Archived How busy are Food Ave and Starbucks on Thanksgiving day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question is in title, I know it will vary a lot but I'm trying to get a feel for what to expect. My first shift in that area will be an overnight on Thanksgiving and I'm not really sure what I'm getting into.

Food Ave isn't bad. Thanksgiving is the one day that you know everyone will overeat, so they aren't going to come to eat at Target. Starbucks is nuts. Crazy long lines.

For the overnight, it's dead. Some team members will get coffee because they have to work, but most guests won't want Starbucks at 2am.

Overnight at Thanksgiving will be very quiet and boring. It is a great time to clean everything from regular stuff, metro racks and to clean into every corners you can reach. It will be very slow and you will sell very few items. I would love that shift every year, but I am a TL and they just won't let me out of opening.

I think Starbucks gets so much business on those days simply because it's Starbucks. People like the idea of getting their stuff and then being able to hop over and get a latte. Food Ave however not so much. I don't know anyone except me who wants a hot dog at 2 am.

The year I opened FA, it was average - namely sodas & Icees.
Everyone else went next door to help SB, which was slammed.
The rest of my years I opened SB & it was crazy.
It's usually cold out so everyone wants something hot; they also want caffeine to tide them over for the other stops they have to make.
Last year we went thru 2 buckets of mocha in less than 2 hrs, 3 bottles of caramel topping, 2+ bottles each of peppermint, chestnut prailine & gingerbread syrups, 5 bottles of vanilla, 3 bottles of cinnamon dolce, 2 jugs of caramel brulee, 1.5 pumpkin spice, 4 boxes of chai, 3 pitchers of frapp roast, 4 jugs of frapp syrup base, 15 lbs of espresso beans & 28 gallons of milk.

Hate it when people say coffee only comes in black. I've had it all sugared up, with all that extra stuff that makes it cost $4. It can be just as strong if not stronger!

Yeah, my drink is pretty much the equivalent of drinking a 20 oz dark chocolate covered espresso bean.

Wait until you've had a six shot dark chocolate mocha breve.
You'll know you've been coffeed.
Dunno if it's the same thing, but I've had a triple shot of expresso and it didn't impress me much. It just tasted like strong coffee. I could replicate the same thing by doubling up on my Taster's Choice.

Our food ave is hella busy at like two a.m. until we close Friday night. Many shoppers coming in don't eat for Thanksgiving.

Dayum.....:eek:
You have my deepest condolences.
And my sincerest prayers.

I picture you wearing two holsters with syrup bottles, a bandolier of whip chargers & a cross band harness with caramel & mocha bottles ;)

My first year, we opened at 4AM. Starbucks was insane, but Food Ave was used to cash out guests during the opening rush. They didn't start normal operations until about 8AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back