How are y’all’s stores?

Florida Dawg

Former Cart Attendant Pro and Target Employee
Been hearing across the country a lot Fo Target stores been struggling to hire still but also sounds like some stores got issues like mine. Lack of help and also lots of callouts as it’s like a protest because of the workload is ridiculous with management not knowing what they are doing. Just wondering how yalls is? As a Cart Attendant, I had to learn how to help with truck during the day a couple of days ago.

We are struggling. Like NotCynical said, hours are tight and we are busy. Reshop carts all over the floor. In some departments they are even keeping uboats on the floor overnight. Style zone is bad, reshop is terrible, truck push is backed up - why are they sending us soooo much Style? More than I've ever seen before. No one has time to backstock, 141s are not getting pulled every day.

We are struggling. Like NotCynical said, hours are tight and we are busy. Reshop carts all over the floor. In some departments they are even keeping uboats on the floor overnight. Style zone is bad, reshop is terrible, truck push is backed up - why are they sending us soooo much Style? More than I've ever seen before. No one has time to backstock, 141s are not getting pulled every day.
It’s a fucking shitshow and management expects everyone to do it all and overwork them, Then they wonder why there are callouts. I don’t like the ones who been doing it a lot cus it affects everyone but I understand why. Unfortunately it looks like there’s potential I’m gonna be pulled from the front to help with the workload and face more issues.

Not enough payroll for all the work assigned for sales floor.

Bitter pill to swallow walking by the front end, and there's one tm *working* at guest service, and three more people standing in the reshop area. Or five cashiers - two standing around with no guests -- and I don't mean for just a second.

Last edited:
Sounds like our store. People that never call out have been calling out or leaving early. Everyone walks around like they're depressed. It's completely bizarre how we're not given more hours to operate when the freight and sales are Q4 level. Just ridiculous.
My store been toxic basically since I been there and always has been, This is definitely one of the worst phases ever at my store since I been there. We got a new Store Director now, Hopefully he will be better than our last one, last one we had wasn’t bad. She had some questionable decisions but she overrall was good. The guy we have now, Can’t say yet.

It’s bad, the only time we look half way decent is when we cancel a truck. Then we take a truck and the brutal cycle starts over, SD is trying but has very few cards to play. Without adequate payroll and accurate freight flow, I don’t see things getting better for the near future. Hunker down everyone, do what you can.
P.s. where tf is osha?

It’s bad, the only time we look half way decent is when we cancel a truck. Then we take a truck and the brutal cycle starts over, SD is trying but has very few cards to play. Without adequate payroll and accurate freight flow, I don’t see things getting better for the near future. Hunker down everyone, do what you can.
P.s. where tf is osha?
Drop a tip to them if you want them to show. Or you might have a state regulatory body that does the job of OSHA, a good amount of states do.

WORST EVER.

we Have employees - just NO hours. Bare bones schedule is made and then DSD orders huge cuts. Call-outs are not allowed to be replaced !

Salesfloor DESTROYED - no zoning anymore, reshop overflowing (and everywhere), backroom FILLED with freight, overspill of freight on pallets, uboats, flats left on the salesfloor for DAYS, 1:1 in the hundreds for EVERY dept, OOS very high, presentation sets now a full week behind, Some SPL from 12-26 NEVER set (some have been replaced since then but others EMPTY), price change a disaster, clearance a mess. Cannot even walk in rear seasonal so full of uboats and pallets and freight cause the person from the dept is ALWAYS being pulled for Flex.

It is very depressing to show up these days.

WORST EVER.

we Have employees - just NO hours. Bare bones schedule is made and then DSD orders huge cuts. Call-outs are not allowed to be replaced !

Salesfloor DESTROYED - no zoning anymore, reshop overflowing (and everywhere), backroom FILLED with freight, overspill of freight on pallets, uboats, flats left on the salesfloor for DAYS, 1:1 in the hundreds for EVERY dept, OOS very high, presentation sets now a full week behind, Some SPL from 12-26 NEVER set (some have been replaced since then but others EMPTY), price change a disaster, clearance a mess. Cannot even walk in rear seasonal so full of uboats and pallets and freight cause the person from the dept is ALWAYS being pulled for Flex.

It is very depressing to show up these days.
Like I said, This is one of the worst phases ever since I been working for Target. Tomorrow is my 2 year anniversary of getting hired at Target and I been at the same store the whole time. This past month for Q1, The 2021 Holiday Months for Q4 and Q1 months 2021 were the worst phases for me working for them.

Like I said, This is one of the worst phases ever since I been working for Target. Tomorrow is my 2 year anniversary of getting hired at Target and I been at the same store the whole time. This past month for Q1, The 2021 Holiday Months for Q4 and Q1 months 2021 were the worst phases for me working for them.
I am comparing the last 15 years - THIS is THE worst !!

We're getting so much style that we're no longer doing breakout in the back room. We're in the unused space that used to be the bakery/deli area prior to our store remodeling a few years ago. We are days behind on unloading pallets. It's insane.

Our style has lot of pallets up on the steel and two TMs . Beauty is drowning with repacks and if you try to find something there while doing opus , half of the things will be INF because nobody is doing audit . Market and GM doing alright as of now as we have enough TMs to finish daily tasks .

As of Tuesday night everything in the store was Clean, Clean, Clean. We went all out to fix everything because inventory was Wednesday. Of course that meant today was a double so shit is already backed up again. No one has pulled in days so 1 for 1s are over 2500 for the store. We're 1000 hours over payroll for the month and we haven't gotten the big post-inventory trucks yet, Those will come next week when we have no hours to spend.

So, on the surface everything is fine for now, Unavoidable disaster is right around the corner, however, and we all know it.

YES. When will our ETL get this concept ? :
“Enough tm’s to finish daily tasks”
what an amazing thing !
People are quitting left and right . We are still hiring as I can see an orientation every once in a while . I have seen our poor receiving lady training Atleast 3 new TMs past few months and none of them stayed past a week . So is the case for fulfillment. I think in our store the only strong TMs are inbound . Then May be we can say market .

As of Tuesday night everything in the store was Clean, Clean, Clean. We went all out to fix everything because inventory was Wednesday. Of course that meant today was a double so shit is already backed up again. No one has pulled in days so 1 for 1s are over 2500 for the store. We're 1000 hours over payroll for the month and we haven't gotten the big post-inventory trucks yet, Those will come next week when we have no hours to spend.

So, on the surface everything is fine for now, Unavoidable disaster is right around the corner, however, and we all know it.

I can't remember the last time we had 141s that small. Ours are well over 10,000 everyday because no one is pulling anything- pulls, NCF, salvage, clearance, none of it. And that's an improvement from a few weeks ago when it almost topped 20,000. No joke.

My store is doing great. One TL just got promoted to ETL. We have 1 more TL who is likely to get promoted soon and an additional TL who may get promoted in a little while. My SD will probably move on to a bigger store soon. For most of the last 8 months, we have payroll left over at the end of the month and we don't know what to do with it, so it basically gets donated to the rest of the district.

My store is doing great. One TL just got promoted to ETL. We have 1 more TL who is likely to get promoted soon and an additional TL who may get promoted in a little while. My SD will probably move on to a bigger store soon. For most of the last 8 months, we have payroll left over at the end of the month and we don't know what to do with it, so it basically gets donated to the rest of the district.
Where are you im transferring. Jk but not really 🤣.

Back