Archived How busy will it be on christmas eve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The day of Christmas Eve has always been busy when I was working.
Never had to work in the evening so I couldn't say.

it doesn't matter there is a double truck for GM and 14 pallet truck for pfresh and about 50 carts of reshop to do on top of guests. so I sure hope its slow with guests cause we have about
3 days of work to to today !!!!

Since we've never been open this late before, it's hard to guess what our guest count will be tonight. But there's plenty to do so we'll all be busy. We had six call outs yesterday. Three of them were NCNS seasonals. I do hope they've found new jobs. Although we've already gone through our list, like Santa Claus, it's never to late to do a revision of who is naughty and nice.

I hope it is slower than yesterday, as I spent most of my night on a check-in. Really don't think outside of RTW, shoes, and lingerie that we got much zoned. I even had to leave part of one CAF pull in order to clock-out on time.

Yesterday wasn't as bad as the weekend. Lordy! The non-stop masses of humanity!

Yesterday was busier than the weekend at my store, sales goal was higher as well.

Yesterday at 9 PM we'd done 273,000+ in sales.

I drive by my old store on my way to-from my current job. I have literally never seen the parking lot so full, compared to today. black friday included.

Oh god, I'm gonna be there at 5:15 until 9:15...guess I'll have fun finding parking.

The slavering hordes will descend upon you like locusts. Woe be unto thee if you should not have a my size lazy eye Elsa! A pox upon thine house!

Last minute shoppers and clearance shoppers will be out in force. a bunch of them will even say "I can't believe you are open so late on Christmas Eve" while filling up your conveyor belt with things they really don't need.

haha isnt this the truth

It has been busy this whole last week for us.

The last 6 days or so we have been blowing past our forecast by 20k+ each day.

I am thankfully not working tonight but I remember last year WalMart closed BEFORE us and the last hour we had hordes of guests coming in...

My store was actually pretty dead, only needed 4 registers at close to deal with the amount of people checking out. Many cashiers (including myself) got reassigned to zoning and one spot.

Only 4? That's not dead. Dead is 1 cashier.

I had 2 cashiers leave at 8:45, 1 more leave at 9:45, and then the last two till 10:15, we needed tons of backup with that setup for the last stretch.

Only 4? That's not dead. Dead is 1 cashier.

I had 2 cashiers leave at 8:45, 1 more leave at 9:45, and then the last two till 10:15, we needed tons of backup with that setup for the last stretch.
We didn't need any backup at all. For the entire time I was there (5:15 to 9:15). We closed at 9. I was told there weren't that many guests before I got there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back