except for the underwear.
We do that in damages…save the stuff that can be sold we separate food and non food tho…if this is a damage cage box it’s wrong…also I hate it when people mix pet food with human Food in the break pack boxes when they work over there

So when HQ replies through the chatbot and blames the DC for overstocks, what then? Especially with the misallocation of flammable products.
I honestly don't know what to tell you. We don't have the ability to send you guys freight that we're perceived to have. A box here or there sure but nothing like 10+ boxes of furniture you mentioned

That honestly sounds like an AER drop. It's a HQ generated drop that pushes out freight we cant handle anymore. Usually seasonal stuff that isn't moving out fast enough. They assign it to stores they've decided can probably sell it in what they seem a reasonable time frame

And can you clarify about the flammable?

How does this even happen? And why would the person who put it here say ... this is normal. I'm just confused how the system works to allow this.
another possible reason for the clothing in the box is that it was accidentally sent back tucked in with the empty repacks and the tm pit it in the repack of the last store to have gotten that specific repack.

And can you clarify about the flammable?
When we report specific overstocks through chatbot, HQ says certain product can't be stored at the DC and is immediately sent to stores as it comes in. Our store in particular has hundreds of multiple DPCIs compared to other stores serviced by the same DC that only have a few dozen. HQ said it's a "misallocation on the fault of the DC".

Something in the logistics chain is breaking down because a lot of what happens doesn't make sense. If HQ is controlling what we get sent, why are they sending us things and then allowing us to send them right back to the DC via RevLog? Why do OTLs and forecasts exist if they're just going to be ignored? Especially when one store is sent 100 and every other store is sent 5 or 10. Then when we do send it back via RevLog, assuming it's going to be distributed to those stores, it just gets sent right back to us again.

And when we request an exception sweep and get approval by the people who actually manage what's being ordered, why does that product also get sent right back to us again? Even though we had approval and the pallets are signed saying "Do Not Send Back"?

Of course, even when DCs take our merchandise transfers, the counts are always off. I can send them two pallets, each with just one DPCI, and they'll say they received double what we sent for one DPCI and none of what we sent for the other.

It doesn't make sense and it's impossible to actually do anything about it. Nothing of what we submit through chatbot seems to makes a difference.

When we report specific overstocks through chatbot, HQ says certain product can't be stored at the DC and is immediately sent to stores as it comes in. Our store in particular has hundreds of multiple DPCIs compared to other stores serviced by the same DC that only have a few dozen. HQ said it's a "misallocation on the fault of the DC".

Yeah, some flammable products are manually sent by the warehousing clerical. When I did backup for that role we just had a list of all of the stores serviced by our DC, and would start at the top of the list sending 1 box to each store. So if you are at a high volume store, you would get sent one each time they come in. I did find a store inventory site, dunno how accurate it was, so I tried to use that to send them to stores that actually were out/low on stock, but I don't think our actual clericals did it that way since I was trained to just send them round robin off the store list.

Nothing of what we submit through chatbot seems to makes a difference.
*same* - though I don't expect a logical answer to the question of *why?* - or a solution that will put this insanity [of sending way to much of a single DPCI] to an end.

Laziness. Apathy. Stupidity. Possibly because it was a nice day and someone was told they could leave early once their lanes were clear, so loading everything onto a single truck was the quickest way to make that happen. DC are not getting the sharpest tools in the shed when they hire sight unseen, based on how someone answered questions tied to their application, and them toss them into whatever team needs bodies.
Too funny. Yeah we used to always get what seemed like random spice jars in with sporting goods repacks but everyday!.

Occasionally, I'll find oddball things in my repacks. Hasn't happened in a while though.
Used to regularly get Stationery mixed in with my OTC repacks, and vice versa. The Stationery TM and I would save up a little pile for each other. At least that glitch got worked out.
Now if only the TMs at the DC would be more careful about not slicing through product boxes with their knives. Defected out 3 boxes of the same toothpaste yesterday and a couple of OTC meds with sliced open box tops. No way can I put those on the shelf and marking them down hasn't worked. (Funny how some things sell when marked down and others just don't - I'd buy a sliced box of toothpaste as long as I could see the tube itself hadn't been sliced into.)
As to mispicks - I can see how it'd be easy to label a similar product wrong, but labeling a box of Depends as planters? Maybe the boxes are similarly sized, but it did say "Depends" in big letters.
We all have "why" questions. Some things are just unknowable in the Target universe.

Occasionally, I'll find oddball things in my repacks. Hasn't happened in a while though.
Used to regularly get Stationery mixed in with my OTC repacks, and vice versa. The Stationery TM and I would save up a little pile for each other. At least that glitch got worked out.
Now if only the TMs at the DC would be more careful about not slicing through product boxes with their knives. Defected out 3 boxes of the same toothpaste yesterday and a couple of OTC meds with sliced open box tops. No way can I put those on the shelf and marking them down hasn't worked. (Funny how some things sell when marked down and others just don't - I'd buy a sliced box of toothpaste as long as I could see the tube itself hadn't been sliced into.)
As to mispicks - I can see how it'd be easy to label a similar product wrong, but labeling a box of Depends as planters? Maybe the boxes are similarly sized, but it did say "Depends" in big letters.
We all have "why" questions. Some things are just unknowable in the Target universe.
Sometimes its just with the sheer volume that things just get missed.

TMs pulling from the rack are sometimes not even looking at labels and they're in the wrong location or the person who put it there put it in the wrong spot.

TMs packing overpacks are moving anywhere from 1500 to 4000 SSPs a shift. They put things in the wrong boxes all the time. Or there's not enough modules(their work area) for each zone and they have to flush the whole zone. Which requires every overpack to be closed and shipped and replaced with the new zone. And they miss one or two.

The people with the knives (feeders) are cutting, opening and moving 6 times that amount many they're bound to miss and cut it open.

Basically there's so many people doing so many things, mistakes happen which kink up the chain.

Back