Archived How busy will it be on christmas eve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had 188,000+ in sales at 9 pm when I checked, I didn't check at close, but 200,000+ wouldn't shock me one bit.

We kicked asses and didn't even bother taking names.

Bring on next year, beeotches!!!

We'll be here!

We were so busy. People upset that we didn't have so and so in stock. Guests asking me to scan toys to check the price. We had to annoy some guests after ten telling them we were closed. Who waits until the last night to shop?!

We were so busy. People upset that we didn't have so and so in stock. Guests asking me to scan toys to check the price. We had to annoy some guests after ten telling them we were closed. Who waits until the last night to shop?!
^^^this^^^

People procrastinate, and they expect us to be open for them. Kinda shitty to be shopping when you could be with family enjoying yourself...I mean really there are no more good toys, people bought them already. Just have fun, no need to encourage target to continue staying open late on holidays like this.

I saw our STL get a hug from a woman happy that we were open so late...

it's all good!

It was busier than I expected. We died at 7, then blew up at 9 and still had guests shopping at 10:30. The best was the guest who said it was sad that we were still open at 10, with a cart full of shit, waiting to check out at 10:30. Merry effin Christmas to you, too.

10:15PM last night-

*me standing out front exit doors waiting for any people trying to enter*

Guest- Can I use the restroom?
Me- We're closed.
Guest- I just need one thing!
Me- We're closed.
Guest- My friend is in there shopping.
Me- We're closed.

I had to have stated we are closed 100 times to 40 different people from 10-10:30.

our STL was off Christmas eve Day and I think she is off Friday too, maybe even Saturday and Sunday... thanks STL for supporting your team and helping out on the biggest reason retail is open.
Oh, if she was working at all. The only thing she would have done was zone anyway, so we really didn't miss her. But everyone was talking where is the STL ?? We sure hope she is gone by next Christmas.

We were told that the registers would automatically turn off at 9:55 pm and that once they turned off, there was no way to turn them back on. Some "guests" didn't understand that concept and were shit out of luck.

We were told that the registers would automatically turn off at 9:55 pm and that once they turned off, there was no way to turn them back on. Some "guests" didn't understand that concept and were shit out of luck.

Interesting lie...
So it wasn't true? Haha, good motivation for the guests to come up quickly. They were making announcements on the overhead every 15 minutes for 2 hours straight.

Interesting lie...
So it wasn't true? Haha, good motivation for the guests to come up quickly. They were making announcements on the overhead every 15 minutes for 2 hours straight.

No...it isn't true. They still have to be able to close the registers and get the money out, so no, the registers don't just turn off.

Also, what would they do? Just shut off in the middle of a transaction? And Target is money hungry, so they are definitely going to take all the money they can...especially while the store is still open.

My store got the fallout from Wally world guests when Wally World closed at 8pm.
Ya that happened at my store last year..not sure about this year...but we were open til 10 so If Walmart closed at 8 then we had 2 hours where we were prob the only store open on the entire side of town

The last day isnt bad enough..its the people who come in at the VERY LAST second....its like they woke up from a coma and were just informed xmas starts in 6 hours

10:15PM last night-

*me standing out front exit doors waiting for any people trying to enter*

Guest- Can I use the restroom?
Me- We're closed.
Guest- I just need one thing!
Me- We're closed.
Guest- My friend is in there shopping.
Me- We're closed.

I had to have stated we are closed 100 times to 40 different people from 10-10:30.

Haha..i had a work dream about something very similar once..where people just kept coming in and nobody was able to stop them from coming in and it was like 1-2 hours past close before I was able to leave..it was horrible :(

It was busier than I expected. We died at 7, then blew up at 9 and still had guests shopping at 10:30. The best was the guest who said it was sad that we were still open at 10, with a cart full of shit, waiting to check out at 10:30. Merry effin Christmas to you, too.

Sounds similar to my store. I sent two cashiers home at 8:45, and then the lines blew up and I had to call for four backup cashiers. Last guest left at 10:23.

Still clocked out before 10:45 though, so not too bad I guess.

Last edited:
We were fairly busy and did something like 30k over goal. I think the last 8 days helped us to gain back everything we lost during the first part of the month. Just glad that the LOD had 1 of back room guys come out and help to work some pulls or I don't think we would have finished all of them. I finished the last 1 just before 8 and along with a few other folks attempted to zone toys, so the PC team would have a better go at all the clearance markdowns in the mornings. Only got from F19-F27 before the 9pm closing time came and we were told we could go.

We were fairly busy and did something like 30k over goal. I think the last 8 days helped us to gain back everything we lost during the first part of the month. Just glad that the LOD had 1 of back room guys come out and help to work some pulls or I don't think we would have finished all of them. I finished the last 1 just before 8 and along with a few other folks attempted to zone toys, so the PC team would have a better go at all the clearance markdowns in the mornings. Only got from F19-F27 before the 9pm closing time came and we were told we could go.

I miss closing at 9pm on Christmas eve... Luckily it was only an hour later THIS year. If I'm not mistaken, way back when it was 6pm!

We were pretty busy. We made goal at 4pm or something. I clocked out at 10:07, but I ducked down real low and scurried past the registers when the gstl tried to ask a coworker to get on register for backup at 10:01. I'm off today and hoping all the millions of clearance clothes are gone when I go in tomorrow with the help from that 20% coupon.

Last edited by a moderator:
We were slammed, but what surprised me is toys didn't look like Sharknado hit it. Did 100k over goal, had a cashier scheduled for every register that worked, so no backup, it was awesome.

I miss closing at 9pm on Christmas eve... Luckily it was only an hour later THIS year. If I'm not mistaken, way back when it was 6pm!
x

lol at "way back then"..you mean like 3-4 years ago...It was 6PM my first year a couple years ago.

x

lol at "way back then"..you mean like 3-4 years ago...It was 6PM my first year a couple years ago.

Is that all? Damn, I don't even remember that. Retail does things to you...

x

Yep used to be 6PM and if you were guest not in line at 6PM you did not get to check out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back